Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Brides??

Originally Posted by NSinyerd View Post

Kristen,

We are getting married legally in Canada before we go as there is a lot of different items that you need for this. We just figured it would be easier than having to worry about it while we are there. At first we didn't really want to do this because we'll have a legal marriage date and then the date of our ceremont but we are just gonig to use the date of the ceremony as our anniversary date!

I know I had read on here that others have done the legal ceremony down there but I don't have a lot of info on it.

Good luck!

I am also getting legally married in canada before we go mainly because you need to be in mexico for a few days before and i believe they do a blood test then you would have to get the papers translated to english when you get home etc. i don't know what the cost difference would be.

We did a legal ceremony in Mexico Feb/12...neither of us had been married before. The day after we arrived we had to meet our 4 witnesses at the wedding office...all of us with our passports (no birth certificates needed, nothing needed to be translated)...they took down the information and sent it for processing at the civic level (which is why they require the three business day waiting period). The wedding office took care of everything else after that, including setting up our blood tests at the medical building on site the next day. 

The best thing to do is check in with the wedding office to find out the current requirements. Be sure to tell them if one or both of you have been married before.  

Originally Posted by kristen1067 View Post

Hi I am getting married at the Grande Serenis on the 7th May 2013. I am from the UK and I am a bit confused on what documents I need for the wedding ceremony. Do I need to get birth certificates translated into spanish? Is it easier to have a legal ceremony in the UK and to just have a blessing abroad?

Hi Kristen,

I'm also from UK and I had the same concerns but I had the following emails from Yeni -

Who are you travelling with and are you doing a package deal? We are going with Thomas Cook and booked the wedding through them as then they can make sure everything goes smoothly and keep on top of all the paperwork!!

1st email……In order to do a Legal ceremony please check the legal paper work, if this is your firs marriage is easier beacuase you only need passport and tourist car if is the 2nd you need to translate the documents so check the information and let me know.

· Valid Passport

· Tourist card must be filled according to the official document you will present.

· Blood test should be in done in medical center of the Grand Sirenis. ( $220 us dls per couple)

· 4 witnesses with valid passport and tourist card. They have to arrive three business day before the wedding.

· If you do not have witnesses we can provide them ( $20 us dls each one).

· If the Bride is divorced in Canada and her passport has her ex-husband last name, she needs to bring a separate and Original Birth Certificate certified by the Mexican Consulate and translated into Spanish as well as the certification and her Tourist Visa Card MUST be filled according to the Birth Certificate

· If the Bride is divorced in United States or United Kingdom and her passport has her ex-husband last name, she needs to bring a separate and Original Birth Certificate certified through an APOSTILLE SEAL by the Secretary of State and translated into Spanish as well as the Apostille and her Tourist Visa Card MUST be filled according to the Birth Certificate.

· Legal ceremonies on Sundays have an extra charge of $ 1,500 pesos

· Apostille seal has an extra charge of 110 usd

· The wedding coordinator will send you a form that you have to fill out with all your and witnesses information, this form you have to send it at least 2 weeks before your arrival.

· I will like to inform you, that by the Mexican law, we have a new procedure that must be done in order to performance a legal ceremony, it is called “ No marriage record†this is a quick procedure to verify that no one was legally married before or if so, the divorce process is completed. To start this procedure please I need you to send me a scan copy of both passports by email, the process has an extra fee of $500 pesos that you must pay upon arrival.

2nd email……You have to send all the scan copies of this documentation like 2 months in advance because we need to start with the paper work. Could be when you start working with your personal wedding coordinator.

So basically no translation needed if you haven't been married before, and you only need passport and tourist card (which I assumed you got out there!!) but looks like they might ask you to send scanned copies before you go out there!

Hope that helps you make the decision :-)

Originally Posted by NSinyerd View Post

Sarah,

I absolutely love your photos and can't wait to read your review.

I know you'll probably answer these questions in your review but just wondering a few things:

Did you get your bouquets made at the resort? What size are they? What were the costs for them?

I assume that you brought some of your own decorations for the ceremony and the reception. What did they charge to set this up for you?

Did you use their paper lanterns? If so were they all one size and how many did you use?

Which meal did you choose for your guests?

Thanks for sharing your day with us!!

Nicole

Thank-yoU!!

We had the Pres. package, so my included bouquet was already the best they made (it was stunning, we were blown away by the florals!).  Elizabeth did have a lower package bouquet with her when she gave me mine, and I'll be honest, it was pretty small, so if you don't have the pres. package I would ask to see the size of your standard!

I ordered bouquets for each of my girls, I believe they were about $25 each, and then they made me a 'mini' bouquet for my tosser at around $20.

They didn't charge us anything to set up that I know of,so that was nice. We had quite a bit of stuff too, when we showed up at her office Elizabeth's eyes were about as wide as they could be lol. They did a beautiful job setting us up!!

We rented the paper lanters, I think there was just the one size and I believe it was $10 per lantern (think we did 12). Money well spent, they really added to the look!!

We just went with the standard BBQ (code for buffet).  Least favorite thing of the entire wedding...The food blew :(  It was cold, and not served when we asked it to be.  But whatevs, the rest was incredible

Originally Posted by sgreen99 View Post

Thank-yoU!!

We had the Pres. package, so my included bouquet was already the best they made (it was stunning, we were blown away by the florals!).  Elizabeth did have a lower package bouquet with her when she gave me mine, and I'll be honest, it was pretty small, so if you don't have the pres. package I would ask to see the size of your standard!

I ordered bouquets for each of my girls, I believe they were about $25 each, and then they made me a 'mini' bouquet for my tosser at around $20.

They didn't charge us anything to set up that I know of,so that was nice. We had quite a bit of stuff too, when we showed up at her office Elizabeth's eyes were about as wide as they could be lol. They did a beautiful job setting us up!!

We rented the paper lanters, I think there was just the one size and I believe it was $10 per lantern (think we did 12). Money well spent, they really added to the look!!

We just went with the standard BBQ (code for buffet).  Least favorite thing of the entire wedding...The food blew :(  It was cold, and not served when we asked it to be.  But whatevs, the rest was incredible

Thanks so much for the info!

Hmm that is too bad about the food :( Are you able to give me a brief outline on the timeline for your day? ie. ceremony, photos, start of reception? The photographer nad the resort are both giving us REALLY different timeline recommendations.

Ben & Sarah Tentative Wedding Day Schedule

Ceremony at 3:30 pm

10:00 am (need times from spa)? Bride & Girls to spa for hair.

11:45am  Return to bridal suite after for make-up (Claire) & prep (Radelle meet up at this time) *have details ready for Radelle*.  Lunch delivered to girls in Bridal Suite.  (Suite #             ).

12:45 pm Radelle moves to shoot with groom & boys in Best Manâ€s Suite

(Suite #              ). *deliver groomâ€s gift.  If possible do a few group photos of boys at this time? 

1:45 pm Radelle Returns to Brideâ€s suite (BMâ€s into dresses at 1:45).  Bride into gown at 2:00.  Few group photos & bridal portraits in & around suite?  *Girls need to depart for lobby bar at 3:10 to be shuttled.

3:00 pm Guests meet at lobby bar in front of wedding office. Shuttles begin to wedding site.

3:10  pm  Groom and groomâ€s party /all remaining guests to wedding site.

3:25 pm  Bride, BMâ€s and Bruce to wedding site.

3:30 pm  Ceremony begins (Owen in charge of music).

4:00 pm   Champagne Toast (Michale Jespersen), followed by full group shot and family photos.  *request car and drivers for bridal party photos??

4:20pm – Mexican Trio to start playing and light appetizers served while guests mingle.  *Mom and Aunt Alice to oversee setup of décor in Palapa while party off doing photos*

5:38 pm  (approx) Sunset.  Radelle to return for photos inside the Palapa??

6:00 pm  MJ to invite guests to get last cocktails and take seats in the Palapa.

6:10pm  Grand entrance of Bridal Party.  Mike to share any announcements from WP/wait staff, and call Albert up for Grace

6:30 pm Dinner Served

7:30pm Speeches & Toasts

8:30pm  Cake Cutting

8:40pm  Dances (Photography coverage ends after 3rd dance).

9:00pm  Garter Toss/ Bouquet Toss

*Palapa rental and bar service ends at 11:00.  Invite guests to rejoin party at the Disco for the remainder of the evening.

Originally Posted by sgreen99 View Post

OK.... Here it is!!! I'll put all the photos in another post.  Here's a link to the actual review page if you'd rather read it in the order I posted:  http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/products/grand-sirenis-riviera-maya-all-inclusive/reviews/7024

Amazing review! I think it touched on a lot of my questions I had! Everything looked amazing!