Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Brides??

• Please log in to reply
1691 replies to this topic

#641 Prometida

Prometida
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

Jeanette,

So amazing. Can I ask you something? At what time is the sunset ?, at what time was your ceremony? where did you get those wonderful starfish, etc?. My weeding is end of May and we are trying to figure out the late sunset at this time of the year.

You look absolutly amazing!!!!

Congratulations!

#642 janette34

janette34
    • 417 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

Sunset was approximately 7 pm, our ceremony was scheduled for 5 pm, but by the time I got there it was probably closer to 5:30.  The starfish came from Winners, clam shells from ebay as well as the chair sashes, fans from Oriental Trading and I made the pew markers with ribbon, raffia and the starfish.  I'm just waiting to get some more pictures and I'll show you the palapa set up, which was beyond my expectations!  The ladies at the spa did an amazing job, I didn't even know I could clean up that nice.

Originally Posted by Prometida 

Jeanette,

So amazing. Can I ask you something? At what time is the sunset ?, at what time was your ceremony? where did you get those wonderful starfish, etc?. My weeding is end of May and we are trying to figure out the late sunset at this time of the year.

You look absolutly amazing!!!!

Congratulations!

#643 MJKH

MJKH
      • Site Supporter
      • 654 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

A website like this is a good resource for determining sunrise and sunset times for that area:

http://www.timeandda...nomy.html?n=923

#644 Prometida

Prometida
        • 46 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

Hi Janette,

Thank you, this is super helpful!!!. I will be very happy to see the palapa, I'm getting so excited yey!!!.

MJ you are amazing, this website is just amazing ;)!!!!

Thank you both

#645 MJKH

MJKH
          • Site Supporter
          • 654 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

Yes, people kind of looked at me crazy when a year before the wedding I was saying things like..."well, sunset that night is at 5:26, so..."

But it sure helped with our planning!  You guys will have almost two more hours of sun than we did when we got married from the looks of things!!!

#646 Prometida

Prometida
            • 46 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

Hey Janette Did you use the hotel florist for center pieces ?.we are really trying to save money,and I'm thinking in putting candles or something very simple. Also in the beginning they told me that they didn't charge extra for decorating the palapa with my stuff and now they say they do...... Anyway the problem is not if they do or not. It's disappointing that they say one thing and then another one.

#647 janette34

janette34
              • 417 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:04 AM

I brought my own centerpieces, basically just vases from the dollar store that I wrapped velum around to make luminaries and had some shells on the table.  If you are going to go with candles and you're going to be in the palapa I would suggest flameless as it was extremely windy the night of my wedding.  There was a small joke made to my husband that it was Hurrican Janette and that is what he has to look forward too!  They did charge me for putting up the lanterns, I had taken 60 with me but they only charged me for 30 but they put up some of their own which looked great!  I don't have my pro pictures yet but here is some my cousin took showing the lanterns and some of our meal.  I think they charged me $5 per lantern for set up.

Hey Janette
                Did you use the hotel florist for center pieces ?.we are really trying to save money,and I'm thinking in putting candles or something very simple.
                Also in the beginning they told me that they didn't charge extra for decorating the palapa with my stuff and now they say they do...... Anyway the problem is not if they do or not. It's disappointing that they say one thing and then another one.

#648 Prometida

Prometida
                • 46 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

Amazing thank you!!! Everything looks fantastic. I will think about the candles you have a great point. You are so creative!!!

#649 sgreen99

sgreen99
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 187 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:37 AM

Janette, everything looks fantastic!!  Do tell us when you get a planning thread up, I can't wait to read about everything you did!!

#650 ashk

ashk
                    • 100 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

We're looking at Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach/Riviera Maya for Jan 2013. What is the difference between the two halves? What wedding packages have you ladies chosen? I'm reading reviews about the beach being rocky -- it's still pleasant to swim there and walk along?

We're not able to do a site visit so I have to rely on others' experiences!

23 days and counting until "We Do" in the beautiful Riviera Maya!

Grand Sirenis January 20, 2013

Yay! the world still exists - it would've really sucked to have done all this planning for nothing! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users