• Calypso Band
    • Baker - I have to have a delicious cake w/ filling

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/Jyypm5.png

32 + B&G confirmed and booked

#2 marisa8161

marisa8161
    • 7 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 03:10 PM

Where are you guys getting married? We are getting married in November and just booked our Calypso band and DJ ...obviously don't know how its going to work out yet, but they come highly recommended if you are interested? I did sample about 5-6 delicious cakes while I was down their planning, in San Jose. I will try to find the name of the baker but most resorts will make the cake onsite. The baker in San Jose was willing to deliver about 4-5 hours away ... Have you picked a spot yet?

#3 amcarter

amcarter
      • 49 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:42 AM

We getting married at Pacifico which is Playas del Coco. would you happen to have the link for the Calypso Band?
        http://dwdf.daisypath.com/Jyypm5.png

32 + B&G confirmed and booked

#4 Ask.CostaRica

Ask.CostaRica
        • 223 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:08 PM

Marisa,

I know Tropical Occasions just hosted an event at Pacifico. The wedding was part US part CR from the Caribbean part of the country (predominently Jamaican). They had a full calypso band and pina colada cake. Try them, they should have some info for you.

#5 ol001sk

ol001sk
          • 5 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 01:09 PM

To add, does anyone know of any DJ's in the Jaco area. I am getting married at Playa Esterillos and need a Dj and Calypso band. I think I have the calypso though. We are using them for cocktail hour and then DJ for reception. I want them to be able to play both American and Latin Music. I really want a live band, but haven't found anything that I like for the right price.

#6 marisa8161

marisa8161
            • 7 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:15 PM

Sorry for the delay ... the Calypso band is called Chakra y su calypso ... they don't have a website unfortunately. I do have phone numbers which is the best form of contact ... 506 2250 5305 or 506 8350 6027. Hope this helps.

#7 Ask.CostaRica

Ask.CostaRica
              • 223 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:26 PM

Try this guy. Steven Denton, from the US (stephendenton2002@yahoo.com) he is a great DJ and has contacts for other music options.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users