Photo

Anyone use Michael's for a bouquet

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 latricej919

latricej919
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:33 PM

So....I dropped the ball on my flowers. I didn't contact Tia or any other vendor and my wedding is in 22 days...I can get flowers from Hibiscus for a fee of course, but really don't want to spend $900 on them. So I went to Michael's with a picture of the bouquet I liked...they will make it for a fraction of the price. Has anyone ever used them? I don't get my bouquet until next Thursday, two days before I am set to move...Needless to say I am a little stressed. If you have used Michael's I would love to see pics. Thanks.
    Soon To Be: Mrs. Ham

#2 shanelle

shanelle
    • 29 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:59 PM

One of my bridesmaids just sent me a phone pic of a bouqet from michaels that was adorable. I trust her judgement, and she said they were nice looking in person. And at a great price! Ill save a couple hundred dollars if i go this route. I will use the resorts fresh flowers, but i am thinking of using the ones from michaels for the bridesmaids. Good Luck! when you can, please post a pic of yours!!

#3 Ryan's girl

Ryan's girl
      • 256 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:28 AM

I just saw a pic of someone who had their boquet done at Michaels in a planning thread...let me see if I can find it.

Here we go...

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t45234

I didn't even realize that Michaels did boquets until I saw it in this thread. It looks pretty impressive. Hope this helps!
        Our ELIZABETH MEDINA slideshow
        http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42700
        My Iberostar Lindo reviewhttp://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42812

#4 Glamourina

Glamourina
        • 198 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 03:42 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Ryan's girl
          I just saw a pic of someone who had their boquet done at Michaels in a planning thread...let me see if I can find it.

Here we go...

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t45234

I didn't even realize that Michaels did boquets until I saw it in this thread. It looks pretty impressive. Hope this helps!
          Wow, that Michael's bouquet looks amazing! Are those real touch flowers?

#5 bittersweet

bittersweet
          • 44 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:02 AM

I think Michael's does have some True Touch flowers...the orchids look like True Touch, but not the callas. They did do an excellent job though!

#6 JamieJ

JamieJ
            • 35 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:15 AM

I was thinking of doing the same.
              I wonder what their prices are...

#7 AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana
              • 376 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:40 AM

A friend of mine used Michaels for her wedding and they were beautiful. Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures, though.

#8 saltocoach

saltocoach
                • 235 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:47 AM

I haven't seen any bouquets from Michaels but I have always loved their arrangements. If the bouquets are a fraction as nice as the arrangements it'll be beautiful. Will they show you a sample before ordering?

#9 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
                  • 1,572 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:30 AM

We used Michael's for the parents' corsages and bouts and they were beautiful! Wish I would've just gotten hubby's there too.

#10 khomac

khomac
                    • 380 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:38 PM

I made my own using Michaels flowers. I used Stargazer Lillies, Calla Lillies, and 1 big Gerber in the center. They look incredible, as do some of the roses.

The price you pay will determine your quality. For example, there are several types of roses/orchids/lillies to choose from. The cheaper ones look and feel fake, whereas the more expensive ones, no one can tell their fake.

I made my bouquet myself and only bought when the flowers were on for 1/2 price, or used a 40% or 50% off coupon. I'm there every weekend and they all know me know :) This bouquet cost me $34, my MOH cost $17, bouteniers not done yet.

Click the image to open in full size.
                      Kelly & Pablo

http://www.michaelsteingard.com
                      Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users