Photo

Darn You Shipping!!!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:49 PM

UGH!! So, I finally find the best deal for Starfish and Sand Dollars, and I go to check out...

$64.00 SHIPPING!!! Ouch! That doesn't even include tax! That's on top of the $100 I'm spending on sealife... and thats not even converted to Canadian dollars yet!!!

Does anyone know of a Canadian site that sells starfish and sand dollars? I tried searching under Vancouver and all that jazz, and came up with no great deals.

Ugh... so frustrated. Back to square one I guess. I feel like swearing at some random guy for personal satisfaction right now!!!
    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#2 *JillD*

*JillD*
    • 5,112 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:57 PM

courtney, how much would it be if you had it shipped somewhere in the states and then had someone ship it to you from here? Would it be any cheaper or work out to about the same? You could have them sent to me and I could send them to you if it would be cheaper for you.

#3 PaulaV

PaulaV
      • VIP Member
      • 2,813 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:58 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Nini_Bride
        UGH!! So, I finally find the best deal for Starfish and Sand Dollars, and I go to check out...

$64.00 SHIPPING!!! Ouch! That doesn't even include tax! That's on top of the $100 I'm spending on sealife... and thats not even converted to Canadian dollars yet!!!

Does anyone know of a Canadian site that sells starfish and sand dollars? I tried searching under Vancouver and all that jazz, and came up with no great deals.

Ugh... so frustrated. Back to square one I guess. I feel like swearing at some random guy for personal satisfaction right now!!!

I don't know of a site, but what about getting some when you go to Cabo? Will that be too late?

#4 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
        • 4,979 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:02 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jilly76
          courtney, how much would it be if you had it shipped somewhere in the states and then had someone ship it to you from here? Would it be any cheaper or work out to about the same? You could have them sent to me and I could send them to you if it would be cheaper for you.
          Jill - I'll look into that now and let you know - thanks!! :)

Quote:
          Originally Posted by PaulaV
          I don't know of a site, but what about getting some when you go to Cabo? Will that be too late?
          We're sending our invites out this month, otherwise I would have tried that. Can you bring stuff like that back from Mexico though (customs)??

#5 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:04 PM

Courtney, why are you sending your invites now? Honestly I sent mine in Early April for my July wedding and a lot of people lost them, why don't you just do STD's now?
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#6 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
          • 4,979 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:09 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Christine
            Courtney, why are you sending your invites now? Honestly I sent mine in Early April for my July wedding and a lot of people lost them, why don't you just do STD's now?
            Haha, why does everyone always ask me that on this forum?!! lol

I sent out STDs in March/April and my guests have to book before October (dreams books up by then). I just didn't feel comfortable asking my guests to book without a formal invitation and all of the information - thus invites are on their way out!! I'll be keeping them updated, but I really wanted to make sure they had all of the information ahead of time... otherwise I'd save this stress for next year! lol

#7 MorganShae

MorganShae
            • 84 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:59 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Nini_Bride
              Haha, why does everyone always ask me that on this forum?!! lol

I sent out STDs in March/April and my guests have to book before October (dreams books up by then). I just didn't feel comfortable asking my guests to book without a formal invitation and all of the information - thus invites are on their way out!! I'll be keeping them updated, but I really wanted to make sure they had all of the information ahead of time... otherwise I'd save this stress for next year! lol
              Courtney, you are such a good bride! Your guests are so blessed to have someone as organized and prepared as you. Not that most of us aren't well-prepared but you really have it all together :) Good for you!!

I'm sorry about your shipping woes... I hope you find an alternative.

#8 PaulaV

PaulaV
              • VIP Member
              • 2,813 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:24 PM

Hey Court, there is a seller on Ebay that has a flat rate for shipping to Canada of $10 :

eBay Store – THE BOCA BEETLE SHOP: Search results for starfish.

These are nicer, ships to Canada, no price details:

eBay: LOT 10 WHITE STARFISH 5"TO 6" & 10 SAND DOLLARS CRAFTS (item 330079110489 end time Jun-21-07 07:37:14 PDT)

#9 JulieG

JulieG
                • VIP Member
                • 8,323 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:30 PM

I was also going to suggest Ebay. The most expensive shipping on there that I saw was $25 and most places combine shipping. I am also looking for starfish, but I want the mini ones for my invitations and the bigger ones for the ceremony. I will tell you when I find the right place, although you spend much more time on the internet than I can, so you will probably find a place first. lol

#10 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                  • 4,979 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:37 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by MorganShae
                    Courtney, you are such a good bride! Your guests are so blessed to have someone as organized and prepared as you. Not that most of us aren't well-prepared but you really have it all together :) Good for you!!

I'm sorry about your shipping woes... I hope you find an alternative.
                    haha, aww thanks!!! I only pretend to be organized and prepared though!! lol

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by PaulaV
                    Hey Court, there is a seller on Ebay that has a flat rate for shipping to Canada of $10 :

eBay Store – THE BOCA BEETLE SHOP: Search results for starfish.

These are nicer, ships to Canada, no price details:

eBay: LOT 10 WHITE STARFISH 5"TO 6" & 10 SAND DOLLARS CRAFTS (item 330079110489 end time Jun-21-07 07:37:14 PDT)
                    Wow, thanks Paula. I think I'm going to end up paying for my uber pickiness though. I really want them to be white sand dollars (2") and sugar starfish (4" - 6") ...see? picky!! I have Aaron searching obsessively meanwhile... and he may have just found one as I'm typing this! lol Thanks for your help!!!

On a side note, I've very sad that the Anahiem Ducks just won the stanley cup! lol. I know, completely random, but the game just ended.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users