Sign in to follow this  
J&MWedding

Black shirt for the groom?...Be honest

Jess, I love those! I wonder if those would stay on a silk shirt.....? Maybe if I did a really small one...?

I'll think about it, because I do love her work!

yeah! options are always nice.

Send Jurine a pic of his shirt - she is pretty helpful I'm sure she will let you know if it would look good or not

imx wondering if you kept the buttonaire really really lite a leaf,feather maybe and pinned it twice top and bottom.I like the black and you guys know if he can stand the heat,good luck

Hey there!

Sorry I'm a little late on this but I thought I'd pop in and explain why DH chose a black shirt for our wedding rather than white (which he initially planned on wearing). He WAS going to wear a white shirt for the wedding but decided it was too see-through (which made him uncomfortable) so he switched to the black one, well he asked me first but I told him to do what he felt most comfortable with. In the end, I am happy he went with black...he stood out in the pictures (his one brother wore white and his other brother had a patterned shirt) AND white didn't match my dress anyway, so may as well have gone with black. My dress color was called "pearl" so it definitely wasn't a traditionally white gown.

As far as bouts go, DH was dead against wearing one altogether, so I conceded and let him win that one haha wink.gif I think he looked fine without it though, so again it is a matter of personal choice/preference.