I just got clarification from Araceli about the palapa dinner. It is $11,050 pesos to rent for 4 hours then you have to pay $350 pesos extra per person for the dinner. I have the Air Transat package, so I am not sure if it would be different than one of the packages with the hotel.

@Corbeil  Thank you for your reply,  i'm really liking the sound of the palapa and i've not even seen any pictures as yet.  I know there is an charge of 11050 pesos to rent for 4 hours but because i have the gold package already do i still have to pay extra for the palapa/beach menu?

Thank you,  

Donna

@Donnaalec - I am not sure about the gold package. You would probably have to pay for the upgrade to the 'beach menu' but you might get the location because you already have the 4 hour rental. You will definatly have to check with the coordinator.

Hi girls!

@Corbeil: Thanks for the email address! And I'm glad you found out about the prices with the transat package vs. the beach menu.

Re: Gold package: You have to pay the 11050 pesos to rent the beach/palapa PLUS the cost of the menu for anyone over 10 ppl.  Platinum and Presidential packages are the only ones that include beach/palapa rental.

Hi there, just wondering if you could please send me the power point on choosing the flowers and such and anything else you think will help me out with this process. It seems to be soooo stressful. Sounds like you have already had your wedding and if you wouldn't mind maybe a picture or two.

Thanks sooooooo much!

Hi there,

Very interesting reading your posts! I would love any pictures or information that you would like to send. We are planning on getting married in November and are really close to booking and am 99% sure it will be the Grand Sirenis. My email address is    mallory1966@hotmail.com .

Thanks so much for the info!

Mallory

Thank you ladies for all the info. I feel so much better. I just booked a private reception at the Palapa for Feb 15th...I can't wait to get there. I also have the Transat package and will have to pay for each additional person since we have more than 28.

Does anyone have any ideas on group excursions to do with the wedding party?

Also, Kbodchill did you take U.S., Canadian or pesos with you? I got a note from my travel agent about taking U.S. dollars into Mexico, but I have already exchanged some money...any suggestions?

Thanks

Okay, I've sent out emails and I think everyone who asked should have pics! :)

@JennNew: We took both USD and CAD with us. Let me tell you, there was NO PROBLEM with USD!!! Afterall, you are mostly using them to tip right? The only place on the resort where you had to use pesos were the stores in the lobby (the "logo" shop and the tequila store, etc.) Even then, you can pay with a credit card. Also for most hotel charges (French restaurant for example) they will charge your room, and you can either put it on your CC or pay it in cash when you check out (that is, American or Canadian).

My parents who were staying next door (Grand Palladium) did NOT bring USD and were sooo mad cause the hotel rate ripped them off. We also paid a taxi in USD, and paid for items in Playa Del Carmen in USD. No problem.

Officially, it IS a because of a new law, and has to do with organized crime. However, we had no money issues whatsoever. My advice, bring both USD and CAD. For anything large (booking excursions) just use your CC. You never wanna bring too much money :)

It seems like there are a lot of weddings coming up in the next month or two! For those that are about to get married, can you post your ceremony location, reception location and date?