Self Tanner-Which have you used and liked?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31 KarenM

• 1,920 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by MissM
    I've tried Lancome Flash bronzer and it worked really well nice color and no streaks!
    That's what I use too & it's works really well. I use it on my arms & legs and I like how it's tinted so you know where it's going.

#32 Kristin_And_Stewart

• 153 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:46 AM

I'm a huge fan of tanning, and am not a user of self-tanner products, but i do work at a tanning salon. And we have the mystic spray tan...so i've done it a couple times and the results have always been fantastic.

If you are thinking of using it before leaving a couple things that can help prolong it are...avoiding the salt water and chlorine...its sucks yes, but it really does have an effect on it. Also exfoliate huge before you go and moisturize (often a point that's left out). The reason you want to moisturize is...the mystic is aloe based and is drawn to dry skin...you don't want to look splotchy. Also every time after you shower moisturize...you could even use a moisturizer with a tint in it. the mystic definitely drys out the skin. California Tan has a 4 pack out with an exfoliator, moisturizer, touch-up spray (that actually works), and a deodorizer (those of you who have done it knows it stinks!)

Word of caution though: don't do the mystic the same day you get something waxed! I didn't know this, but we had someone come in to do a mystic following an eyebrow wax...the mystic worked fantastcally...except right under her eyebrows turned ORANGE!!! Not the look you're gonna want on your wedding day.

If you have any questions feel free to message me.

#33 mnh1983

• 743 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:14 AM

I know this is an old thread, but it is spring and I need some color! I refuse to lay out or use a tanning bed though. I have used Jergans in the past, and although it smells kind of weird, the color has turned out well.

I do have a problem though where my legs don't seem to take the color as well as my upper body. Does anyone else have this problem or have a solution?

#34 katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 4,328 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:07 PM

old thread, but just wanted to add that i've been using this: Amazon.com: St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Spray 6.7oz: Beauty

really like it, nice color, not streaky, but a little pricey.

#35 ambularose

• 167 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:47 PM

I use Fake Bake. Works well for me, but I'd much rather have a real tan as bad as it is for us.. I haven't tanned in a year though!

#36 BrideMichele

• 247 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:53 PM

I am using St Moriz mousse and it is FANTASTIC and cheap. My fiance is so impressed with it he wanted me to start using it on him. I buy it off ebay.

#37 simplnsweet

• 323 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:39 AM

I am now a big proponent of not going in the sun...at least my face while away in Mexico.  I have sun spots and melasma now. from my past mild tanning days...yes..mild. :(  When i tan now(or before) my face would look dirty with brown blotches on my forhead and cheekbones...i now use a lightening serum to manage it and must stay out of the direct sun if I want to keep is from developing.

My FI on the otherhand is blond and blued eyed just like me but you would never really know when you see his pic.(profile). He is sooo dark and he strives to get that way when on holidays. After all the education on the damage and CA risk, I just can't sway away from my stance on this matter.  I am willing to wear bronzers, do spray tan etc..I really appreciate the product recommendations. I think I am going to check out the St. Moriz (or should it be  Moritz?) on Ebay.

#38 BrideMichele

• 247 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:17 AM

My bottle says "moriz" but on ebay the sellers sometimes spell it with a 't'.

#39 mrs*j*2011

• Banned
                  • 206 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:09 PM

I am only seeing St Moriz/Moritz from sellers in the UK - is that where you get it from?  I've never bought anything on Ebay from out of the country so I'm kind of hesitant.

~~ Lea ~~
                    January 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Royal Caribbean
                    (honeymooning at Couples Negril)

#40 BrideMichele

• 247 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:11 AM

Ya I ordered it from the UK and had no problems. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users