Photo

Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Brides??

• Please log in to reply
1691 replies to this topic

#191 Kbodchill

Kbodchill
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:33 PM

Cool pic! I just send you a message ChristieG!

#192 donnaalec11

donnaalec11
    • 28 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:01 PM

@christieg.  The palapa looks beautiful and if you really don't mind sharing your pictures my email address is donnacarroll1975@yahoo.co.uk   thank you.

I have also been in touch with the resort photographer and seen some of his work on facebook.  I have also been emailing people that have used the photographer and they all had good things to say. 

I was slightly worried when i heard the bad comments but feel a bit better about speaking to them and looking on facebook. 

I did email Claudia Rodrigues and she wasn't available to do my wedding but did have other photographers that i could have used but i'm not sure if my budget can stretch to the costs plus all the extra costs involved in bringing them on site.  I have looked at work that they have both done and to be honest i thought it all looked beautiful.

Has anyone else used the resort photographer recently???

Thanks Donna

#193 Kbodchill

Kbodchill
      • 75 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:41 PM

Yay!!! I'm officially booked for the January 19, 2012! Hope to see some of you brides there!

#194 denita

denita
        • 28 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:34 AM

@ Melaina:  Di you book the entire italian restaurant for your reception?  If so what was the extra cost?  Do you know if they put up a divider or something if you don't book the whole restaurant?  We are having around 30 people so just wondering if it would feel too large but am unsure of how I feel about random people at our reception .

#195 Melaina

Melaina
          • 139 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:43 PM

Yes, we booked private and paid just over $11,000 pesos (about $1,000 I think)? Of all the extra costs, this was one that I was totally sure on. I'm with you and I didn't want randoms at the wedding... It would've totally changed the atmosphere. Since the restaurant is so small, I wonder if they'd even bother putting any other guests in there? I honestly would only recommend NOT doing private for one of the bigger restaurants. We had 40 people and it definitely didn't feel too large. The dance floor was even a little too tight at the end of the night ;)

I walked by the Bayou restaurant which I was there and a non-private wedding was in progress. They didn't have a screen up, but the restaurant is quite large (the biggest, I think?). They had a nice little corner set up for them and it looked kinda private.

Originally Posted by denita 

@ Melaina:  Di you book the entire italian restaurant for your reception?  If so what was the extra cost?  Do you know if they put up a divider or something if you don't book the whole restaurant?  We are having around 30 people so just wondering if it would feel too large but am unsure of how I feel about random people at our reception .

#196 suemun

suemun
            • 19 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:37 PM

I would love to see your pictures of the Palapa

#197 suemun

suemun
              • 19 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:54 PM

Aracely Tovar <weddings.mx@sirenishotels.com

#198 suemun

suemun
                • 19 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:59 PM

I would love to see the pictures of your reception.  My e mail is suemundy@ymail.com.

thanks

#199 denita

denita
                  • 28 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:19 AM

Thanks for the info Melaina.  How long did was your reception for and did you go anywhere after like the disco?  I think that private is the way to go, just a bit more intimate right. I think I like the decor of the Italian restaurant the most out of the pictures I have seen, and you seem very happy with it so we will probably go with that one I assume.  The palapa is nice as well tho oh the decisions:)

#200 ChristieG

ChristieG
                    • 37 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:00 AM

@Denita - We had our reception from 5 - 11 (5-6 were cocktails) and we were still going at 11 so we all went to the disco. We had a bit of trouble getting in since the entire wedding party cut off their wrist bands but once they saw me they let the group in. The weird thing about going to the disco was that I didn't feel weird at all about being there in my dress and no one looked at me funny either. I thought I might feel uncomfortable but the entire group went and we had a blast!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users