Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Brides??

• Please log in to reply
1691 replies to this topic

#801 janette34

janette34
  • 417 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by 1dutchie 

Would anyone have 2014 pricing available..? Because that is really what we are looking for but I would like to get some sort of idea so 2013 would be great also! It sounds as though the Presidential Package comes with all the bells and whistles.. from what I have read. We like the idea of the Palapa and from what I have read it is available to you for 4 hours.. Are these specified hours? Is the Palapa for the reception / dancing only or do the guest eat in there? Or do you eat at one of the restaurants first and then go there..? Is the resort able to accomodate in case the weather is terrible and move the group inside? Thanks for your help!

I can't help with the 2014 pricing, but I can answer a few of your questions.  The palapa is available for 4 hours, you can have it for more but they will charge you per guest for the bartender and per hour for the DJ.  I don't belive the hours are specified, you can schedule your dinner/reception for the time you want.  You can eat there depending on the size of your group, I had 35 people and there was plenty of room.  In the case of bad weather there is a back up location, I believe it was somewhere inside the spa.  The location of the palapa is away from all other areas of the resort, except the disco.

#802 sgreen99

sgreen99
    • Site Supporter
    • 187 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

Hey ladies! Can I get some help from those that have already been through the process? 

I've recieved all of the "final" documents and I feel COMPLETELY lost.  I'm not sure if it's the language barrier or what. 

But, for instance choosing the BBQ menu for the palapa - how the heck does that work?  She said "

Please note that for groups bigger than 15 people, we need to work with a set menu (means the same option of soup/main course for the entire group)".  Ok, so this is the list I was sent - I see lots of meat choices, and then some random Entree things...Is meat not an entree?  Do We choose one meat OR on entree?  How is cold shrimps and entire entree?  I sure hope someone can help me with this because I feel like a total dummy, but it just is not clear to me :( Help!!!

#803 sgreen99

sgreen99
      • Site Supporter
      • 187 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

Sorry this was the attachment!

Attached Files

#804 Jennifer Haddad

Jennifer Haddad
        • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

I found this that was really relevant: http://www.villasriv...ities/weddings/

#805 MJKH

MJKH
          • Site Supporter
          • 654 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:29 AM

Oh gee...I see what you mean. This looks nothing like what we were working with a year ago. Can you just tell them that you find the paperwork a bit confusing and that you'd like to go thru it when you arrive? We had steak and lobster, salmon for those who did not want red meat, and pasta for the kids and vegetarians, but I know even that many options required some negotiating back and forth. Obviously, they like to keep the options to a minimum to ensure consistency in cooking and the best results off the grill. I know that the pasta was the least well received entree as far as our group was concerned (cold and undercooked). Everything else was a BIG hit!

#806 sgreen99

sgreen99
            • Site Supporter
            • 187 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

OK, I got a MUCH better example from her, now it makes sense!! So, if you are just going with the "standard" meal at the palapa ($350 pesos per), it's a Buffet style and you just choose what main meat will be served.  If anyone else finds this useful!!

Attached Files

• Attached File  BBQ.pdf   360.52KB   3 downloads

#807 sgreen99

sgreen99
              • Site Supporter
              • 187 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

Did they give you any sort of a guide as to the table set-up in the palapa?  (IE to do up a seating chart?)  What are your thoughts?

#808 janette34

janette34
                • 417 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by sgreen99 

Did they give you any sort of a guide as to the table set-up in the palapa?  (IE to do up a seating chart?)  What are your thoughts

The tables that were used at the palapa for my reception were round and could fit 6 to 8 people, 9 if I really wanted to squish them in. 

#809 sgreen99

sgreen99
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 187 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by janette34 

The tables that were used at the palapa for my reception were round and could fit 6 to 8 people, 9 if I really wanted to squish them in. 

Did you have a plan of the space to decide who sits where & do a chart up?

#810 SweetFire

SweetFire
                    • Vendor
                    • 330 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

Hello Grand Sirenis Brides!!

Congratulations on a choosing a great resort for your wedding.  Make sure you try the snorkeling off the beach as there is some great life there! 

Lori just shot a great wedding at Grand Sirenis:

Happy Planning!

Sofia

Lori's Office Assistant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users