Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi MJKH,

Thank you for your answer. Yes, it will be easier to have a TA, I should have done that. I'm trying to stay calm, and I will stay in this way,but it is very frustrating. Every time that there is a problem or some of my close friends try to book there is a comment "oh Tayro hasn't respond ,he hasnt' follow up with confirmation, he hasn't send me the form, do you think that he got my e-mail" I contact him and he responds, but in the meantime I am the one who follows up. It is like doing double work.

 

My goal will be that somebody really takes responsability to make sure that the e-mails are answered and my guests gets answers, good service, trust and feel respected and positive about the way the hotel solves their problems and doubts and that somebody follows up with them. I cc, everyone , everytime that  this issues happens. I'm also telling everyone  (Aracely, Tayro, and guests) to get a  second and third floor room, as you suggested, to prevent other uncomfortable situation at arrival  (that's my second goal). Your idea is great I'm going to follow up one week and one day before the trip to make sure everything is in order.

 

Yesterday, I just had another issue going on, regarding prices, it seems that the sales department is responding in a positive way. I will let you know. :). Wish me luck in my Travel Agent new job ;).

 

Sorry everyone, if this information is axiety provoking, my intension it is to get some input on previous brides' experiences with this topic, give my experience to future brides, and hopefully coming back after the wedding saying, nothing but positive things about the rest of this journey.

Have a good weekend!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

linds0128's The disco is not opened on Mondays, Wednesdays and Sundays.

 

I'm getting married on Wednesday, and I've been told there is a beach party that night, although I'm not sure if there is a beach party every night the disco is closed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Prometida!  How are things going with your plans at the GS...I hope moving forward?  

 

J~

 

 

 

Originally Posted by Prometida View Post

Hi MJKH,

Thank you for your answer. Yes, it will be easier to have a TA, I should have done that. I'm trying to stay calm, and I will stay in this way,but it is very frustrating. Every time that there is a problem or some of my close friends try to book there is a comment "oh Tayro hasn't respond ,he hasnt' follow up with confirmation, he hasn't send me the form, do you think that he got my e-mail" I contact him and he responds, but in the meantime I am the one who follows up. It is like doing double work.

 

My goal will be that somebody really takes responsability to make sure that the e-mails are answered and my guests gets answers, good service, trust and feel respected and positive about the way the hotel solves their problems and doubts and that somebody follows up with them. I cc, everyone , everytime that  this issues happens. I'm also telling everyone  (Aracely, Tayro, and guests) to get a  second and third floor room, as you suggested, to prevent other uncomfortable situation at arrival  (that's my second goal). Your idea is great I'm going to follow up one week and one day before the trip to make sure everything is in order.

 

Yesterday, I just had another issue going on, regarding prices, it seems that the sales department is responding in a positive way. I will let you know. :). Wish me luck in my Travel Agent new job ;).

 

Sorry everyone, if this information is axiety provoking, my intension it is to get some input on previous brides' experiences with this topic, give my experience to future brides, and hopefully coming back after the wedding saying, nothing but positive things about the rest of this journey.

Have a good weekend!

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi MJKH, Than you for asking. The sales department were super nice . I hope things move in this direction from now on,;). I'll let you know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hi Prometida,

                       My TA has been a god sent, when I send an emial to the WC and i dont get a timely response she emails them and I get a response very quickly. Seems they take emails from TA's more seriously because they know they may not recommend the resort to future brides if they disappoint. Sorry for your troubles, hope it all works out. I will be there less than 5 weeks, so crazy;)
 

Originally Posted by Prometida View Post

Hi everyone
I'm looking for some support and advice.
I'm feeling super frustrated with the Grand Sirenis.
My wedding is in a month and the communication with the hotel in general had been very challenging. Regarding the WC 's I feel less helpless because in this forum at the end of the day the comments are positive and everything is great during the big day. However, my current frustration is with the reservation department . Tayro Cortes is our reservation person, it takes him a lot of time to answer emails, follow up with reservations and giving accurate and efficient service. Many of my guests contacted us asking about this situation and after my intervention Tayro follows up with them, but it has been exhausting for us.
For all of you that are reserving with a TA , I think is the best way to go,
My hope is that somebody in this forum that made reservations directly with the hotel can let me know how did you manage this situation?. Should I contact the general manager?. Aracely, Elizabeth , Tayro's boss and account department are aware of this issue and I haven't feel that somebody really found a solution.
I really appreciate your comments and advise. I feel very embarrased with my guests.
I'm aware that I'm also getting nervous because I have 1 month to go, but my advice for all of you that are planning to get married here is to get a travel agent that solve the problems for you and your party.
I will let you know about my experience in a month of so after my wedding !
Thank you


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wedding is next Wednesday, and I still have unanswered questions and a problem with a reservation I need them to fix - I emailed on April 2 & 9th with no reply. Responses were fine with the resort until April – then 1 mth away from my wedding and they no longer talk to me. I'm beyond stressed out at this point.

 

It also doesnâ€t help is that my wedding co-coordinator has been changed 3 times since we booked this resort in September, each time this happens I feel details of my planning starting to disappear. Iâ€m hoping my TA can get them to respond.

 

Iâ€m still looking forward to going to this resort, and trying to remain positive. I just hope the wedding is everything I want it to be. Only 5 more sleeps until I leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am here now and my wedding was on Monday.  We met with the WC, Elizabeth the day after we arrived for about 2 hours and went over everything.  The wedding was amazing and they did a great job at doing what I asked.  I know its stressful but try not to worry about the wedding details, they went above and beyond my expectations.

 

Originally Posted by charcat View Post

My wedding is next Wednesday, and I still have unanswered questions and a problem with a reservation I need them to fix - I emailed on April 2 & 9th with no reply. Responses were fine with the resort until April – then 1 mth away from my wedding and they no longer talk to me. I'm beyond stressed out at this point.

 

It also doesnâ€t help is that my wedding co-coordinator has been changed 3 times since we booked this resort in September, each time this happens I feel details of my planning starting to disappear. Iâ€m hoping my TA can get them to respond.

 

Iâ€m still looking forward to going to this resort, and trying to remain positive. I just hope the wedding is everything I want it to be. Only 5 more sleeps until I leave.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YAAAAY Janette...I'm so happy to hear that!  Charcat...I was soooo where you were two weeks before our wedding.  Pleeeaaase don't let it get you down/overwhelmed/upset...Araceli is the manager of the department and, in our case, she handled the correspondence leading up to the wedding and did the legal paperwork piece with us and our witnesses the week of the wedding.   Elizabeth/Angelina handled everything else...and they all work very well together as a team.  I was never told "so and so is assigned to be your wedding planner" at any point.  I made sure to ask when they would be accessible in the office when I had things to drop off/pick up/talk about...and they were really good about letting us know when they were tied up with other weddings that week.  When I called during the day from our room at the resort, Araceli always picked up the phone.  Be prepared to take all of your decor, dress for steaming (if you want), pictures, visions, etc. to that first meeting...it's a productive one and as we were talking with Elizabeth that first day, Araceli was on the phone with vendors getting prices, making appointments at the spa, etc. for us.  The night of the wedding, when Elizabeth was decorating our suite so beautifully, Angelina was handling everything with our group back at the reception.  They all work together for you!!!  

Originally Posted by janette34 View Post

I am here now and my wedding was on Monday.  We met with the WC, Elizabeth the day after we arrived for about 2 hours and went over everything.  The wedding was amazing and they did a great job at doing what I asked.  I know its stressful but try not to worry about the wedding details, they went above and beyond my expectations.

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Janette CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm soooo happy to hear evrything went fine! enjoy!! how is the weather? , I'll be there in 4 weeks ;). I'm guessing the sunset is around 7pm at this time of the year yey!!!.

 

Charcat, I'm there with you I'm leaving to cancun in less that 5 weeks and I decided to relax. Elizabeth re-schedualed my skype apointment and I decided that I'm bringing all the things that I need (pictures, list of things, etc) and figure things out at my appointment when them. Don't worry, just try to organize everything before you leave and bring it with you. The reason that I'm so calm is because I have read over and over again that the communication with the resort/WC is very challenging and then at the end everything is fine in the big day, so I'm trusting that.:)

 

The more important things is that you don't stress out. I completely understand how you feel . I asked for estimates in flowers for the reception a month ago and no answer, so It's very frustrating, but it is not worthed to stress out, it is time for you to put that energy in your happiness ;). Just as MJ was saying e-mail them a week before your departure to make sure everything is ok and bring everything for your appointment with them.

 

All the best

P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it seems like a bunch of us are within weeks, or days of each other, im down there may 4-11 is anyone else there the same time??

 

Also does anyone by chance know what kind of hook ups are needed for the projector and screen?? I have sent about 3 emails with various questions and attachments and have not heard anything back either...

 

thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...