Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Brides??

So my coordinator is going on vacation for the next week. I have a lot of questions left. I've asked to see my current invoice a couple of times and it seems to be falling on deaf ears. I'm not worried, I'm just frustrated. I want to work out my details. That's fine, next week will be extremely busy for me at work. Time will fly!

Hi JoannaBanana - ah yes....one of the joys of doing business in Mexico ~ when your world collides with "manana time" :)

You may have noticed other brides on the boards with similar complaints......it's not unusual. However "at the end of the day" it usually all works out to be the Truly AMAzingly Wonderful Wedding Celebration you've dreamed of - so take heart - it will all work out :)

That being said, it's also wonderful to be flexible about little stuff, and keep your eyes on the Big priorities. It's YOUR BIG DAY!!! You're going to marry the man you LOVE and officially start sharing the rest of your life journey together - YEH!!!!

We've seen so many beautiful wedding celebrations at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya - and yours will be awesome too!!! after all, your photo backdrops will look like this (taken from our Grand Sirenis Wedding Story Album):

e89d55_ebd7be162aa048669e1c0c5574b4643d.

e89d55_ecf1a86ce9f840428f0d76339a132707.

It's going to be Gorgeous!!! Enjoy - team MTM :)

Quick question, I know most of you have gone with the palapa for your reception but has anyone chosen the a la carte? We had our hearts set on the steakhouse but we were just informed that they reserve that for bigger groups. Our back up choice is the Italian but we really don't want any other restaurant (a little bit of a fussy fiancé lol). Has anybody had trouble booking a restaurant for their reception and when do you get confirmation which restaurant you are actually getting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I chose the a la carte because we are getting married on a Wednesday and the Palapa wasn't able to be booked on a Wednesday. I also didn't want to pay a crazy amount extra for a beach dinner, and we really aren't too picky as to where the reception is. I had a Skype call with our wedding coordinator yesterday, and she said we are 99% booked for the Italian restaurant. Aranza did say she wouldnt be able to 100% confirm the restaurant until 2 weeks before though. Hope this helps! @@WPGBride17

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How much did you guys tip the staff for the wedding? DJ, Coordinator, Photographer etc.

We brought our own photographer (didn't tip her) so only tipped Aranza, the DJ, the MC and the wait staff. I'm trying to remember, but I think we gave Aranza about $150 US to split amongst the staff that worked that night. In hindsight I wish we had tipped more - they were all honestly amazing and made the wedding 1000% perfect. Our guests were tipping the bartenders too, so that made me feel a bit better, lol.

We tipped Aranza $75, the photographer $50 and about $180 for her to split amongst the waitstaff etc. so DJ and more. Hindsite, like Krystal, it wasn't enough for the service they provided. Go high on this one. I saw the main guy the next day and tipped him double for dinner as I felt bad! Lol. I have no idea if anyone at our wedding tipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You ladies mentioned the MC. Does the resort provide an MC for the wedding? If so, were you happy with the way it turned out and how much did it cost you?

I was thinking of having the best man as the MC - he's got a great sense of humor and he loves coordinating and being in the center of attention :P

Wondering what your thoughts are.

• Like 1

Just a quick post I will do a full review as soon as I can but just wanted to let you know you are in incredibly good hands. Our wedding day was 1000 times better then I could have ever dreamed. It was perfect and there isn't anything I would've changed. Everyone at the resort knows what they are doing and are so so skilled. You made the right choice with the resort!

• Like 1