Photo

Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Brides??

• Please log in to reply
1691 replies to this topic

#551 linds0128

linds0128
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

@ LJMedic I think its mostly for the men, and its long pants as far as i know

#552 MJKH

MJKH
    • Site Supporter
    • 654 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:07 PM

Yes, for the women pretty much anything goes except beachwear.  We certainly saw men turned away who were wearing shorts and capris.  If you join this FB group, I posted exactly what it says on the reservation slips for the a la cartes while we were staying there.  Sandals are fine for men.  If I recall correctly, it also says no sleeveless shirts for men.

https://www.facebook...ups/5987048236/

Originally Posted by LJMedic 

Was wondering if you where told what exactly the dress code is for the A la Carte's, it states dress code but doesnt list details of what this requires. Thanks;)

#553 sgreen99

sgreen99
      • Site Supporter
      • 187 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

Hi all!  I'm officially a Grand Sirenis bride!!  Woohoo!  Booked our wedding day, January 30, 2013.

So, so excited to finally get to go hard on the planning :)  So far this has been immensly helpful to me, and I can't wait to get to really start.

#554 sgreen99

sgreen99
        • Site Supporter
        • 187 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:19 PM

Also, I thought I might share what I've gotten so far from Areceli, in case anyone needs it for quick reference!

EXTRAS
          CEREMONY
          Minister $ 4,500 pesos
          Judge $ 5,200 pesos
          Apostille $ 1,200 pesos
          Blood test $ 220 usd
          Priest $ 5,000 pesos
          FLOWERS
          Hanging corsages $ 770 pesos c/u
          Centerpieces $ from 450 pesos
          Large Bouquet $ 800 pesos
          Bouttonier $ 200 pesos
          Bride’s maid bouquet $ 500 pesos
          Corsages $ 396 pesos
          Flower petals $ 200 pesos per bag
          Palms $ 250 pesos
          DECORATION
          Fabrics for gazebo different colors $ 600 pesos each one
          Ribbon for chairs different colors From $30 pesos each one
          Sand or red runner $ 325 pesos
          Yute runner different colors $ 500 pesos
          Rose petals runner $ 2,000 pesos

THE FOLLOWING IS A SNIPPET FROM AN ACTUAL EMAIL I SENT, BUT IT'S GOT REALLY GREAT INFO IF YOU NEEDED TO KNOW ABOUT THE PALAPA FOR RECEPTION!

What is the cost of the Palapa Rental for our dinner and reception and what does this include (Open Bar? Dinner? DJ or use of sound system for IPOD? Dessert? for how many hours)?
          Palapa $ 11,050 pesos
          Menu per person $ 500 pesos
          Dj $ 650 pesos per hour or sound system $ 450 pesos per hour
          Includes: 4 hours of national open bar, white fabrics around the palapa, round tables, chairs with cover chairs and blue ribbons and waiters

If our package includes dinner for a number of people, are those free inclusions transferrable to the Palapa? No, if you want the palapa you have to pay a banquet menu for all the guest
          What is the charge per person for dinner?  From $ 500 pesos
          How long do we get an open bar in this cost, and what is charge to continue open bar for longer? 4 hours, extra hour $ 60 pesos per person per hour

#555 MissAnnette

MissAnnette
          • 30 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:39 AM

I provided you with information to access a third party review that I appreciated before I travelled to a foreign country to be married. Use at your own discretion. 

#556 MissAnnette

MissAnnette
            • 30 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by jemmabuls 

This is a wedding website, a lot of people have already booked this hotel. Your review belongs on trip advisor but not on here! 

I provided you with information to access a third party review that I appreciated before I travelled to a foreign country to be married. Use at your own discretion.

#557 linds0128

linds0128
              • 11 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

@sgreen99 just so you know if you have more than 60 people the price for the dinners for the palapa for the 3 course dinner is 350 pesos. there is also a charge for the use of the sound system per hour if you dont have a dj... 

I'm in the process of trying to pick out flowers etc does anyone know what the color options are for the ribbons? I know if you pick anything other than white or blue you have to pay but im wondering what the other colors are? 

And does anyone know what the cost is for a flower for your hair? i'm guessing it wouldnt be too expensive?

#558 MJKH

MJKH
                • Site Supporter
                • 654 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

I can tell you a bit about orchids for your hair...we purchased a stem of white orchids for my FI's daughter's hair and used all but one or two blooms on the stem in her case.  The stem was around $15.50 USD.  We did inquire about one large fuschia orchid, and the price they quoted us was almost $40 USD!  Needless to say, we went with the white orchids....here's a pic of how they looked:

IMG_3839.JPG

#559 Prometida

Prometida
                  • 46 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

Hi MJKH Did I missed your wedding review?. I was wondering how it went and if you have any tips to how to deal with things there ? Prometida

#560 Prometida

Prometida
                    • 46 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:18 PM

HoW was your wedding? Any comments or tips for us that are next in line ? ;) thank you 

Prometida

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users