Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Brides??

Most people are planning to have a cocktail hour/ party between ceremony and reception- are you booking one of the private parties (health bar or beach bar)? Or what is the difference between that and just a regular cocktail hour.? Andrea sent me prices for national, international and premium cocktail hours but was noticing on extra cost sheet there is some options for private cocktail parties?

Also- has anyone picked their cake from the slideshow or are you waiting to get down there to do that? Some of them look a bit hideous I was thinking about asking for cupcakes with a starfish on them..

I am getting so excited now! I want to go back and try on my dress!

I think the cocktail parties that are listed for the snack bar or health bar are for the people having their dinner/reception in the Ala Cartes.  Since I am having my dinner/reception in the palapa, I am understanding that they will just open the palapa an hour early for us to have the cocktail hour there.  Would be too far for our patients (haha I am at work - I mean our guests) to walk back to the resort.  Since I find it silly to pay for booze at an all inclusive, I am choosing the cheapest liquor option.

I believe I will pick #6 of the cakes (don't have the slideshow open).  Its the square cakes with pink ribbon and flowers on top. I am totally happy with that.  I also believe they will use the same types of flowers from the bouquets if you want.

I may upgrade from the small to medium bouquet and that was quoted to me at $42 extra

I tried my dress on again when we bought our bridesmaids dresses haha!  My actual dress should be in though in about 2 weeks. YAY!!!!

I think the cocktail parties that are listed for the snack bar or health bar are for the people having their dinner/reception in the Ala Cartes.  Since I am having my dinner/reception in the palapa, I am understanding that they will just open the palapa an hour early for us to have the cocktail hour there.  Would be too far for our patients (haha I am at work - I mean our guests) to walk back to the resort.  Since I find it silly to pay for booze at an all inclusive, I am choosing the cheapest liquor option.

I believe I will pick #6 of the cakes (don't have the slideshow open).  Its the square cakes with pink ribbon and flowers on top. I am totally happy with that.  I also believe they will use the same types of flowers from the bouquets if you want.

I may upgrade from the small to medium bouquet and that was quoted to me at $42 extra

I tried my dress on again when we bought our bridesmaids dresses haha!  My actual dress should be in though in about 2 weeks. YAY!!!!

Oh that makes sense! Then the cost should be a lot cheaper then if had to ent the health bar or beach bar- that was almost as much as palapa! I agree about the price should be minimal since we are technically already paying for it once! I did check with Andrea that the bar would have a blender to make blender drinks- My daughter can barely wait to go back to Mexico to drink all her 'virgin' drinks!!

Are your bridesmaid dresses an easy color to match or are you bringing ribbon from home? I went with a funny color and now I see my second choice (more aqua blue) posted everywhere on Sirenis pictures! I went with more of a sea green.. I get so flustered when I go dress shopping I really had no idea what I wanted for color when I went in and then thought maybe coral or aqua blue! Somehow I ended up with a green.. lol. My fiance wanted Roughrider green (since we met at a Rider game and are very passionate football fans- but I wasn't willing to go there so maybe the lighter green is a compromise!

Hi

Was wondering if anyone could help, am really interested in Gand Sirenis Resort and spa for my wedding in mat 2015 but the wedding package is £1695 from Thomson it's one of the highest packages, the reason why I wanted to go away to get married is for no fuss and cost. There's only a party of 10-15 people coming, just wanted to know anyone's views and can you get wedding package cheaper ??

Many thanks

Saskbride.... What Did Andrea say about blended drinks? I was curious if they would have beer.

So for us at the palapa I understand we only pay the price per person for booze ( per hour )but not the extra rental of the bars as we rented the palapa already.

I always knew I wanted fuschia/bright pink. Didn't realize how hard it would be to find a dress in this color outside a bridal shop. Didn't want anything over the top and wanted them to be able to wear them often. But after searching high and low I had to go to a bridal shop. They are a great color and strapless knee length dresses. But $160 each was steep!!!

Hind site I may have done a mix of colors because the aqua blue is pretty too. Lots of nice beachy colors. Your color sounds great. I found wedding dresses a lot more overwhelming. What type of dress did you get?

My dress is in early!!!! Got a call today.

Hi

Was wondering if anyone could help, am really interested in Gand Sirenis Resort and spa for my wedding in mat 2015 but the wedding package is £1695 from Thomson it's one of the highest packages, the reason why I wanted to go away to get married is for no fuss and cost. There's only a party of 10-15 people coming, just wanted to know anyone's views and can you get wedding package cheaper ??

Many thanks

Not sure when you book thru a travel agency -- I booked my wedding package on my own -- but 10 double rooms for 7 nights gets you the silver package for free

Saskbride.... What Did Andrea say about blended drinks? I was curious if they would have beer.

So for us at the palapa I understand we only pay the price per person for booze ( per hour )but not the extra rental of the bars as we rented the palapa already.

I always knew I wanted fuschia/bright pink. Didn't realize how hard it would be to find a dress in this color outside a bridal shop. Didn't want anything over the top and wanted them to be able to wear them often. But after searching high and low I had to go to a bridal shop. They are a great color and strapless knee length dresses. But $160 each was steep!!!

Hind site I may have done a mix of colors because the aqua blue is pretty too. Lots of nice beachy colors. Your color sounds great. I found wedding dresses a lot more overwhelming. What type of dress did you get?

My dress is in early!!!! Got a call today.

Yay! That is great! I bought my dress at a local dress shop. I had tried some bigger dress shops in Edmonton and at West Edmonton Mall but when I looked at pictures after the less I liked them! I tried on way to many dresses though.

I will post a picture of my dress on when I go get it fitted but this is a link to the dress.

http://www.jaibridals.com/style.php?sty=9154

I really liked the bottom of this one- I found I liked top of most dresses and hated the bottoms! lol

Yes- I heard back from Andrea and she said beer and blended drinks are included in all the packages. The higher packages have higher grade alcohol to put in blended drinks and premium beers- not a big deal to me!!

Gibbs- the travel agent initiated contact with the wedding coordinator and got all the package information and then I picked what I wanted and paid the 500$ deposit and have done the rest directly with Andrea at Grand Sirenis.

calgarybride2015- thank you for your reply, well as you can guess am from England and Thomas agent have said the wedding package is £1650 extra if more wanted.... Can I contact Andrea from grand sirenis direct if so have you got her email. Don't mind paying that as long as it's worth it. Don't see why we have to pay for a meal when it's a all inclusive resort !!! How much was the blood test also!

Many thanks

I had felt the same- but I guess in the end you are actually paying for the service of having a private meal so staff waiting only on you- and having a private location for your reception instead of a semi-private location. We debated on which to do and origianlly when it was just going to be immediate family we had thought would do a semi-private meal in one of the restaurants for about 15 of us.. now that we have closer to 40 we have opted for spending the extra for the palapa.

I am not sure what the blood tests cost- but do remember someone- I think FortMacbride mentioning it in her posts..

Andrea email is

weddings.mx@sirenishotels.com

Her email is under Maria Rodriguez name as she is filling in for her maternity leave. she is awesome and answers any questions you have promptly. She will also send you additional pictures if you are unsure of something. There is a slide show of flowers, meal options and cake options.

There is also a sheet to do upgrades so many on here have decided to go with a cheaper option and just add the extras that they personally want. Some of the packages include things that aren't that crucial such as a special breakfast or a bottle of champagne. I would think that booking through Grand Sirenis directly you will have better rates.

I