Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Brides??

Hi Shawna

I'm glad you found my review helpful :) It took forever to say everything I wanted to say! I'll send you my Palapa pics shortly :) Donna's pic is lovely too, it really shows off the elegance of the palapa at night and all decorated :)

As for planning I must say that I'm really the most behind out of everyone on the forum! We're just picking our date this week for January 2012! I have a looooooooooooooooooong way to go! Lucky for us though, there are many other brides on this forum who are going through the exact same process and may have the answers to your questions. Melania and Corbeil are leaving in a few days for their own weddings so hopefully we'll have more reviews soon :)

A friend of the family will be doing our photography, but can you post the think to the resort photographer's Web site?

@Donna, I totally know what you mean about trip advisor! Sometimes you just don't know whether to trust it or not... I look at it this way: If you have a good experience, you tell 1 person. If you have a bad experience, chances are that you tell 10 people...

I'm really excited to hear from more and more GS brides :)

The photographers are Photo Caribbean and their website is http://www.fotocaribbean.com.mx . They aren't over-the-top fancy, but my FI and I aren't looking for deluxe celebrity/magazine cover style photos of ourselves. I think they are perfectly professional and not overly artsy, plus the price is really reasonable and comes with a cute 40 minute video included in the price. I had a different photographer quote me $5000 for photos and an additional $5000 for a video, which is more than what I'm spending on the entire wedding plus trip, so no thanks!

@Kbudchill- I have a question for you. My group is only 20 of us in total. Since you've been to GS before and this is my first time, which restaurant would you recommend renting out for such a small group. The palapa is beautiful, but I think it would be too big for us, plus I'm worried about mosquitoes as I've had family members go to a wedding around the same time of year in the Dominican and said mosquitoes were a problem. Not sure if it's the same in Mexico, but still something to consider.

Thanks for the pics girls, the palapa looks beautiful! I almost wish I was bringing more guests so I could fill it!

@lreavley i have emailed you a picture of the palapa,  you'll love it.  

@gsbride2011 do you think that it will be bad with the mosquitos as i have booked the palapa for the 1st of June but could change my mind if it really is going to be that bad.  Has anyone else been out there at the end of may?

Does anyone know why you still have the rehearsal dinner in one of the restaurants if you're having the palapa? 

Thank you

donna.  

@GSBride: I'd say you may want to go with a small or medium restaurant. That means no steakhouse or Cajun, those are the 2 biggest. (Quite large for 20) 

The smallest restaurants are the Brazilian, French and the Mediterrainian... Oh dear, I can't spell... 

Brazilian: green + white + brown decor. Elegant yet colourful.

French: Blue and orange/red. Cool coloured lighting, but weird, large, cloud-shaped mirrors on the wall. Elegant dark wood wine cellar. Large comfy chairs. Nice ambiance.

Mediter....: Blue and white decor. Very Greek feeling, very large fishing/boat pics on the walls. The most beachy.

Medium size are the Italian and Japanese and Mexican.

Italian: Very mod, black and white colour scheme with large black and white pictures of old italian movie stars. Really cool theme.

Japanese: Red and black, and most of the restaurant is set up teppanyaki style, which is tables of 12 that are set up around a grill.

Mexican: Pink and yellow, bright and Mexican lol.

I'm not sure what sort of seating options are available but thats something to discuss with the coordinator. Also consider if you would like a dancefloor space or need to have a DJ set up :)

Hope this helps!

@Donnaalec: I think the rehersal dinner is not-so-much a rehersal dinner and more of a group dinner. We've been told its not private, either. The palapa is far out and requires planning and transportation service and a special kitchen. I also don't think they wanna set up the chairs and tables when its just a supper and not a big reception. (THey'd also have to bring staff out there, etc.)

Hi there beautiful brides!

Hoping I can join this forum...would love to see any/all of the pics available for GS...professional pics and powerpoints(?) from GS re: flowers and whatnot.  We were at GS last year...went to Dreams Tulum last month...weighing out both as options for a destination wedding early 2012.  Excited to see progress with all of your plans...can't wait to be in the same boat : )

Thanks!

janelleh@sasktel.net

I am getting married at the GSRM on the 31st May. I have stayed at the resort about 3 years ago and loved it. We are a party of 25. I know I want a beach ceremony please can you send me any pictures of the palapa that you have as I am really interested in this after reading all the reviews.

My email address is shelly81_d@hotmail.com

Any pictures at all would be useful, I have sent my form to Araceli just have the reception venue left to decide on. We have booked the platinum wedding package.

Thanks