Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Brides??

Hi ladies!! So I just got engaged and we booked our Wedding Date at Grand Sirenis on 10-22-17. We are so excited! We visited the resort back in September and met up with the wedding crew to get ideas and look at the venue (this was all before he officially asked so I wasn't able to start planning and booking but we knew eventually we would have our wedding there) now the time has come and we are starting to plan. We are booking the private beach for the ceremony and the palapa for the reception. We have about 90 people going, if not more. I know I want a lot of flowers!! Has anyone looked into using an outside florist or has anyone used one? As for photography we are going to higher one of my brothers friends and pay his trip and he will photograph the entire week of the wedding and he has a drone which I am super excited about! Also if anyone can give me any recommendations for starting this process if planning a destination wedding!

First off Congrats!

A few things to keep in mind as these are things I discovered along the way as I'm getting married in January.

I believe the palapa only holds 100 guests and you have a pretty large group.

You will get a better deal from an outside florist but the resort charges a penalty fee for an outside vendor ($200 USD I think). I think if you want lots of flowers even with the penalty fee you will be better off because what the resort charges is crazy lol.

As for the photographer be careful because someone informed me even if you bring your own photographer they charge you the penalty fee for photographers ($300-400 USD can't remember exactly). I contacted the resort because a cousin who is by no means a photographer (she just has a nice camera) is taking pictures as we cannot afford professional photography. The wedding staff were kinda sketchy in their answer saying I guess as the person is a guest here we won't charge you but I had to provide them with them with her name.

I'm in no way trying to bad mouth the resort as I'm super excited to be getting married her but just wanted you to know some potential road blocks you may encounter.

Hi ladies!! So I just got engaged and we booked our Wedding Date at Grand Sirenis on 10-22-17. We are so excited! We visited the resort back in September and met up with the wedding crew to get ideas and look at the venue (this was all before he officially asked so I wasn't able to start planning and booking but we knew eventually we would have our wedding there) now the time has come and we are starting to plan. We are booking the private beach for the ceremony and the palapa for the reception. We have about 90 people going, if not more. I know I want a lot of flowers!! Has anyone looked into using an outside florist or has anyone used one? As for photography we are going to higher one of my brothers friends and pay his trip and he will photograph the entire week of the wedding and he has a drone which I am super excited about! Also if anyone can give me any recommendations for starting this process if planning a destination wedding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Hi ladies!

So it's only 11 weeks until our big day!!

I'm just finalising all of our choices and I have a few questions, if anybody could answer I would be so greatful.

First is ceremony music- walking down the aisle. What did you have? Is it played through a speaker?! Could I have a violinist or something?

Next is reception dinner, did anybody have the BBQ option? If so how was it? Is it served like a buffet or do I need to pick exact dishes?

anybody know how long it takes in the golf buggy to get to the private beach from the hotel? (Forms are asking for lots of times and I have no idea how to time it!)

Can I have drinks reception on the beach after ceremony?

Honestly I'd appreciate any wealth of information right now. I'm freaking out but excited! 32 of us going!

Thanks in advance,

Keely.

Hello Keely, I have answered below, hope it helps :)

Hi ladies!

I'm just finalising all of our choices and I have a few questions, if anybody could answer I would be so greatful.

First is ceremony music- walking down the aisle. What did you have? Is it played through a speaker?! Could I have a violinist or something?  They have someone on the beach to play the music for you thru the speakers. I believe you can hire live music, there was options in the price list

Next is reception dinner, did anybody have the BBQ option? If so how was it? Is it served like a buffet or do I need to pick exact dishes?  BBQ menu is a buffet. There was 3-4 different proteins including fish. Different starches, veggies, fruit, buns, etc.  Was very good.

anybody know how long it takes in the golf buggy to get to the private beach from the hotel? (Forms are asking for lots of times and I have no idea how to time it!)  Our ceremony was at 3pm and they started shuttling people from the lobby at 2pm.  We get the last ride as bride with your party, dad, etc.   So we had about 40 people go on the shuttle. Took the whole hour.

Can I have drinks reception on the beach after ceremony?  Yes the cost is per person per hour for the booze package you want (cheap, medium, premium etc) 

Honestly I'd appreciate any wealth of information right now. I'm freaking out but excited! 32 of us going!

Thanks in advance,
Keely.

Hi ladies!

First is ceremony music- walking down the aisle. What did you have? Is it played through a speaker?! Could I have a violinist or something?

Next is reception dinner, did anybody have the BBQ option? If so how was it? Is it served like a buffet or do I need to pick exact dishes?

anybody know how long it takes in the golf buggy to get to the private beach from the hotel? (Forms are asking for lots of times and I have no idea how to time it!)

Thanks in advance,

Keely.

Hi Keely,

I just got married on Saturday so I think I can answer some of your questions.

1. Music

I just chose songs and they were played thru a speaker. Sounded great. I'm sure you can hire a violinist just shoot the wedding department an email

2. Distance

While the resort is large it is deceiving in size and doesn't take too long to get anywhere. Best investment I made was paying the extra cost to rent the shuttle which shuttled my 55 guests to the ceremony and then to our private dinner. I only got the gold package so there was a distance between the wedding and restaurant.

3. Cocktails/Champagne toast

Mine took place right at the ceremony location. I also hired the Mexican trio which everybody loved!

3. Times

Don't fill out the times as the wedding planner does that for you. She will go over them with you when you get to the hotel. The only time you should worry about filling in is what time you want your wedding to start.

Sorry I can't help you with the BBQ as we had the Italian restaurant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Hi ladies!

Thanks in advance,

Keely.

Hope your wedding was fabulous. Please post pics :)

I will have a catholic ceremony but I doubt they will do a rehearsal. Adriana mentioned being able to send me the script/readings that the priest will say, but I believe that's about it. Let me know if you have any more luck and also if you hear back on the 1 hour extension. 

Well we did it!!!!

And it was the most amazing day ever. It was absolutely perfect. We got married on the beach at 4pm and a private reception in the palapa. 28 people, it was perfect. We had the BBQ buffet which was amazing! And partied the night away, staff were amazing. My glass was never empty!

Here's a few of our pics, we used adventure photos who we only booked 2 days before! And so glad we did because he was amazing.

Myself and the bridesmaids had our hair and make up at the spa and they were great. They have a I got book of hairstyles to choose from. My hair in particular was amazing! I was so pleased with it. The only thing I would say that if paying it is pricey!

It was the most amazing day and holiday and wouldn't change a thing! Any questions please just ask!!

Keely x

post-287770-0-08943200-1493380934_thumb.jpg

post-287770-0-71259000-1493380947_thumb.jpg

post-287770-0-86835400-1493380962_thumb.jpg

post-287770-0-40578100-1493380977_thumb.jpg

post-287770-0-57676900-1493380992_thumb.jpg

post-287770-0-55596500-1493381004_thumb.jpg

post-287770-0-24453400-1493381026_thumb.jpg

post-287770-0-82079300-1493381036_thumb.jpg

post-287770-0-90559900-1493381049_thumb.jpg

post-287770-0-33354600-1493381083_thumb.jpg

post-287770-0-12881100-1493381094_thumb.jpg

post-287770-0-57562300-1493381104_thumb.jpg

post-287770-0-89402100-1493381114_thumb.jpg

post-287770-0-78461000-1493381125_thumb.jpg

post-287770-0-78965800-1493381133_thumb.jpg

post-287770-0-74862200-1493381197_thumb.jpg

post-287770-0-00214000-1493381234_thumb.jpg

post-287770-0-12699300-1493381260_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Well we did it!!!!

And it was the most amazing day ever. It was absolutely perfect. We got married on the beach at 4pm and a private reception in the palapa. 28 people, it was perfect. We had the BBQ buffet which was amazing! And partied the night away, staff were amazing. My glass was never empty!

Here's a few of our pics, we used adventure photos who we only booked 2 days before! And so glad we did because he was amazing.

Myself and the bridesmaids had our hair and make up at the spa and they were great. They have a I got book of hairstyles to choose from. My hair in particular was amazing! I was so pleased with it. The only thing I would say that if paying it is pricey!

It was the most amazing day and holiday and wouldn't change a thing! Any questions please just ask!!

Keely x

Absolutely stunning! I am so glad everything went off without a hitch!!  Looks gorgeous... Thank you for sharing your pictures.