I'm sooo annoyed!!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 YoursTruly

• 1,097 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:21 AM

i think u r making a wise decision. the last thing u need is to add stress by putting yourselves in debt. is your mom gonna buy u a new BR set? if not then she needs to kindly fall back.

#22 baj

• 1,555 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:28 AM

I think it would be silly to refuse it when things are so tight, especially if you like it.

don't stress about it I am sure your Mum meant well, but it's your decision not her's and I have never heard of it being bad luck.

#23 angieanderson

• 15 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:02 PM

OMG. We must be related. It sounds like something my mother would bitch at me about-- ESPECIALLY in the shower. LOL.

No, you're not overreacting at all. And honestly, like many of the other ladies have said, you're making a wise decision by NOT going in debt as a newly wed!

#24 Vikki

• 807 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Sapphire723
          Heh, I would have handled it like this -- "You're going to buy us a brand new bedroom set, Mom?! That is SO THOUGHTFUL!"
          Haha - exactly!

I know things will get better for you and your FI but until then I hope your mom can take a step back and realize what you're doing is smart. So many people buy things they can't afford, spend way too much money on material things just because "they're new!" and dig themselves into a huge financial hole. I think it's great that you and your FI are looking toward the future and doing what you can with a frustrating situation to get back on your feet. Your marriage will be so much stronger for it!

#25 jk1101

• 2,582 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:34 PM

Bad luck would be putting yourself into debt to buy a new bedroom set...
            Moms always have a lot of opinions that they can't keep to themselves. It would be nice to be able to go out and buy a house full of new furniture, but I don't know many people who can do that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users