I'm also from UK and I had the same concerns but I had the following emails from Yeni -
Who are you travelling with and are you doing a package deal? We are going with Thomas Cook and booked the wedding through them as then they can make sure everything goes smoothly and keep on top of all the paperwork!!
1st emailâ€¦â€¦In order to do a Legal ceremony please check the legal paper work, if this is your firs marriage is easier beacuase you only need passport and tourist car if is the 2nd you need to translate the documents so check the information and let me know.
· Valid Passport
· Tourist card must be filled according to the official document you will present.
· Blood test should be in done in medical center of the Grand Sirenis. ( $220 us dls per couple)
· 4 witnesses with valid passport and tourist card. They have to arrive three business day before the wedding.
· If you do not have witnesses we can provide them ( $20 us dls each one).
· If the Bride is divorced in Canada and her passport has her ex-husband last name, she needs to bring a separate and Original Birth Certificate certified by the Mexican Consulate and translated into Spanish as well as the certification and her Tourist Visa Card MUST be filled according to the Birth Certificate
· If the Bride is divorced in United States or United Kingdom and her passport has her ex-husband last name, she needs to bring a separate and Original Birth Certificate certified through an APOSTILLE SEAL by the Secretary of State and translated into Spanish as well as the Apostille and her Tourist Visa Card MUST be filled according to the Birth Certificate.
· Legal ceremonies on Sundays have an extra charge of $ 1,500 pesos
· Apostille seal has an extra charge of 110 usd
· The wedding coordinator will send you a form that you have to fill out with all your and witnesses information, this form you have to send it at least 2 weeks before your arrival.
· I will like to inform you, that by the Mexican law, we have a new procedure that must be done in order to performance a legal ceremony, it is called â€œ No marriage recordâ€ this is a quick procedure to verify that no one was legally married before or if so, the divorce process is completed. To start this procedure please I need you to send me a scan copy of both passports by email, the process has an extra fee of $500 pesos that you must pay upon arrival.
2nd emailâ€¦â€¦You have to send all the scan copies of this documentation like 2 months in advance because we need to start with the paper work. Could be when you start working with your personal wedding coordinator.
So basically no translation needed if you haven't been married before, and you only need passport and tourist card (which I assumed you got out there!!) but looks like they might ask you to send scanned copies before you go out there!
Hope that helps you make the decision :-)