Photo

peg City to Punta Cana - Feb 2011...Hopefully!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Jenn&Kraig

Jenn&Kraig
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:45 PM

Hello everyone!

So I guess we are the newbies...my boyfriend and I stumbled across this site, we are planning to have a destination wedding Feb 2011, and want to go to Punta Cana...although we are not even engaged yet, is that wierd!? lol.

We just want to get a jump start on the planning, and thought this would be an interesting way to gain some knowledge from others in our position!!

We are thinking the Barcelo Bavero Palace Deluxe, anyone been, or heard anything about it?

#2 DRB

DRB
    • 647 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:01 AM

Welcome to the forum! I don't know anything about that resort but I'm sure that you'll find the info you need here!

#3 michellepicksbrent

michellepicksbrent
      • 1,448 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 07:20 AM

Welcome to the forum, fellow Canadian!

#4 jk1101

jk1101
        • 2,582 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:56 AM

Congratulations and Welcome!

#5 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
          • 4,512 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:15 AM

to the forum! And the answer to your question: not weird at all! LOL! Happy planning!
            *Formerly Nikki07*
            My Planning Thread

#6 ~*DiAnE*~

~*DiAnE*~
            • 1,418 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:21 AM

Welcome and Congrats!! I have been to the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe and it is our absolute favorite place to go! We have been to Punta Cana 4 times and actually just got back on Saturday from a week stay again.. I would definitely recommend it there!! :)

#7 BlakleyBrideToBe

BlakleyBrideToBe
              • 2,115 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:40 AM

Welcome to the forum! Do a search for the here for the resort or try tripadvisor

#8 Jenn&Kraig

Jenn&Kraig
                • 190 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 11:16 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Dreamy101
                  Welcome and Congrats!! I have been to the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe and it is our absolute favorite place to go! We have been to Punta Cana 4 times and actually just got back on Saturday from a week stay again.. I would definitely recommend it there!! :)
                  Thanks for the info Dreamy101!!

We have looked thruogh trip advisoer and dound really mixed reviews, but the resort pics look really nice! We wanted the Iberostar, but close to 3 grand for one week is a little much for out guests!!

Did you stay in the deluxe part of the resort, it seems kind of confusing, it is the deluxe that is the nice part right? This resort has a couple within it, and the deluxe is supposer to be the nicer part.

how did you guys find the food, bars etc?

#9 Jenn&Kraig

Jenn&Kraig
                  • 190 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 11:17 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Dreamy101
                    Thanks for the info Dreamy101!!

We have looked through trip advisor and found really mixed reviews, but the resort pics look really nice! We wanted the Iberostar, but close to 3 grand for one week is a little much for out guests!!

Did you stay in the deluxe part of the resort, it seems kind of confusing, it is the deluxe that is the nice part right? This resort has a couple within it, and the deluxe is suppose to be the nicer part....from what we can tell

how did you guys find the food, bars etc?

#10 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
                    • Vendor
                    • 2,782 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 11:19 AM

Welcome and happy planning!!
                      You can't really listen to tripadvisor. I still read it and most people are wrong on a lot of points they make.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users