Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Brides??

Oooh, catalogues?? The wedding coordinator at the resort is taking forever to get back to my travel agent/wedding planner about cake and flower and decoration options and approximate pricing... we've been asking for months. I'm on a budget and I need to figure out our options! Our wedding is Jan 20, 2013. If anyone has information, I would be truly grateful.

Also, has anyone worked with any good florists off-resort who are more reasonably priced?? I did get a pricing answer back about centerpieces, and the price was ridiculous :(

Sorry...who were you asking for pricelists? I offered a while back, but mine are likely quite out of date now and I think there are other brides with more recent information from the resort. 

We just went with the resort flowers...but I'll totally throw this out there as an option. The Wal-Mart in PDC had really beautiful potted orchids and cut fresh flowers for crazy cheap prices. It would mean way more work on your part (or someone in your party) to pull that all together, and there would be no guarantees what you would get/what would be available to purchase the week of your wedding. But if you have someone in your group who's good with stuff like that and you're quite flexible, that could be a way cheaper option. Or, you just go with a non-fresh floral centerpiece like lots of BDW brides have done. Search this site and google images for lots of inspiration.

Originally Posted by ashk View Post

Oooh, catalogues?? The wedding coordinator at the resort is taking forever to get back to my travel agent/wedding planner about cake and flower and decoration options and approximate pricing... we've been asking for months. I'm on a budget and I need to figure out our options! Our wedding is Jan 20, 2013. If anyone has information, I would be truly grateful.

Also, has anyone worked with any good florists off-resort who are more reasonably priced?? I did get a pricing answer back about centerpieces, and the price was ridiculous :(

Hi MJHK,

Sorry, I wasn't asking anyone specific for prices - just if anyone might have that info, it would help me out a lot.

I've been considering the non-fresh flower option, and may end up going with it - I'm just concerned with weight limits for luggage. I'll wait and see how many I actually need, it may make the most sense to bring everything as so many have done. Your thoughts on the Walmart have me thinking too :)

That's ok...I can send you the GS wedding option powerpoints and pricelists I was given last December if you want. Just PM me with your e-mail address : )

Originally Posted by ashk View Post

Hi MJHK,

Sorry, I wasn't asking anyone specific for prices - just if anyone might have that info, it would help me out a lot.

I've been considering the non-fresh flower option, and may end up going with it - I'm just concerned with weight limits for luggage. I'll wait and see how many I actually need, it may make the most sense to bring everything as so many have done. Your thoughts on the Walmart have me thinking too :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ladies! 3 months today, until my big day!!!! so excited!!! I've been corresponding with the co-ordinator, and she just told me that they have no speakers or microphone in the restaurants.. Did any of you use the Italian restaurant for the reception without using a DJ? or if with a DJ was he any good? worth the $650 pesos per hour? 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just a quick update on my end- I have now been in contact with Yeniza, who seems to be helping Araceli out. She has answered my questions quickly, it's been great! Here's some stuff that she's told me that you guys might find helpful:

-The palapa rental is included with the presidential package (I had that as an extra cost, so this was great news!)

-At the palapa, menu options are buffet for 350 pesos, and then plated dinner for 500 pesos (per person) and that is steak, chicken, or salmon, and then 850 pesos (or 800?) for surf and turf (lobster and steak). She said that if you order the plated dinner, everyone has to order the SAME meal, soup, salad, etc. So we opted for the buffet.

- The above price also includes open bar for everyone, I think for 4 or 5 hours.

-I am celiac, and she let me know that a celiac-friendly meal can be accomodated, and she is looking into the cake as well

-I want specific flowers (blue dendrobium orchids) and she is checking with their florist to see if this can be arranged and will get back with a price.

It feels great to have some questions answered! I have all the menu information, so if anyone wants this please let me know and I can send it to you!

Just wanted to clarify about the plated dinner - you do have to choose one appetizer for the whole group but you can let your guests choose what they want for their main course.  I picked three options for the main course - steak, salmon & vegetarian pasta and then gave my guests menu cards to fill out.  I gave Elizabeth our totals for all options the day before the wedding and everyone was extremely pleased with our plated meal.

We also had our reception in the palapa and it was great, but one word of caution - if it is a windy day be prepared.  It was extremely windy the evening of our reception, so much so that chairs were blowing over and all my centerpieces had to be weighted down with sand.

Originally Posted by Marls View Post

Hi all,

Just a quick update on my end- I have now been in contact with Yeniza, who seems to be helping Araceli out. She has answered my questions quickly, it's been great! Here's some stuff that she's told me that you guys might find helpful:

-The palapa rental is included with the presidential package (I had that as an extra cost, so this was great news!)

-At the palapa, menu options are buffet for 350 pesos, and then plated dinner for 500 pesos (per person) and that is steak, chicken, or salmon, and then 850 pesos (or 800?) for surf and turf (lobster and steak). She said that if you order the plated dinner, everyone has to order the SAME meal, soup, salad, etc. So we opted for the buffet.

- The above price also includes open bar for everyone, I think for 4 or 5 hours.

-I am celiac, and she let me know that a celiac-friendly meal can be accomodated, and she is looking into the cake as well

-I want specific flowers (blue dendrobium orchids) and she is checking with their florist to see if this can be arranged and will get back with a price.

It feels great to have some questions answered! I have all the menu information, so if anyone wants this please let me know and I can send it to you!

Hi there,

I have been in contact with Yeniza and I am trying to book the wedding date.

We arrive April 20th in the early evening. We want to have the wedding on April 22nd because I don't want to spend the entire time stressing! She has recommended to me that we have it on the 23rd but that would mean it would be on the 4th day of our holiday and I want to go on excursions off the resort and have fun but don't want to stress about things happening (example: me falling and getting a cut on my face and ruining my photos!). From past brides experiences do you think it is reasonable timing for me to meet with the planners and make last minutes decisions to get married on April 22nd?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Nicole

Originally Posted by janette34 View Post

Just wanted to clarify about the plated dinner - you do have to choose one appetizer for the whole group but you can let your guests choose what they want for their main course.  I picked three options for the main course - steak, salmon & vegetarian pasta and then gave my guests menu cards to fill out.  I gave Elizabeth our totals for all options the day before the wedding and everyone was extremely pleased with our plated meal.

We also had our reception in the palapa and it was great, but one word of caution - if it is a windy day be prepared.  It was extremely windy the evening of our reception, so much so that chairs were blowing over and all my centerpieces had to be weighted down with sand.

Hi Janette,

Unfortunately it sounds like things have changed, here is my e-mail to Yeniza and her response

If we pick the BBQ menu, is this like a buffet? Yes is a Buffet

Would the chicken, steak, salmon and all the items listed be included for everyone to choose from? Yes should be for everyone

If we do the Beach menu, can some people have steak and others have salmon and side dishes? For example, 50 people want steak and 24 people want salmon, 40 people want lobster cream soup and 34 want asparagus cream soup? No, It have to be the same menu for everyone, you choose one and is the same for all the party, unless you have a vegetarian or allergic, the chef do an exception.

Maybe they would let you do separate plates if you were onsite and asked them before the wedding, but it doesn't sound like it from her response.

That is good to know about the wind, I did see your pictures posted on here! Our centrepieces are going to be full of sand so it sounds like that will be helpful!