Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Yes thanks Miss (Mrs) Annette and MJKH - amazing reviews and info!  I promise to give back too when the time comes - ha ha.  My daughter (Kayla - bride) and I hope to have the quotes from all the tour operators tomorrow or next day and then we book :)  One other question - I have a niece in an electric wheelchair and am wondering if you noticed wheelchair accessibility and elevators?  I read that some area have lots of stairs but as long as there are ramps and elevators, we'll be ok.  Miss Annette - what was your total cost if you don't mind me asking for 60 guests?  Can I ask that on this site - I should have read the rules - lol!  MJKH - be talking to ya soon :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know that the accessibility regulations are the same in Mexico as they are here, but there certainly are elevators and ramps throughout the resort and there was a fellow in a wheelchair getting around quite well the week we were there. 

 

We were concerned about my FI's aunt who had a stroke a few years back...she walks with a cane due to her one-sided weakness...SHE would have had a tougher time at the GS due to the slippery tiles and some of the rougher walkways.  She didn't end up coming to the wedding.
 

Originally Posted by MinStoon View Post

Yes thanks Miss (Mrs) Annette and MJKH - amazing reviews and info!  I promise to give back too when the time comes - ha ha.  My daughter (Kayla - bride) and I hope to have the quotes from all the tour operators tomorrow or next day and then we book :)  One other question - I have a niece in an electric wheelchair and am wondering if you noticed wheelchair accessibility and elevators?  I read that some area have lots of stairs but as long as there are ramps and elevators, we'll be ok.  Miss Annette - what was your total cost if you don't mind me asking for 60 guests?  Can I ask that on this site - I should have read the rules - lol!  MJKH - be talking to ya soon :)



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there is anyone interested in the meal, flower, decor "catalogues" that the resort sent to me this January, please "PM" me with your e-mail address.  But just keep in mind that they'd be for reference purposes only...pricing and availability may change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so excited, the TA checked in today and 9 people have booked so far!!smile159.gifIt's so muich more real seeing the numbers come in!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know what days of the week the disco is closed?? I had assumed it was open everynight but was told it isn't. 

 

Also Im not sure who was asking about the projector and screen but I have it in my papers as 1000 pesos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was me!  Thank-you!  Do you think you could send me the info you have, I don't have that pricing anywhere?   sarah@starseed-photography.com
 

Originally Posted by linds0128 View Post

Does anyone know what days of the week the disco is closed?? I had assumed it was open everynight but was told it isn't. 

 

Also Im not sure who was asking about the projector and screen but I have it in my papers as 1000 pesos



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a couple of photos for whoever was asking about appies provided for cocktail hour.  This is what was put out for 32 guests...to give you an idea of quantity.  It was included in our package.  I don't know in the end how much of the tray was eaten...this happened when we went off to take photos.  

 

734_0191.jpg

 

734_0192.jpg

 

And a pro photo of the flowers that decorated the bamboo wedding arch and table (also included in our "presidential" package):

 

734_0189.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few more pro photos for all of you future GS brides:

 

734_0058.jpg

 

734_0068.jpg

 

734_0157.jpg

 

734_0162.jpg

 

734_0468.jpg

 

734_0492.jpg734_0522.jpg

 

734_0546.jpg

 

734_0668.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone I'm looking for some support and advice. I'm feeling super frustrated with the Grand Sirenis. My wedding is in a month and the communication with the hotel in general had been very challenging. Regarding the WC 's I feel less helpless because in this forum at the end of the day the comments are positive and everything is great during the big day. However, my current frustration is with the reservation department . Tayro Cortes is our reservation person, it takes him a lot of time to answer emails, follow up with reservations and giving accurate and efficient service. Many of my guests contacted us asking about this situation and after my intervention Tayro follows up with them, but it has been exhausting for us. For all of you that are reserving with a TA , I think is the best way to go, My hope is that somebody in this forum that made reservations directly with the hotel can let me know how did you manage this situation?. Should I contact the general manager?. Aracely, Elizabeth , Tayro's boss and account department are aware of this issue and I haven't feel that somebody really found a solution. I really appreciate your comments and advise. I feel very embarrased with my guests. I'm aware that I'm also getting nervous because I have 1 month to go, but my advice for all of you that are planning to get married here is to get a travel agent that solve the problems for you and your party. I will let you know about my experience in a month of so after my wedding ! Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ughhh...I'm really sorry to hear that!  Honestly, I didn't think of that as a possibility...booking directly with the hotel.  Our travel agent even booked the single nights' accommodation for our photographer thru Sunquest (our package provider)...so that probably should tell us something.  What is the issue you're trying to sort out...whether or not your guests actually have rooms, or what kind of room everyone is needing/getting or where on the resort you're located?  My husband works as a front desk manager for a major hotel here in town...I think what he would tell you is to be firm and clear about what you're after (but STAY CALM...don't swear, threaten, etc!!!)...to put everything in writing and get everything in writing...to follow up with a fax and/or e-mail one week before and the day before you arrive (and it probably wouldn't hurt to cc it to Aracely and one or two other key people at the resort so that "Tayro" is accountable for his follow-up).
 

Originally Posted by Prometida View Post

Hi everyone
I'm looking for some support and advice.
I'm feeling super frustrated with the Grand Sirenis.
My wedding is in a month and the communication with the hotel in general had been very challenging. Regarding the WC 's I feel less helpless because in this forum at the end of the day the comments are positive and everything is great during the big day. However, my current frustration is with the reservation department . Tayro Cortes is our reservation person, it takes him a lot of time to answer emails, follow up with reservations and giving accurate and efficient service. Many of my guests contacted us asking about this situation and after my intervention Tayro follows up with them, but it has been exhausting for us.
For all of you that are reserving with a TA , I think is the best way to go,
My hope is that somebody in this forum that made reservations directly with the hotel can let me know how did you manage this situation?. Should I contact the general manager?. Aracely, Elizabeth , Tayro's boss and account department are aware of this issue and I haven't feel that somebody really found a solution.
I really appreciate your comments and advise. I feel very embarrased with my guests.
I'm aware that I'm also getting nervous because I have 1 month to go, but my advice for all of you that are planning to get married here is to get a travel agent that solve the problems for you and your party.
I will let you know about my experience in a month of so after my wedding !
Thank you


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Unfortunately, pregnancy yoga training is a time of extreme. It's all part of the deal; even the stress is often a normal effect of the hormones that are raging through your system. But you have to keep stress at a controlled level because you have to think of your health and that of your baby. Here are some tips on how to keep stress at bay during pregnancy: 1. Evaluate your activities. Pregnancy is a time of many changes; your body is changing and your life is also about to change. You are transitioning to becoming a new mother. While you're at it, it's high time to change your activities as well. Evaluate your activities by checking your schedule. Perhaps you lived quite a busy life before. That can be pretty stressful and may even put your pregnancy at risk, so it would be best to slow things down a bit now that you're pregnant. Pregnancy has its way of affecting your mood and making you feel tired all the time, so there will be times when you just won't be productive. So instead of piling up on tasks, choose activities that you can drop or delegate to someone else. 2. Break the bad habits. Whether you really were trying to get pregnant or pregnancy crept up on you, somewhere along the way you will face the need to break your bad habits. What are these notorious bad habits you definitely have to say goodbye to during your pregnancy? · Smoking · Alcohol consumption · Too much coffee or any other beverage that contains caffeine One good way of breaking bad habits, even ones that you've had for years, is subliminal programming. Subliminal programming means re-training the mind; it works in two steps: · Removing negative embedded factors in the subconscious Since this method communicates directly with the subconscious, which is responsible for directing our actions and behaviors, it is more effective than consciously deciding to stop smoking or drinking. 3. Take up meditation. If you haven't tried it before, now is the best time to take up meditation. There are many tips and instructions online as well as many books on the subject. You can learn it on your own or join a meditation class. Meditation is the art of emptying the mind to relax both the mind and the body. It is also very effective in regulating emotions, which can be hard to control when you're pregnant. If you have plenty of time to spare, join a yoga class. 4. Block the horror stories. Every woman who's been pregnant loves telling her pregnancy stories to non-pregnant or newly pregnant women. It's their way of saying "welcome to the club." While good advice is particularly helpful, most women tend to share horror stories, or stories of how stressful and emotional pregnancy was for them. You may also use subliminal messages to train your mind to block these negative stories, so you can focus on the positive things about your pregnancy. There are many positive things, too, the biggest of which is the new life inside you, so you won't run out of good thoughts to nurture in your mind.   Safe and Easy Workouts to Do During Your Pregnancy The main rule of thumb when exercising while pregnant is to modify your workouts to suit the trimester you are in and to honor what is happening to your body. What is deemed appropriate for your first trimester is certainly not for your third trimester. However, there are several exercises that you can perform right through to the end. Let's examine the first trimester. You are just beginning your nine-month journey. You may be feeling a bit more tired, perhaps queazy, but you may not even be showing a baby bump yet. At this time, if you have already had a workout program in place, you can continue with what you've been doing.  Some doctors may not advise any lying down exercises at any time during your pregnancy, but speak with your physician to determine if this modification is necessary. Appropriate exercise for the first trimester: • your normal routine (within limits) • walking • swimming • low impact aerobics (keeping heart rate low) • strength training • yoga As you move into your second trimester, you may be feeling a surge of energy but your body is showing the pregnancy more and certain workouts may not feel as good. Around this time, lying down is not totally recommended and keeping heart rate low and core body temperature low is important. The importance of abdominal and pelvic floor strength should be highlighted throughout your pregnancy, so if you haven't already started, Kegal exercises should be implemented in all workouts you do. What is a Kegal? The pelvic floor muscles are like a hammock of muscles located at the base of your torso and under your pelvis. To do a Kegal, simply engage the muscles that you would use to urinate. Keeping these muscles strong may make for an easier birth and less pregnancy related incontinence. Appropriate exercise for the second trimester: • Kegal exercises • pelvic tilts (with head elevated with pillows) • walking • swimming • easy yoga • strength training (lighter weights) As you move into your third trimester, you are now getting to the top of your pregnancy weight which may change the way you stand, how long you can sit, and your sense of balance. Aches and pains from your changing body are probably felt more now. Workouts now become about making you comfortable and making sure you simply maintain what you have. A safe abdominal exercise, which also makes your back feel great, is an all-fours cat stretch and contraction. To do: on a rug or sticky mat, go down onto hands and knees. Keeping back straight, simply pull your abdominals in towards your spine without altering the straight position of your back.. Repeat 10 times. From there, round your back up, like an angry cat, feeling a stretch over your shoulders and spine, then release. Repeat 5 times. Prenatal yoga is great for elevating your mood, may help you sleep better, and decreases pregnancy aches and pains. Just make sure you speak with your doctor first and remember to never start a new program while pregnant. Keeping up with what you're doing is super and will make for an easier birth and a faster recovery. Susanna Marchesa, FitOrbit Trainer  Created by legendary fitness legend Jake Steinfeld of Body by Jake, having an online personal trainer is the all-in-one complete solution that eliminates the guesswork and guarantees results! At FitOrbit, you'll get one-click access to the world's best fitness and weight loss online personal trainers anytime, everywhere!  
    • I came across this giveaway on instagram for a wedding video and photo sessions, Just wanted to share in case any new brides are looking for a video. Giveaway end on Sunday July 12 2020 https://www.instagram.com/p/CCY-JgHpNB-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link 
    • DIY Face Mask for those whom were affected by the social distancing of the COVID-19 the following links have videos showing instruction on how to make masks for the Brides, Grooms, Bride's maids, and Best men: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2tCd6ODBas&feature=youtu.be   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dy0tfcixl4&feature=youtu.be   It's quite nice. Happy sewing... ref: creator: Rosie Panda Cutie https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSKAtt3QWCNs7WGFdvrI4w/videos  
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...