Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Brides??

Calgarybride2015. I emailed Adventure Photos after receiving the details from Maria/Andrea to ask for pricing, but haven't heard anything back yet. It does appear that they are new to the hotel.

I'm glad to hear you have positive reviews of them. I will chase them again and she if they come back to me. Only 5 months to go :)

I wonder if over the years the resort photographers have changed?

Lots of people mentioning in the earlier posts (ie 2011) pictures were included and they don't seem to be now.

Photo Adventures is the place now and I was scared, but a girlfriend just got married there and she used them and LOVED them. She ended up buying way more photos then the ones that were included and I saw them and think they are fantastic.

Have you checked out their website? I found a website called Adventure Photos which is probably the same thing? I can't find Grand Sirenis on their site but you could check out pictures from other resorts to give you an idea. What I like about Grand Sirenis is that there seems to be beautiful locations for photos!

I also googled Grand Sirenis wedding pictures to get an idea of what there was for locations and some ideas. We are paying for a niece to come and take pictures. She is just getting into photography and had gone to Now Saphire a few months ago to do a wedding and I loved those pictures!

Sorry I answered and you didn't ask me hehe... Sounds like most of us are doing the same thing. Can't wait for your reviews.

Having a hard time picking songs??

Are you getting flowers for your bridesmaids? They seem pricey.

Andrea also told me that when you upgrade your location for the reception the 10 people are no longer included, so you pay the BBQ menu price for everyone.  Did she tell you that too?

We should all throw our questions out on the board to see if 1. we have different answers lol and 2. to see if anyone forgot to ask anything!!!

It sounds like we are having pretty much an identical wedding! I am a teacher and on summer holidays now so really starting to get excited and plan things! 

Yes she did say that you pay for all guests.. I also inquired about upgrading to gold package if then got a disccount on the meal because gold already includes a private meal- the answer is no- so I think we are doing the right thing by taking the free package (silver) and just upgrading what we want!

I believe she said free was 10 double rooms for a week. We have some guests flying WestJet from Saskatoon and some Transat from Edmonton. This affects the discount that we get from airline but not for the guests for the wedding.

Hiya heather23faye,

Thank you for the information, sorry ain't been on here for a while. Yeah we have managed to upgrade via Thomson, so happy that it's finally sorted! Wedding coordinator has been brill! My only concern is the photography as I don't want to pay more money out on bringing outsider in! So hopefully we get info bout photography x

What is everyone doing about favors? Also has anyone inquired about bringing extra decorations? Will they incorporate them into their own decorating scheme or will we be responsible for doing that? I don't think that I am going to bring very much extra but was thinking about some lanterns and possibly jars for a candy buffet-if I figure out how to get my candy there! lol

Calgarybride2015. I emailed Adventure Photos after receiving the details from Maria/Andrea to ask for pricing, but haven't heard anything back yet. It does appear that they are new to the hotel.

I'm glad to hear you have positive reviews of them. I will chase them again and she if they come back to me. Only 5 months to go :)

Hey if you send me your email I can email it to you.   An idea - just ceremony and 1 hour photo session $700 USD,    getting ready/ceremony/photo session $1200.    full day $1600 (this is what I booked)  They didn't even ask for a deposit!

Have you checked out their website? I found a website called Adventure Photos which is probably the same thing? I can't find Grand Sirenis on their site but you could check out pictures from other resorts to give you an idea. What I like about Grand Sirenis is that there seems to be beautiful locations for photos!

I also googled Grand Sirenis wedding pictures to get an idea of what there was for locations and some ideas. We are paying for a niece to come and take pictures. She is just getting into photography and had gone to Now Saphire a few months ago to do a wedding and I loved those pictures!

It sounds like we are having pretty much an identical wedding! I am a teacher and on summer holidays now so really starting to get excited and plan things! 

Yes she did say that you pay for all guests.. I also inquired about upgrading to gold package if then got a disccount on the meal because gold already includes a private meal- the answer is no- so I think we are doing the right thing by taking the free package (silver) and just upgrading what we want!

I believe she said free was 10 double rooms for a week. We have some guests flying WestJet from Saskatoon and some Transat from Edmonton. This affects the discount that we get from airline but not for the guests for the wedding.

I was told 10 double rooms for a week gave us the free wedding too!!!   

So far everyone has booked with us in a group, so that is nice (there are perks for us!)  We have 7 out of Toronto and the rest out of Calgary.

BUT!!!   I found out today Air Canada may be revising their schedules and we may have to change our dates. I flipped my lid but the travel agent said not to panic, worst case we can go the same day but connect thru Toronto (won't be direct).  Apparently when you book this far in advance it happens alot ?!?!   but I am freaking out.  I already booked the wedding!!!!  I will hope at most it will just change a day or two.   

anyone else have this happen?

What is everyone doing about favors? Also has anyone inquired about bringing extra decorations? Will they incorporate them into their own decorating scheme or will we be responsible for doing that? I don't think that I am going to bring very much extra but was thinking about some lanterns and possibly jars for a candy buffet-if I figure out how to get my candy there! lol

I asked if they had any candles, etc. I could rent and was told that most brides bring their own so they get what they want.  From what I know you don't get any decor - you will get the flowers from the ceremony (2 hanging, 1 sitting) and they put those on your head table, otherwise it is up to you.

For favors we are getting everyone a maracas. We plan to have them at the ceremony and have a note on them that says 'shake at the kiss'  I found them cheap on Amol's and have a friend in the USA getting them to me.    Then I am also making luggage tags and using them as place cards.  Haven't decided what I want to do with them yet (just their name, or our wedding info, or a funny saying 'not my bag' or something)      I will make a sign with table numbers and get a few tealights and maybe sprinkle the tables with sea shells.     

I also bought mexican postcards to use for the guestbook and an antique like box/suitcase for them.    Then will make a sign on what I want them to do with it.

The biggest thing I have to bring is all the maracas.  But I know I will need an extra suitcase.  Am I the only bride scared to put stuff under the plane??  I know I can't bring it all on carryon LOL but scares me.

We made that error thinking that would just be able to add another city but Transat only flies from Saskatoon from Christmas on! Oh well its not a big deal just glad that they are coming!

I would like to get chocolates made of even M and Ms in our colors. I am a huge chocolate fan! ;)

We made that error thinking that would just be able to add another city but Transat only flies from Saskatoon from Christmas on! Oh well its not a big deal just glad that they are coming!

I would like to get chocolates made of even M and Ms in our colors. I am a huge chocolate fan! ;)

We got a brochure early on that showed all the airlines and who flew from where and when, so I kind of knew that the more chartered airlines (sunwing, etc.) had reduced flights.  

Still really worked up about my flights changing.  I called Air Canada myself and they have confirmed my flight in cancelled. He obvisously can't change anything for me, but he did tell me what the options are - so I contacted my travel agent and asked her to advocate for us to get a direct flight just the day earlier.  We will see what she says. She has no idea I called the Airline so probably is wondering why I can't just wait and see if my flight does get adjusted.  I am not the sit around type lol

We got a brochure early on that showed all the airlines and who flew from where and when, so I kind of knew that the more chartered airlines (sunwing, etc.) had reduced flights.  

Still really worked up about my flights changing.  I called Air Canada myself and they have confirmed my flight in cancelled. He obvisously can't change anything for me, but he did tell me what the options are - so I contacted my travel agent and asked her to advocate for us to get a direct flight just the day earlier.  We will see what she says. She has no idea I called the Airline so probably is wondering why I can't just wait and see if my flight does get adjusted.  I am not the sit around type lol

That would be super annoying!! I wish our flight would change for an earlier time but would be irate if I suddenly had a non-direct flight! 

Good luck with your travel agent! You would think she should be able to do that since that is what you paid for and so far in advance there is likely still room!

That brochure would have been handy in planning!! I don't think we were given any rates from Air Canada- just Transat, WestJet and sunwing. Our travel agent advised us against Sunwing- and WestJet had the best price but would only hold seats for 30 days. SInce we had booked so far in advance I wasn't ready to do that- and our TA was able to get Transat to come within 100- with the exception of the child rate being a few hundred more.. Transat 'supposedly' has a better room selection and is called the 'Sirenis Le mirage' but haven't found any evidence to back that up! If we had a big number going from Saskatoon I would have asked to find us a better deal but since it is just a few couples it wont make a difference for our bonus credit.

That would be super annoying!! I wish our flight would change for an earlier time but would be irate if I suddenly had a non-direct flight! 

Good luck with your travel agent! You would think she should be able to do that since that is what you paid for and so far in advance there is likely still room!

That brochure would have been handy in planning!! I don't think we were given any rates from Air Canada- just Transat, WestJet and sunwing. Our travel agent advised us against Sunwing- and WestJet had the best price but would only hold seats for 30 days. SInce we had booked so far in advance I wasn't ready to do that- and our TA was able to get Transat to come within 100- with the exception of the child rate being a few hundred more.. Transat 'supposedly' has a better room selection and is called the 'Sirenis Le mirage' but haven't found any evidence to back that up! If we had a big number going from Saskatoon I would have asked to find us a better deal but since it is just a few couples it wont make a difference for our bonus credit.

Well her rep at AC told her that the dates weren't finalized yet.  but when I called them myself, he said they were, but AC Vacations was still deciding what to do with our file (he went and talked to them haha), so he told me to tell her to advocate for what we wanted.  So she may be a bit confused in that regard. She said to just sit tight until they got back to her.

I got all the brochures from a Flight Centre, had alot of different hotels and their wedding packages, etc.  Was a decent start.

It's funny how much of a bad rap Sunwing gets on here, but I LOVED them when I went to Cuba this year.  All the great service, all the free food and drinks (even champagne), it was unreal. I would loved to have used them but I went with AC as they had the only prices in our price point (and we went over it!!!  I wanted under $1500 and I think our Calgary guests are paying $1565). 

I think 30 days no matter what seems quick! People need to think it thru, ask for time off, etc.  I totally understand.  Child prices were all over the map for us, but with this package they are $971 I think for the first child.   Let me know what happens with the Le Mirage package. I think I have read that somewhere before.

Most people are planning to have a cocktail hour/ party between ceremony and reception- are you booking one of the private parties (health bar or beach bar)? Or what is the difference between that and just a regular cocktail hour.? Andrea sent me prices for national, international and premium cocktail hours but was noticing on extra cost sheet there is some options for private cocktail parties?

Also- has anyone picked their cake from the slideshow or are you waiting to get down there to do that? Some of them look a bit hideous I was thinking about asking for cupcakes with a starfish on them..

I am getting so excited now! I want to go back and try on my dress!