Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Brides??

This was in my inbox from Calgarybride but I thought that others might like to see some of the answers too:

In the location of the wedding, the pictures are very possible with the group as well as with just the two of you. If you want the mayan ruin and some of the other 'locations around the resort like we did in TTD, you will need the golf cart for that.

The appetizer shot was my friend Juan who came from Cozumel, he didn't know why us polite Canadians weren't eating the food, so he grabbed the tray and started serving...lol!  And yes we saw a lot of bellies that night, remember we were there in August and it was sooo hot. The guys were opening up their shirts almost before supper was over. That would be one complaint about the Palapa, it does not have fans and it gets pretty hot in there.

They recommend the hair and make up to take two hours, I went at 1:30 and was back to my room by about 4... my family was starting to panic thinking they had a runaway bride on their hands... I wasn't worried... they pick you up last, you have all the time in the world!  :P

The make up is not airbrush, but it is sprayed at the end with a staying spray which made the make up last.

Emergen C is able to be purchased at health stores, and I do believe I have seen them at Walmart now. You might be able to get a deal if you go to an independently owned health store. I bought mine through Amazon, along with many of my other things... this was a mistake, there were so many extra charges 'shipping' 'duty' etc. It did not make is any cheaper.

If you want to go off and do independent shots with just you and your hubby 3:30 or 4 would be a good start time. But keep in mind, the earlier in the day, the hotter it is.

How many guests will you have?

The Presidential package for the legal ceremony was only $6000 ish Canadian for 10 people and another $500ish for the extra 25. And that included everything you want. The symbolic is cheaper than legal. Just check your numbers, you might be getting up there?

We didn't want or need all the other extras either, but they sure were nice when we did get them  :)

We paid extra for the premium bar, got a few tequila snobs in our group so wouldn't have heard the end of it if they were served Jose Cuervo...lol and don't worry we got our money's worth on that tequila! lol

Also, if you have any non drinkers or kids in your group, you can let your coordinator know that and they will charge you a smaller fee for pop or juice. This way you aren't paying bar prices for the people who won't be drinking. 

Any other questions, I don't mind!

calgarybride2015, on 21 Aug 2014 - 3:02 PM, said:

Congrats and thanks for your review.

We are also doing the palapa/private beach but I am just upgrading from the free package as I don't want the extras in the pres. package. I can't believe you didn't decide until you got there! I am scared someone else will snag it.

Thanks for the info on what you needed to do - we are doing a symbolic ceremony so lots won't apply!

Did you just move from the ceremony to pictures to palapa or did you and your husband go off alone? I plan to do group shots, then my guests get an open bar for 1 hour when we do shots alone. We aren't doing a TTD.

You got a lot of photos! I looked thru them all. A couple made me LOL (appetizers/mother of groom shot and the open shirt on the dance floor).

Glad to hear the DJ is worth it!

Glad that it all went off great!!! I am happy for you and great pics! It's funny how different brides at the same resort have such different photos even though they used the same one.

Couple questions:

- what time do you think hair/makeup should start (how many hours before ceremony?)

- is the makeup airbrush?

- where did you find Emergen C in Calgary?

This is my idea

3-330pm ceremony

330-400 quick toast and group shots

400-500 cocktail hour for guests / photos for me and my groom

600-1100 reception/cake/dance, etc. then off to disco (I had thought they opened at 11!!!)

Upgrade to palapa approx $980

Having free wedding package

Beach BBQ menu approx $32 per person

Open bar $8.45 per person past 3 hours included

DJ $59/hour

Chair sashes $2.95/each

Extra for bouquets, bouts, rose petals

Hair/makeup $225 ish? (I have short hair so hope she goes easy on me)

Golf cart $85

I plan to upgrade my bouquet and was quoted $42

hmmm I am sure I am missing something. I know I must be!

Anything you didn't expect to pay that they reminded you of?

Thank you!

We have 45 total at this point. Possibly 47 (see my recent topic) but capping at 50. As it stands right now, if I didn't miss something major, my cost sits around $4500.

Thank for you noting the teenagers and non drinkers. Was kind of miffed I had to pay for booze especially on people who aren't legal!

Wasn't sure where the ruin was! Will see if we have time to head there for pictures. Honestly had just planned to do them around the palapa. We shall see - we can be gracefully late for our reception right? Lol

We have 5 of us getting hair done! Wonder if they can accommodate us all at once.

Did you pay DJ and sound

system or just the one?

Who did you tip? Hehe that's my new one as I was reading the tipping thread.

Thanks again And congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ruin is kind of the center of the resort along the beach front. It's very lovely and a popular spot for some great shots.

But would be quite far from reception area.

They have at least three chairs, maybe more in the salon, this would be a question for your coordinator, they can help you time that all out.

Paying for the DJ, pays for the sound system.

We tipped mostly everyone that was part of our wedding:

Wedding coordinator

Wedding assistants

golf cart driver

DJ

bar tender

waiters/waitresses

chef

Mariachi band

hair dresser

set up/tear down guys (behind the scenes, Lilian suggested that they NEVER get tips and they often do the most work to make your day special, and she told us that they work a 12 -15 hour day just for your wedding and they earn $6 a day!?)

I think everything said and done we paid about $500 in tips. 

Some of our guests tipped during the night too, which was very nice.

Also, you could likely give a item by item break down and ask your coordinator if you are missing anything and for them to give you a good idea of what the budget looks like. We did that and it was pretty accurate.

Another thing that you might want in the Palapa is the dance floor, it is a lit up white raised dance floor. We didn't think it was necessary, and it cost over $800.... although my step son did stub his toe on the wood, and ended up bleeding but he was dancing bare foot on the wooden floor. Otherwise we were fine without it.

Thank you.

My friend's friend who married their in March actually asked to see her bill before going! I will ask once I get my personal WC in a few months. I've been thru the packages time over so I hope I'm good :)

She also told me her photographer was male.

Wow you did tip a lot. My friend only tipped the WC (she had Tania). I'm going to put more thought into it that's Forsure.

No barefoot dancing I guess! Not sure I want to pay for a dance floor.

Thanks again! I'm sure I'll think of more. You've been super helpful.

Edited by calgarybride2015

Hey all -

We're strongly considering the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya for our March 2010 wedding, but I'm getting a bit worried that there seems to be no other brides going there! What gives? Is there something I don't know?

I'd love to hear from anyone who's either been to a GSRM wedding, or will be hosting one...

I heard comments about a lot of restrictions  to do a personalized wedding on thta property,and over price$ for outside vendors (fees), they want to impose brides with mandatory in house services ,they dont allow fireworks even if they have a hugeeeee beach area and empty land....its a shame is a beautiful resort...they should spoil the brides  in a good way ...not spoiling their business

I heard comments about a lot of restrictions to do a personalized wedding on thta property,and over price$ for outside vendors (fees), they want to impose brides with mandatory in house services ,they dont allow fireworks even if they have a hugeeeee beach area and empty land....its a shame is a beautiful resort...they should spoil the brides in a good way ...not spoiling their business

Most but my guess is all resorts have an outside vendor fee just an FYI!

Also from all I've read on this board our extra costs seem cheap in comparison. But I guess everyone's opinions vary but from all I've read, researched and know from

Brides of this resort they go out of their way for you

Most but my guess is all resorts have an outside vendor fee just an FYI!

Sure ,most of hotels applies a vendor fee.....but I meant a reasonable one...I assumed the hotel business is to sell hotel rooms and Food and beverage...not vendors fees charged on brides wedding budgets......if they charge you a fee what you obtain in return as a bride-client-guest?

Sure ,most of hotels applies a vendor fee.....but I meant a reasonable one...I assumed the hotel business is to sell hotel rooms and Food and beverage...not vendors fees charged on brides wedding budgets......if they charge you a fee what you obtain in return as a bride-client-guest?

It's approx $300 Canadian and from my research is fair among other resorts. But that's my research!!

I'm thankful I'm not at the resorts the girls are reporting charge $15 a chair!

It's all about what's important to you and your budget. This was a fantastic choice for us and a great price for what we wanted.

Congratulations! Thank u so much for all your information it has really put my mind at rest. Your pictures are beautiful!

Do you have an idea of the price packages for the photos? Where did you buy the feet bracelets? Bride cup? The star fish for top table?

I was hoping there would be some shops near the hotel so I can buy things for wedding (favours etc) as we flying from UK and don't really want to be bringing everything over.

We have around 50 guests and have booked presidential package and noticed that there is only 7 per golf cart, do you think it be worth paying for 2 carts?

We are selecting to get married at 4, mexican trio to start once we start having pics will the bubbly come outthink ?

Do you think I should open bar at 5 or 6 just don't know what is best to do as I don't want them to be thirsty!

I am sorry for all the questions just trying to calculate everything so we won't have a shock when we get there!

Thank you

Jo getting married may 2015

Congratulations! Thank u so much for all your information it has really put my mind at rest. Your pictures are beautiful!

Do you have an idea of the price packages for the photos? Where did you buy the feet bracelets? Bride cup? The star fish for top table?

I was hoping there would be some shops near the hotel so I can buy things for wedding (favours etc) as we flying from UK and don't really want to be bringing everything over.

We have around 50 guests and have booked presidential package and noticed that there is only 7 per golf cart, do you think it be worth paying for 2 carts?

We are selecting to get married at 4, mexican trio to start once we start having pics will the bubbly come outthink ?

Do you think I should open bar at 5 or 6 just don't know what is best to do as I don't want them to be thirsty!

I am sorry for all the questions just trying to calculate everything so we won't have a shock when we get there!

Thank you

Jo getting married may 2015

These are the photo packages they sent me when I inquired about their services (I can email you the actual document if you want). 

Complete coverage with trash the dress $2100 USD

Full day coverage $1600 USD

Three hour wedding coverage $1200 UDS

One hour wedding coverage $700 USD

All include pictures (more pics with bigger packages) some with photo albums, some with canvas prints

Photo and video packages range from $2895-$5795

TTD $499

Then there is lots of extras - more photographers, photo booths. etc. 

I know you didn't ask me, but this is what we have planned for our wedding -- I know a few ladies on here plan the same thing.

330-400 ceremony

430-500 toast/appies and group photos

500-600 open bar for guests - bride/groom private photos

600-1100 reception/dinner

We are doing the private beach/palapa.

At this point I won't be doing the mexican trio but have considered it. We will see how the budget goes.

We have close to 50 guests as well, as our 'not sures' look close to coming!

I am aiming for 1 cart, but may get them to start the pick ups earlier - like 1 hour before??

We are upgrading from the free package - my numbers sit around $4600 right now, and the pres package is like $5500 before all the food, decor, flowers, etc.  so throws us way over budget.  But looks nice!

EDIT:  I have a friend who also married at GS with the resort photographer and her pics aren't the same style as the ones from okotoksbride.  While both beautiful, it surprises me they are so different, so what I decided to do was make a list of shots I really want to have and give it to the photographer and also someone in my bridal party to make sure I get some of the ones I really want. I like 'posed' shots but I know during the ceremony that is hard.  So I plan to make that list to help!  We opted for the $1600 full day package.

@@Okotoksbride   how did 25 people only cost $500?    The beach bbq I was quoted at $32/pp. So 25 x $32 is like $800, then all the open bar after what is included. Am I missing something :) ;)