Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Brides??

Originally Posted by JHo2013 View Post

Hello Grand Sirenis Brides!! I am getting married in early August 2013. Yeniza has been mostly great with answering a lot of my questions. But I just want to be able to check my info against other brides who are getting married there or have already been married there. We decided on this resort because it's a beautiful resort, and because my fiance proposed to me on the beach there. I would love to get married by the patch of beach that's by the spa and is a bit more remote from the resort, but Yeniza has told me that this costs $5000 more for location change. Did anybody also experience this super high cost to choose the beach that's by the spa??

Holy! I have not even inquired about beach location as of yet... but I am definitely not willing to pay that much! Hopefully that can be clarified... maybe it depends on the type of package you choose? I know that the Palapa for reception is only available for no extra cost in the presidential package... but it is over 800 cdn to add it on to any other package so I guess it is possible that they would charge that (I am guessing $5000 is in mxn pesos not cdn or us dollars)

I wouldn't stress too much about it.  You will meet with your wedding coordinator for about 3 hours once you arrive and go over all the details.  You should take all your decorations, favors, music, etc with you to the meeting.  Make sure you have a seating plan done with menu choices if necessary and the rest will fall into place.

Originally Posted by ashk View Post

Hi sgreen99,

Wow looks like you and I are going to just miss each other!

I have a travel agent/wedding coordinator, and she finds that it usually takes at least a week to get an answer back. We're at 39 days and counting, so this seems to be fairly par for the course right now. It is my understanding that the resort wedding coordinator will schedule a meeting with you once you're down there to finalize all the decisions. Unless you're waiting on information to make decisions that can't wait til you get there, I would say don't stress about it :)

Originally Posted by Oilersbride View Post

Holy! I have not even inquired about beach location as of yet... but I am definitely not willing to pay that much! Hopefully that can be clarified... maybe it depends on the type of package you choose? I know that the Palapa for reception is only available for no extra cost in the presidential package... but it is over 800 cdn to add it on to any other package so I guess it is possible that they would charge that (I am guessing $5000 is in mxn pesos not cdn or us dollars)

You realize she's telling you Pesos, not dollars, right? So, really it's like 400 dollars.  You'll get used to reading everything in pesos :)

You realize she's telling you Pesos, not dollars, right? So, really it's like 400 dollars.  You'll get used to reading everything in pesos :)
Lol yah but I don't think I want to spend another 400 just for a patch of beach... At this point we are leaning towards the presidential package... Hopefully that will just include the secluded area

The presidential package includes the private beach location out by the disco.  It's worth going with the presidential package just to have the palapa and all the other perks that go along with it - upgraded suite, spa treatments, etc.

Originally Posted by Oilersbride View Post

Lol yah but I don't think I want to spend another 400 just for a patch of beach... At this point we are leaning towards the presidential package... Hopefully that will just include the secluded area

Originally Posted by janette34 View Post

The presidential package includes the private beach location out by the disco.  It's worth going with the presidential package just to have the palapa and all the other perks that go along with it - upgraded suite, spa treatments, etc.

Thanks! We have been debating which package to take .... that solidifies it... by my calculations we pay around $800 on top of the gold package to get $1400 worth of stuff with the presidential.... I am emailing them today!

Hi JHo2013!

I've been having the same conversations with Yeni although I must admit I thought you could have any wedding location with any of the package, but you only got certain reception locations included in the Platinum and Presidential packages, we are going for the Presidential package, I know its expensive but I really wanted the Palapa and other perks!

When in August are you going? We get married there on the 7th August! :-)

I chose the Presidential Package - and that includes the Palapa for 4 hours, and the ceremony will take place on the beach that's by the palapa. I think the beach by the spa is much more beautiful and less rocky - but had no idea that it would be $5000 mexican pesos. That's still pretty steep for just half an hour. Everything adds up!!! I'm gonna have to eat crackers for the holidays! lol

Hi Yasmin!

I will be getting married on Sat Aug 3!!! And we are staying an extra week after our guests leaves. :) When do you arrive to the resort?

Originally Posted by yasminlkerr View Post

Hi JHo2013!

I've been having the same conversations with Yeni although I must admit I thought you could have any wedding location with any of the package, but you only got certain reception locations included in the Platinum and Presidential packages, we are going for the Presidential package, I know its expensive but I really wanted the Palapa and other perks!

When in August are you going? We get married there on the 7th August! :-)