Need accommodation recommendations for Montego Bay Wedding

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jamaicagrrl

jamaicagrrl
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:58 PM

Hi Ladies,

I'm getting married July 2010 in Montego Bay - the event will not be at an all inclusive. Can anyone please recommend accommodations that I should recommend to my guests.

I've read all the reviews on tripadvisor.com and it seems like for the most part the places in Montego Bay are either overpriced or fall way short of people's expectations.

Need to find a family friendly place for people coming to the wedding with kids.
    Thanks!

#2 amee

amee
    • 51 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:22 PM

What's your price range? We stayed at Half Moon - in the villas - which are anywhere from 4 to 7 bedrooms - price will vary from high season to low and how many rooms you're booking. About 10 of our guests stayed at Rose Hall Resort and I stayed there during my site visit. It was updated, modern, clean and easy to get to and had reasonable rates.

#3 jamaicagrrl

jamaicagrrl
      • 6 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 03:31 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by amee
        What's your price range? We stayed at Half Moon - in the villas - which are anywhere from 4 to 7 bedrooms - price will vary from high season to low and how many rooms you're booking. About 10 of our guests stayed at Rose Hall Resort and I stayed there during my site visit. It was updated, modern, clean and easy to get to and had reasonable rates.
        Thanks for the recommendations, but our guest are more in the "low to mid" budget range. I don't think they'd want to spend more than $300/night.

#4 Meeka708

Meeka708
        • 31 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 09:33 AM

Beaches is a family friendly Resort.Also the Holiday Inn Believe it or not have good package deals for family.

#5 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
          • 516 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:18 AM

While I realize your wedding is not at an all inclusive, staying at something like Beaches is actually a price friendly option because the price you are paying is including all of your food and such. THere is nothing saying that you have to have the wedding there because you are staying there right?

#6 LadyD

LadyD
            • 108 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 04:07 PM

HomeAway Vacation Rentals: Beach Houses, Condos, Cabins, Villas & Vacation Rental Homes - someone told me about this website yesterday. You can find many villa, condo rentals in Jamaica.
              Enjoyed a FANTASIC wedding in Mobay with 95 of our closest friends and family!!

#7 LadyD

LadyD
              • 108 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 05:48 PM

Here is another link and some info:

Caribbean Wedding Villas

Eight Rivers
                Can Accommodate a Wedding with up to 30 Guests

Frangipani
                Can Accommodate a Wedding with up to 50 Guests

Frankfort

Golden Clouds
                Can Accommodate a Wedding with up to 100 Guests

Greatview
                Can Accommodate a Wedding with up to 60 Guests

Somewhere

Sweet Spot Villa

Trident Castle
                Can Accommodate a Wedding with up to 200 Guests

Rose Hall Villas - combine any number of villas in Rose Hall including, Bienvenue, Ladywood, Ladywood House, Naseberry, and Summerhill.

Combine a Number of Villas at Tryall
                Can Accommodate a Wedding with up to 300 Guests
                Enjoyed a FANTASIC wedding in Mobay with 95 of our closest friends and family!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users