Photo

Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Brides??

• Please log in to reply
1691 replies to this topic

#301 Kbodchill

Kbodchill
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:00 AM

These are all great questions about how the food choices work (steak, surf n turf, and so on).  Was this figured out at a meeting with the coordinator ahead of time or on the spot at the palapa? Also, has anyone had experience with the vegetarian option? (I think I read I while back that there was an issue with it in one case...)

I disappear for a while and wow, this forum has really taken off! Excellent! I'm really happy to see all the new GS brides and I can't wait to hear how everything goes for your weddings!

#302 Selina Newman

Selina Newman
    • 46 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:01 AM

Hello

I am looking at getting married in the GS in October 2012.

I was wondering how people contacted the wedding co-ordinator?  I have emailed the hotel off of there website but have not had a response......

Thank you

Selina

#303 janette34

janette34
      • 417 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:49 AM

Hi Selina,

How long has it been since you sent the email?  It took a few days before anyone got back to me too, but from what I understand the wedding department is really busy and there are only a few of them working.

#304 Shahlo

Shahlo
        • 253 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 11:24 AM

@ Kbodchill: I am sure we will bump into each other. We are in the process of looking at packages. We originally were plannin to go with transat but looking at prices and fine print we decided to go with the resort one. Haven't picked on yet. How about you, what package are you going with?

#305 Shahlo

Shahlo
          • 253 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 11:27 AM

Hi Selina,

I don't know if you used this email or not

Hello

I am looking at getting married in the GS in October 2012.

I was wondering how people contacted the wedding co-ordinator?  I have emailed the hotel off of there website but have not had a response......

Thank you

Selina

#306 Kbodchill

Kbodchill
            • 75 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:47 PM

@Shalo : Same thing here, we were going to do a transat package but after comparing all the options we decided to go with the Presidential Package. I believe we'll be doing a symbolic ceremony and cocktails at the Palapa beach and then the reception in the palapa itself :) We haven't gotten into much detail at all with the planning because its so far away. Aracely asked for the basics (day, location, package) and then said we'd discuss more three months before the date (but of course, if we had any questions in the meantime, we could email.)

#307 Shahlo

Shahlo
              • 253 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:28 AM

@ Kbodchill: That's so exciting! Congratulations, I am sure it's a relief to start planning, eh? We are going to contact her tonight regarding the package. We are doing a symbolic ceremony as well, YaY for us :). We are doing pretty much the same as you guys :). Exciting stuff but we have so much to do yet. I just finished my wedding guest book and I am quite excited about it as it's the first thing that I got done so far :). Good luck with planning!

#308 Selina Newman

Selina Newman
                • 46 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:15 AM

Shahlo that is excellent thank you I will email that one as its different to the one I sent my orginal email too.

Janette34 its been 1 week I am probabily being impatient as I am excited about booking.

Thank you to the both of you for the reply.

#309 mexicobird81

mexicobird81
                  • 7 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:20 PM

This is really a question for past GS brides. I have family asking if there are irons in the roo ? I stayed there 3 years ago and can't remember. I won't be doing any laundry but they want to iron. Thanks for your help. This time next week I will be enjoying my 1st day at GS can't wait

#310 Anadaeus

Anadaeus
                    • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:16 PM

We've just booked at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya! Wedding Date: April 12 2012.

We are so excited. I know I'll have tons of questions as the year goes on. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users