Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Brides??

Hey ladies,

I just wanted to pass this on as a heads up kind of thing.  I know it can happen at any resort but the fact that it is at our chosen one has me a little shaken.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1073180/mexico-resort-claims-argument-led-to-womans-balcony-fall/

Yes I think it is prudent to be aware of your safety at any resort. Unfortunately the media can put a spin on anything.  That being said the flooring in the lobby bars and at the theater are extremely slippery the moment they get wet and are a fall hazard.

Hi ladies,

Happy new year! Haven't been on since 2013, I even had to reset my password - oops! Just wanted to say, I sent all booking paperwork off to GS this week so feeling very excited (haven't had confirmation yet though.) Is anyone else getting married in Dec this year??? Or just this year for that matter! It would be nice if someone else was :)

Everyone, feel free to share your big day plans - I love reading them all and picking up lots of ideas. Colour schemes, dresses, food and cake ideas (yum).

Happy planning, Hayley xxx

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulation! we are also getting married at GS. We are booked for October from out 11th. Think I had confirmation through within 2 weeks and we booked the Thomson travel agents. Will post some stuff on closer to the time. x

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

I have just discovered this forum and I am looking to get married at the Grand Sirenis in December 2014. I have been here a few years ago and loved it.

I am looking at booking the platinum package through Thomsons at the moment but understand from the posts that you may be able to book direct for a better deal. Could somebody please message me any details of packages they have. I can provide my email address if that is easier (I am not familiar with the site so not sure how this all works).

Any information or tips are very welcomed.

If anyone knows anything about the chapel too I would appreciate it. I read that this is for Catholic weddings only - Me and my partner are Catholic and attend church regularly. Although we aren't set on having to have a Catholic ceremony, it would be nice to know the options.

Thanks

Heather x

Joanne and Heather,

Congrats on your big days! I have had my confirmation now and our date is 10th Dec. Heather we might cross paths in December so that's very exciting! We arrive on the 1st and we are staying for 2 weeks, booked through Thomson also. We have also been to GS a few years ago with Thomas Cook and absolutely loved this hotel. I can see why people return time and time again.

Although we have booked our trip through Thomson, we have actually booked our wedding direct with GS. Party because it was cheaper this way and partly to cut out the middle man so to speak in terms of the actual organising of the day. Maria at the hotel has been great and we have confirmed all of our details about the day already to the last flower and song (got a bit carried away with the organising!!). If you need me to send you any of the paperwork or Maria's email, just message me your email addresses and I will forward everything I have.

We have opted for the symbolic ceremony because we a doing the legal bit in the UK before we travel. But if you do opt for the chapel, it looks gorgeous!

Otherwise, dress has arrived, headpiece has arrived and ring picked out so I'm super excited :) Just need to drop a few pounds for the bikini now! (Bloody hard this time of year!)

Let me know if you need anything xx

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ladies,

Can't believe I am getting married in 37 days.......ahhhhhhhh!!!! Just in the final stages of planning everything now.  I am wondering if any of the Canadian brides mailed things down before hand or if you just brought everything on the plane with you??? I have a box that I want to send down earlier but Canada Post is outrageous.  Wondering if anyone has any suggestion or if I should just bring it on the plane with me.

June

Hi ladies,

Can't believe I am getting married in 37 days.......ahhhhhhhh!!!! Just in the final stages of planning everything now.  I am wondering if any of the Canadian brides mailed things down before hand or if you just brought everything on the plane with you??? I have a box that I want to send down earlier but Canada Post is outrageous.  Wondering if anyone has any suggestion or if I should just bring it on the plane with me.

June

We are getting married there in 23 days.  I was advised by a couple people at the resort not to mail things as they will take months (up to 6) to get there.  I'm just going to strategically pack and pay for extra baggage if necessary,

• 1 month later...

Hi ladies,

June

Hello! 

My husband and I took our extra stuff down to the Grand Sirenis in large storage containers. WestJet only charged us $20 per container which I thought was reasonable. 

Happy wedding planning! 

Chantel