Photo

Just out of curiosity?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 march132010

march132010
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 02:04 PM

My FI asked my dad and showed him the ring before he popped the question to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#22 big3n09

big3n09
    • 616 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 03:03 PM

Thanks for the feedback, he has been trying to get with my father for the pas 2 weeks now but they just haven't gotten on the same schedule and I guess I'm gettting a little antsy cause I want him to have some kind of conversation with him. I don't need him to ask cause my father has always been my #1 supporter and probably would not tell anyone no, he would go with whatever I want and just provide some advice. Hopefully they will get together soon. Thank you all and happy planning!
      4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#23 Ayita

Ayita
      • 861 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 04:30 PM

FI really wanted to ask my dad first ! Because he did not know him and my dad lives in France whcih does not help, he even thought about writing a letter ! So cute. Anyway he eventually met him before he popped the question and asked for his blessing. He also asked my brother's !!! i love this guy

#24 tad515

tad515
        • 163 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 04:35 PM

I think it's a huge sign of respect when the guy asks permission for their daughter's hand in marriage!

#25 LIW

LIW
          • 197 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:06 PM

My FH did ask both my parents. I'm actually really happy that he did and I know it made both of my parents really happy and won FH some extra brownie points.

FH can be pretty traditional in some ways, and for him it's a sign of respect for my family to ask "permission".

My parents actually joke now the FH is their favourite child, lol.
            http://www.weddingco.../rbe6xizbgt.png

38 people plus bride and groom coming to Cuba!

#26 EDSROSA

EDSROSA
            • 510 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:54 PM

My FI asked my Dad for permission and showed him the ring about a month before proposing. He never talked to my mom (which hurt me and my mom a bit) but my Dad was sooooo happy b/c he was the ONLY one that knew it was coming. My Dad can keep a secret too, I think that if my FI would have asked my Mom it would not have stayed a secret, my mom, sisters and I are very close. It totally threw us off guard my mom, sisters and I were totally shocked! I loved that he did that, asking for permission was very important to me.

#27 hsims1

hsims1
              • 356 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 11:01 PM

My Fiance talked to my parents beforehand. My parents really appreciated that, because it was a respect thing. And I thought it was a nice gesture as well.

#28 Royal_lady10

Royal_lady10
                • 247 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:33 PM

My FI didnt ask my father for permission either. It didnt bother me either way considering me and my father are very distant.. and if FI was going to ask permission, it would have been from my brother and mother.

#29 ShelbyFL

ShelbyFL
                  • 211 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:56 PM

My FI asked my Mom and my brother permission and showed them the ring before asking me. My Dad passed in '95 and he knew it was important to me to have my family's approval. It meant a lot to me.

#30 JOSIE

JOSIE
                    • 1,792 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:52 PM

My FI asked both my parents.....which is a story they love to talk about to this day. They always say "We warned him what he was getting into" haha thanks guys! My mom loves to tell the story because apparently jason told them that he was at his lowest point in life when he met me, and I completely changed his life and he never knew a relationship could be like ours was.......my mom says my dad and jason both teared up and she was crying too. I love hearing the story back because its so freakin cute!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users