Photo

Black shirt for the groom?...Be honest

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#11 Jess

Jess
  • 4,455 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:29 PM

I like it! My fi is wearing a dark gray shirt since I don't love white shirts for some reason. I think it will look great with the pants

#12 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
    • VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:34 PM

i just saw Kathys pics that Erika posted and i actually really like how her hubby looked with his black shirt and white pants, next to her white dress. lol totally did a 180 from my 1st post. i guess i just needed to see it.
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#13 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,569 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:37 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek
        i just saw Kathys pics that Erika posted and i actually really like how her hubby looked with his black shirt and white pants, next to her white dress. lol totally did a 180 from my 1st post. i guess i just needed to see it.
        That is too funny, because that is exactly how I felt till I saw her pics. My FI also has dark hair and it think he will look great and he feels more comfortable in black anyways so it was def something I "let him win".

#14 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
        • VIP Member
        • 3,160 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:37 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek
          i looked too, and yes i agree. they look great, the pictures. i still like ivory but again, its whatever you guys like, and whatever he will feel comfy in ;o) good luck!!

#15 TightyWhitey

TightyWhitey
          • 181 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:47 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by J&MWedding
            The guy at men's warehouse told me that I wouldn't be able to put a boutteniere on his silk shirt? any experience with that?

thanks for the input!
            Our Groomsmen wore Tommy Bahama silk shirts at our wedding and the boutonniere was really heavy on the shirt and drooped. It didn't stay upright at all.

I'm thinking that's what the sales guy was referring to.

#16 Jen_S

Jen_S
            • 3,737 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:48 PM

My hubby wore a ivory suit with a black shirt and he looked great. I think if you think he looks best in black then let him wear black.
              Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#17 BlakleyBrideToBe

BlakleyBrideToBe
              • 2,115 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:50 PM

Since you're getting married in December and don't have the heat as a major factor. I think black would be great.

#18 Sloan

Sloan
                • 1,279 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:56 PM

Im a big fan of black, so Im sure it will look awesome. As for the bout on silk -- yeah FI wore linen and the stupid bout barely stayed up. Dragged his shirt down a bit and the bout ended up being upside down most of the time. Not heavy enough fabric to hold it up.

#19 J&MWedding

J&MWedding
                  • 612 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:35 PM

Yes, Kathy's pics confirmed it for me! I just needed to see some pics I think. I do like the black in the pics because it does remind me of a tux. Every time my FI wears black, I always think it looks great on him, he has tan skin/light eyes and black just looks good.

Now, I just need to figure out the bout issue?...I guess he just wouldn't be able to wear one? (I know he won't wear a suite/jacket)

Thanks girls for all the comments! Definitely helped! and thanks for being honest! Isn't that what all this is for anyways?!

Jess, which shirt is your FI wearing? the one from Express that you showed me? different one?
                    ~jill~

http://tickers.Ticke....56d6/event.png
                    My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#20 **~Jenn~**

**~Jenn~**
                    • 1,236 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:40 PM

My DH also wore a Black Shirt & White pants for our wedding last week and it looked really good.
                      HIs shirt was linen and his Bout wouldn't really stay straight. My pictures are posted on here somewhere :-)

Good Luck!
                      Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
                      My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users