Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Brides??

EDIT:  400-430 is toast appis

430-530 is pictures for bride/groom as the sun sets at 530pm!

Then the reception.

We are giving the MC a timeline to move things along.

Also confirming with the photog that this timeline is ok!

Hoping after the sun sets the palapa is bright enough for shots!

Edited by calgarybride2015

The feet bracelets were made by my niece and I! They were super easy and she makes them constantly now. And has gotten super creative with them.

A friend of mine sent us the bride and groom cups from Texas. Not sure where she bought them?

The star fish table top was done for us by Lilian and her team... I didn't even ask for it. Pretty eh?

I was hoping there would be some shops near the hotel so I can buy things for wedding (favours etc) as we flying from UK and don't really want to be bringing everything over.

We bought some stuff at Walmart but didn't find much down there... We did buy shot glasses and maracas as the wedding favours for the table.

We have around 50 guests and have booked presidential package and noticed that there is only 7 per golf cart, do you think it be worth paying for 2 carts?

We had just over 30 guest and only used one cart, they took a few trips, they started at around 4:15 with our wedding beginning at 5. my girls, my parents and I were last to be picked up and we were picked up right at 5. You might want one more cart?

We are selecting to get married at 4, mexican trio to start once we start having pics will the bubbly come outthink ?

Do you think I should open bar at 5 or 6 just don't know what is best to do as I don't want them to be thirsty!

Unless you are doing the catholic service, it won't take more than half hour, so the bubbly gets handed to you when you come down the isle and everyone gets a glass at that point... pictures can happen around then and there. Our open bar didn't officially start until 7 but the waitresses went to the Palapa and got us drinks as needed. At this point mostly everyone drank bubbly until the time arrived.

@@Okotoksbride   how did 25 people only cost $500?    The beach bbq I was quoted at $32/pp. So 25 x $32 is like $800, then all the open bar after what is included. Am I missing something :) ;)

Maybe I am missing something, I just threw out a guestimate.... I haven't seen the damage on the credit card bill yet... I will pull out my paperwork from resort and tell you exactly... :)

Edited by Okotoksbride

@@Okotoksbride   how did 25 people only cost $500?    The beach bbq I was quoted at $32/pp. So 25 x $32 is like $800, then all the open bar after what is included. Am I missing something :) ;)

Okay so I was a little off, pulled out my paperwork.

Our legal presidential wedding package was 71000 pesos

And we paid $1470 pesos for extra flowers and bouts

We paid for our non drinkers and kids @ 45 pesos each

We paid for our premium open bar @150 pesos each

We paid for our BBQ @370 pesos each

So we paid an extra 17000 pesos total for bar and flowers

Our total package was 88660. which worked out to about $7300 CDN, and we had so many many many things to enjoy for our group.

:)

• Like 1

Hi girls!I am absolutely new to this thing!Have been reading your useful hints and information!You are amazing!So,my situation is:We are getting married in GS on the 14 th of February 2015,we booked our holiday for 2 weeks(8th-22nd),so far we are 10 people,but hopefully will be about 15-20.So I contacted the wedding team weddings.mx@sirenishotels.com,they never replied so far.Tried to call them but the call is being Transfered all the time.A bit frustrating.So,I would like more information in GBP(£)if possible,as we are coming from London:)))))We are planning silver package,Italian or Mexican restaurant for the reception,civil ceremony on the northern beach(the one which is the most isolated),as we are not such a massive group Palapa and private reception is not an option for us,my hair and make up I am planning to do myself,as my friend who is a styling coming too,and I had a course on make up,so I think I will manage:)We are trying to make it not so expensive,So I guess with the silver package and resort photographer it won't be very expensive;)Related to the documents,I have been married before,so will I need to translate all the documents,my divorce certificate and birth certificate into Spanish?Wjat about 4 witnesses,will we translate their passports and birth certificates too?Also,do we have to send all the documents in advance or it will be enough time during the first week we arrive?I am considering of getting married in London before the ceremony in Mexico,I guess it might be too much hassle...Just need your advice who did everything and how it all was for girls from the UK:)Related to the legality of marriage is it proper legal one or will we have to remarry in London?I know my theme for the wedding and want my decorations to be in yellow,also my flowers to be yellow,how will I deal this with the resort?Is it better to deal everything through the resort or the travel agency?How did you book your packages?Did you pay in advance or just the deposit?Also,a very strange thing you are going on all inclusive holiday and have to pay for the meal and drinks of the reception,a bit strange for me,or maybe I just don't understand it right;)I kind of imagine it all should be about 5000£,photographer,wedding team,reception for 2-4 hours in a le carte,flowers,shampaigne at the ceremony,judge fee,blood test. what are other important things I need to know and what are not important and can be missed?We were in the GS for our engagement last year and we loved it there very much!Can you send me any useful info you can girls as the only things I have are from the Internet;)If you can send me all info you have to my email daivinosezoterika@@gmail.com!Thank you very much girls!xxx

Be patient with the wedding team. Sometimes they have more than one wedding a day and they are focusing on that bride and her wedding from like noon on...You will appreciate it when you are that bride. They will give you responses soon. I was usually responded to at most within 72 hours at the start. As wedding got closer they responded within the day.

First you need to decide if you are going to get married in London for the legal part. If you are you can skip all the paperwork stuff of divorce documents, witnesses, translations to English, blood tests. This is all only necessary if you want to be legally married in Mexico. Looking back, my hubby and I said we might have done legal stuff at home. Less hassle and less money. We did it legally in Mexico. We had to send out divorce documents by email to wedding planner about 8 weeks ahead. We did not have to have them translated. We also sent our witnesses' and our own passports by email about 4 weeks before. Again we did no translating.

We paid while we were there about $200 for our WC to send in all the wedding certificated documents at end to have them translated to English so that we can be legal in canada.

You can pick your flowers and decorations while you are down there. We went super simple because the decor was the beach. It was so beautiful. Pay you $500 deposit and then you do not pay anything else until you get down there and make all the decisions.

It is frustrating to have to pay for food and drinks when you are at an all inclusive but that is very normal in all resorts. Think of it this way, you are paying for that staff to be devoted to you and your crew. I will send you as many things as I can that I have received while I was planning. I just got back. So am happy to answer questions.

Read my review from a few weeks ago. It was an excellent experience. I will send prices etc to you. The prices are all in pesos so you will need to translate to GBP.

Also check your prices. If you are thinking 5000£ for your package. You might be more interested in the presidential package. With our photographer and many many perks we were around $10000 cdn which is close to 5000£ if I'm not mistaken?

Be patient with the wedding team. Sometimes they have more than one wedding a day and they are focusing on that bride and her wedding from like noon on...You will appreciate it when you are that bride. They will give you responses soon. I was usually responded to at most within 72 hours at the start. As wedding got closer they responded within the day.

First you need to decide if you are going to get married in London for the legal part. If you are you can skip all the paperwork stuff of divorce documents, witnesses, translations to English, blood tests. This is all only necessary if you want to be legally married in Mexico. Looking back, my hubby and I said we might have done legal stuff at home. Less hassle and less money. We did it legally in Mexico. We had to send out divorce documents by email to wedding planner about 8 weeks ahead. We did not have to have them translated. We also sent our witnesses' and our own passports by email about 4 weeks before. Again we did no translating.

We paid while we were there about $200 for our WC to send in all the wedding certificated documents at end to have them translated to English so that we can be legal in canada.

You can pick your flowers and decorations while you are down there. We went super simple because the decor was the beach. It was so beautiful. Pay you $500 deposit and then you do not pay anything else until you get down there and make all the decisions.

It is frustrating to have to pay for food and drinks when you are at an all inclusive but that is very normal in all resorts. Think of it this way, you are paying for that staff to be devoted to you and your crew. I will send you as many things as I can that I have received while I was planning. I just got back. So am happy to answer questions.

Read my review from a few weeks ago. It was an excellent experience. I will send prices etc to you. The prices are all in pesos so you will need to translate to GBP.

Also check your prices. If you are thinking 5000£ for your package. You might be more interested in the presidential package. With our photographer and many many perks we were around $10000 cdn which is close to 5000£ if I'm not mistaken?

Another thought/question for you. Other brides at other resorts mention paying a fee for them to set up your centerpieces and guest book etc. Does GS? And how much if yes? Thanks!! You've been an awesome

Help.

Ohhh and do you remember your photogs name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've really stressed myself out lately with respect to photographers!

I like Adventure Photos links they send me of their work, but I realize that is a lot of photographers work! I don't know which one actually took those pictures and who I will get.  I have recently emailed them to see if I can request a specific person.

So then I started looking outside to other vendors (and sucking up the fees for this)....   I have a hard time with photography because I look at a lot of the big names and while they are fabulous they are NOT my style.  I am a basic person by nature, not flashy, don't like attention and some are just too much for me.

I have found a few photogs in Mexico who fit my bill, but some are just a bit more than I can afford.  I know photography is an investment but I am also trying to be realistic.

I have inquired into Playa Weddings and Bohemia Photography.

Bohemia Photography is new to this BDW site and I LOVE her work.  Her prices are so reasonable and I can make the jump and extend my budget/go in the hole a smidge.    I want to make sure I am doing the right thing, so I will await Adventure's answer and also into from Playa, but the more I think about Bohemia the less stress I feel.

I have already booked Adventure but since there is no deposit necessary, I am sure I can cancel. Yes I will feel bad and like an arse, but I want to make sure I made the right choice.I hope this is ok!  I am sure it's not the first time.

Who is everyone else using?

EDIT: Adventure Photos just got back to me, and the photog who has done all the work I love from the pictures is Perla.  She didn't do my friends, but I like her work more.  Apparently we can request one. Anyone have experience with this and it coming to fruition?

Calgarybride2015,Thank you very very much!Your info is really very helpful!I will look through everything and if have more questions will ask them for sure!Now I have a question related to decorations on the beach,what is included except for those mentioned in the price list?i was planning to make them yellow,not light blue as it's shown on the pictures.Will it be possible?What did you use?Thank you!Related to photographers,I am really not sure if I will have one.

Calgarybride2015,Thank you very very much!Your info is really very helpful!I will look through everything and if have more questions will ask them for sure!Now I have a question related to decorations on the beach,what is included except for those mentioned in the price list?i was planning to make them yellow,not light blue as it's shown on the pictures.Will it be possible?What did you use?Thank you!Related to photographers,I am really not sure if I will have one.

I'm pretty sure I will stick with Perla from Adventure Photos but will let fiancé see Bohemia's work. I was going to bring his cousin who takes pictures for fun, just to give an idea about how casual I am over photos... So I think I am happy with on site!

From what I understand you can change the color sashes to whatever color you want -- assuming they have your color. It's a price per chair though - about $3 Canadian.

All that is included is the basic white chairs, the white linen on the 'arches' and white linen on the signing table. You get the two hanging flower arrangements as well as the table flower arrangement. Otherwise all else is at a cost. There was quite a list from runner to tiki torches to candle bags in their price list.

I haven't married yet but all I plan to do at the beach is the bright pink chair sashes and pay for some petals for my daughter to sprinkle down the isle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk