Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
michelle08

Wedding Day Schedule

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle08 View Post
Sorry Angela!! I feel so bad now. I didn't mean to make you freak out! I'm sure you know better than I...I just wanted to be a good forum buddy and mention it in case. Sorry!!! sad.gif
lol I didn't mean to make you feel bad. Stupid typing doesn't always convey my sense of humor. I spent a couple of weeks back and forth with my vendors in Cabo who kept agreeing with me on my time changes, but not really giving me answers. I still to this day don't know for sure.. even after looking up the Mexico gov site about their time change policies.
Michelle, you're the best for questioning it. I would hate to find out last minute that it's wrong! It was just another uh-oh moment for me when I checked your linked site. I did email Steve (the owner of the site) but haven't heard back yet.

Bradley, maybe you can confirm? Your sunset chart was very helpful, but my wedding is on October 28th. I believe that's going to be daylight savings in Mexico where as US changed to the beginning of Nov. Great post about the lighting. I always thought the sun would just set over the ocean (like in all the movies). :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese_diva View Post
Please don't make me freak out about this... again. I've checked a zillion times. :) Daylight savings in Mexico in 2007 is October 28th.
I'll check on it again, but I believe Mexico is not following the US on the change for this year.
I was about to freak out because my wedding is on October 1, 2007 and I was told sunset is around 7. So my ceremony is from 5:30 - 6. Pictures and cocktail hour is 6 - 7. Reception is 7 - 10.

If it changes on Oct 28th, then I should be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese_diva View Post
lol I didn't mean to make you feel bad. Stupid typing doesn't always convey my sense of humor. I spent a couple of weeks back and forth with my vendors in Cabo who kept agreeing with me on my time changes, but not really giving me answers. I still to this day don't know for sure.. even after looking up the Mexico gov site about their time change policies.
Michelle, you're the best for questioning it. I would hate to find out last minute that it's wrong! It was just another uh-oh moment for me when I checked your linked site. I did email Steve (the owner of the site) but haven't heard back yet.

Bradley, maybe you can confirm? Your sunset chart was very helpful, but my wedding is on October 28th. I believe that's going to be daylight savings in Mexico where as US changed to the beginning of Nov. Great post about the lighting. I always thought the sun would just set over the ocean (like in all the movies). :)

Hello Angela,

I just realized that we are getting married on the same day! I thought I was the only late October bride, Iâ€m glad to have someone to share the day (and the LARGE amount of stress) with.

You make me feel like a bad bride, Iâ€m so slacking on my wedding planning. Iâ€ve got the place and the dress and thatâ€s it! Youâ€ve really got some stuff figured out!

All of our friends are getting married this year (I guess we are at that age) so Iâ€ve been super busy going to showers, weddings, bachelorette parties, etc…between other peopleâ€s weddings and work, Iâ€ve had no time to plan my own wedding.

So anyway, Iâ€m getting serous now!

Two questions:

1.When is sunset? Did you figure this out? Iâ€m totally freaked out after reading the confusion!!
2.How many hours did you book your photog for and what is you schedule for him (ie. Shooting getting ready, family photos, first dance, etc…)? Iâ€m trying to figure out if I should have the photog stay for the reception, even after it is dark.

Let me know if I can answer any questions for you!! Although, it seems that you have things figured out!!!

~Amber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember the 06 brides advising 1 to 1.5 hours before sunset but I just spent half an hour looking for the thread and I can't find it! So, we'll have to rediscuss!

 

I'm getting married in February, so the sun set says 5.48, but I don't know if that's absolute sunset or what??

So, I should plan my ceremony at about 4, right?

 

But if my ceremony is from 4 to 4.30, and my reception is at 6 or 7, what do you do in between? A couple of hours of cocktail?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagsieMexico View Post
I remember the 06 brides advising 1 to 1.5 hours before sunset but I just spent half an hour looking for the thread and I can't find it! So, we'll have to rediscuss!

I'm getting married in February, so the sun set says 5.48, but I don't know if that's absolute sunset or what??
So, I should plan my ceremony at about 4, right?

But if my ceremony is from 4 to 4.30, and my reception is at 6 or 7, what do you do in between? A couple of hours of cocktail?
I'm having this issue too - my sunset is 5:35ish. Ceremony is 4 - 4:30. Group pics from 4:30 - 4:45. Cocktail "hour" from 4:45 - 6. Reception 6 - 11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am late for everything and I've never been to a wedding that started on time. I think for these reasons I'm going to have my guects arrive at 3:30. Is that too early?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was our schedule...

4:40pm - guests head to beach (they had to be there early to participate in sand ceremony *we made the announcement at rehearsal dinner that they had to be on time*)

5-5:30pm - Ceremony

5:30-6:45pm - Cocktail hour

(we took family photos and photos around the hotel and some on the beach at this time)

6:45pm - 10:30pm - Dinner, Speeches, Dancing, etc...

**We snuck off for a few sunset photos while everyone was eating dinner (7:15pm-ish, the sun sets over the hill so you don't have to wait until the true sunset time)... It worked well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIDEZILLA View Post
I am late for everything and I've never been to a wedding that started on time. I think for these reasons I'm going to have my guects arrive at 3:30. Is that too early?
We're doing the same...staring at 3:30pm to give our guests a little buffer. We plan to start the ceremony @ 4pm and down to the beach for pics @ 4:45pm. Our wedding is Nov 10th so we're dealing with the same sunset issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×