I would love a copy of the catalogue for the menu, flowers, etc! My email address is s_leite12@yahoo.ca

Yay, just found out that some of pro picks were shipped today so I should have them by next week.  Once I get them I'll do a proper review on the resort.

Oh and I forgot to mention that if you look up Wedd Pict Cancun on facebook you can find some pictures from my ceremony at the private beach location.  The resort asked me if they could take some pictures for future use and this is who they used.

Janette34, Thanks for your input and sharing your experience! Did you like the photogragher, were they expensive? Did you upgrade anything for your wedding decor? Was pricing from the resort reasonable for customizing the decor?

We did the presidential package and paid extra for them to hang up the lanterns ($5 a piece) and for the outdoor lounge furniture (about $500 for 2 sets that woud seat 8 people each).  As for the wedding decor I took just about everything with me except for the fabric around the arch and the flowers.  The resort photographer emailed me about 2 weeks prior to the wedding with his package prices and I did find them to be a little high especially since I hadn't heard anything really great about the quality of their pictures.  Fortunately for us my sister in law does some photography and offered to take our pictures.  We took the 10 photos from the resort that were included in the package and he had taken about 135 of the ceremony.  Most of his work was really good but my sister in law had all of the same pics.

As far as decor goes just make sure you take pictures of how you want things to look and the ladies in the wedding office will do a great job of recreating this for you.  When we met with them I realized I forgot some of my photos so I just asked them if I could use their computer for a moment and brought up my planning thread on here so they copied the link and used that to go by.

I have to question the quality of the resort photographer since the resort brought in Jesus Vazquez from Wedd Pict Cancun to get some shots for them to use for promotional material.

Originally Posted by ashk View Post

Janette34, Thanks for your input and sharing your experience! Did you like the photogragher, were they expensive? Did you upgrade anything for your wedding decor? Was pricing from the resort reasonable for customizing the decor?

Janette, I love how everything turned out, especially the hanging lanterns!  I am not surprised to hear that they might be charging extra for doing decor now...especially when they have to get up into the high beams of the palapa and it becomes a mult-person task.  I know it was a lot of work for them to hang our papel picado...the wind that day made it extra tricky.  But wow, you must have had wind that it was blowing at your table like that!  Those white screens around the perimeter do a really good job of blocking it out for the most part.

The coconut ice cream at the GS is FAB...did you ask for that with your dessert?  I'm pretty sure our brownie came with vanilla ice cream...I didn't even think to ask for a different flavour!  And I just have to ask...what were the lettuce leaves stabbed in to on the plate (tropical fruit salad)?  Our photographer didn't take any pics of the plates during dinner which was too bad : (

Originally Posted by janette34 View Post

I brought my own centerpieces, basically just vases from the dollar store that I wrapped velum around to make luminaries and had some shells on the table.  If you are going to go with candles and you're going to be in the palapa I would suggest flameless as it was extremely windy the night of my wedding.  There was a small joke made to my husband that it was Hurrican Janette and that is what he has to look forward too!  They did charge me for putting up the lanterns, I had taken 60 with me but they only charged me for 30 but they put up some of their own which looked great!  I don't have my pro pictures yet but here is some my cousin took showing the lanterns and some of our meal.  I think they charged me $5 per lantern for set up.

Lanterns 1.jpg

Lanterns 2.jpg

Fruit Salad.jpg

Tropical Fruit Salad

Dessert.jpg

Brownie with Coconut Ice Cream

Table Setting.JPG

My table inspiration, they did a great job or recreating this.

Windy head table.jpg

And this shows how windy it was, we are holding onto our glasses so they didn't blow over!

I was just cleaning out some files and saw these pics of past GS weddings (palapa space) that I had found in the year leading up to the wedding.  Thought some of you might like to see them...

1000x500px-LL-3382d27e_IMG_06731.JPG

5081723027_70e5b5e034.jpg

DSC03567.jpg

Palapa 2.JPG

palapa 3.JPG

MJKH - I did ask for the coconut ice cream - its my absolute favorite!  Elizabeth told me that she didn't think it would be available but I was so happy that we got it.  The salad is in a ring of pineapple and probably one of the best salads I have ever had.  Elizabeth did explain to us that the charge for hanging the lanterns was due to having extra employees and the time it would take to get up to the beams to hang them.  It was so windy the night of our reception that chairs were blowing over and they had to fill my luminaries with water to keep them from blowing down.  The head table was the furthest from the ocean so I felt really bad for the tables closest too especially when it started to rain and it was blowing in on them.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Unfortunately, pregnancy yoga training is a time of extreme. It's all part of the deal; even the stress is often a normal effect of the hormones that are raging through your system. But you have to keep stress at a controlled level because you have to think of your health and that of your baby. Here are some tips on how to keep stress at bay during pregnancy: 1. Evaluate your activities. Pregnancy is a time of many changes; your body is changing and your life is also about to change. You are transitioning to becoming a new mother. While you're at it, it's high time to change your activities as well. Evaluate your activities by checking your schedule. Perhaps you lived quite a busy life before. That can be pretty stressful and may even put your pregnancy at risk, so it would be best to slow things down a bit now that you're pregnant. Pregnancy has its way of affecting your mood and making you feel tired all the time, so there will be times when you just won't be productive. So instead of piling up on tasks, choose activities that you can drop or delegate to someone else. 2. Break the bad habits. Whether you really were trying to get pregnant or pregnancy crept up on you, somewhere along the way you will face the need to break your bad habits. What are these notorious bad habits you definitely have to say goodbye to during your pregnancy? · Smoking · Alcohol consumption · Too much coffee or any other beverage that contains caffeine One good way of breaking bad habits, even ones that you've had for years, is subliminal programming. Subliminal programming means re-training the mind; it works in two steps: · Removing negative embedded factors in the subconscious Since this method communicates directly with the subconscious, which is responsible for directing our actions and behaviors, it is more effective than consciously deciding to stop smoking or drinking. 3. Take up meditation. If you haven't tried it before, now is the best time to take up meditation. There are many tips and instructions online as well as many books on the subject. You can learn it on your own or join a meditation class. Meditation is the art of emptying the mind to relax both the mind and the body. It is also very effective in regulating emotions, which can be hard to control when you're pregnant. If you have plenty of time to spare, join a yoga class. 4. Block the horror stories. Every woman who's been pregnant loves telling her pregnancy stories to non-pregnant or newly pregnant women. It's their way of saying "welcome to the club." While good advice is particularly helpful, most women tend to share horror stories, or stories of how stressful and emotional pregnancy was for them. You may also use subliminal messages to train your mind to block these negative stories, so you can focus on the positive things about your pregnancy. There are many positive things, too, the biggest of which is the new life inside you, so you won't run out of good thoughts to nurture in your mind.   Safe and Easy Workouts to Do During Your Pregnancy The main rule of thumb when exercising while pregnant is to modify your workouts to suit the trimester you are in and to honor what is happening to your body. What is deemed appropriate for your first trimester is certainly not for your third trimester. However, there are several exercises that you can perform right through to the end. Let's examine the first trimester. You are just beginning your nine-month journey. You may be feeling a bit more tired, perhaps queazy, but you may not even be showing a baby bump yet. At this time, if you have already had a workout program in place, you can continue with what you've been doing.  Some doctors may not advise any lying down exercises at any time during your pregnancy, but speak with your physician to determine if this modification is necessary. Appropriate exercise for the first trimester: • your normal routine (within limits) • walking • swimming • low impact aerobics (keeping heart rate low) • strength training • yoga As you move into your second trimester, you may be feeling a surge of energy but your body is showing the pregnancy more and certain workouts may not feel as good. Around this time, lying down is not totally recommended and keeping heart rate low and core body temperature low is important. The importance of abdominal and pelvic floor strength should be highlighted throughout your pregnancy, so if you haven't already started, Kegal exercises should be implemented in all workouts you do. What is a Kegal? The pelvic floor muscles are like a hammock of muscles located at the base of your torso and under your pelvis. To do a Kegal, simply engage the muscles that you would use to urinate. Keeping these muscles strong may make for an easier birth and less pregnancy related incontinence. Appropriate exercise for the second trimester: • Kegal exercises • pelvic tilts (with head elevated with pillows) • walking • swimming • easy yoga • strength training (lighter weights) As you move into your third trimester, you are now getting to the top of your pregnancy weight which may change the way you stand, how long you can sit, and your sense of balance. Aches and pains from your changing body are probably felt more now. Workouts now become about making you comfortable and making sure you simply maintain what you have. A safe abdominal exercise, which also makes your back feel great, is an all-fours cat stretch and contraction. To do: on a rug or sticky mat, go down onto hands and knees. Keeping back straight, simply pull your abdominals in towards your spine without altering the straight position of your back.. Repeat 10 times. From there, round your back up, like an angry cat, feeling a stretch over your shoulders and spine, then release. Repeat 5 times. Prenatal yoga is great for elevating your mood, may help you sleep better, and decreases pregnancy aches and pains. Just make sure you speak with your doctor first and remember to never start a new program while pregnant. Keeping up with what you're doing is super and will make for an easier birth and a faster recovery. Susanna Marchesa, FitOrbit Trainer  Created by legendary fitness legend Jake Steinfeld of Body by Jake, having an online personal trainer is the all-in-one complete solution that eliminates the guesswork and guarantees results! At FitOrbit, you'll get one-click access to the world's best fitness and weight loss online personal trainers anytime, everywhere!  
    • I came across this giveaway on instagram for a wedding video and photo sessions, Just wanted to share in case any new brides are looking for a video. Giveaway end on Sunday July 12 2020 https://www.instagram.com/p/CCY-JgHpNB-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link 
    • DIY Face Mask for those whom were affected by the social distancing of the COVID-19 the following links have videos showing instruction on how to make masks for the Brides, Grooms, Bride's maids, and Best men: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2tCd6ODBas&feature=youtu.be   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dy0tfcixl4&feature=youtu.be   It's quite nice. Happy sewing... ref: creator: Rosie Panda Cutie https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSKAtt3QWCNs7WGFdvrI4w/videos  
  • Topics