Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

Hi all Iberostar brides!

 

I'm new to this site, so still trying to figure out exactly how to find everything and where to post, etc. I just posted in another thread but then realized that one hadn't been active in awhile and then found this one. I guess I'll get the hang of it eventually!

 

I'm planning on getting married in January or February of 2011 and I think I've settled on Iberostar Paraiso Maya. I've had some corespondance with them via email to get some info from them, but they don't seem to give you too many specifics. Looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say about this resort.

 

What are you Paraiso Maya brides planning on doing in way of reception? I want some sort of private event, but don't know how I feel about the disco!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by lndrn2004 View Post
Hi all Iberostar brides!

What are you Paraiso Maya brides planning on doing in way of reception? I want some sort of private event, but don't know how I feel about the disco!

Congrats and Welcome =)

The whole Paraiso complex pretty much has the same options. I am going a private reception for 4 hours with a DJ. We have 47 booked, but the invitations just went out on Wednesday, so hopefully getting 65 people. So a private reception is needed and what we wanted. We still wanted the traditional feel. The complex is amazing, if you haven't already I highly recommend a site visit =) Good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by finleys7 View Post
Congrats and Welcome =)

The whole Paraiso complex pretty much has the same options. I am going a private reception for 4 hours with a DJ. We have 47 booked, but the invitations just went out on Wednesday, so hopefully getting 65 people. So a private reception is needed and what we wanted. We still wanted the traditional feel. The complex is amazing, if you haven't already I highly recommend a site visit =) Good luck


Thanks. I'm was thinking about doing a private reception as well, just looking into other options to save some $. Not really sure yet, that's why this site is great to get to hear what other people are doing as well. We are guestimating probably about 60 will come as well, but sometimes it's hard to really know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by lndrn2004 View Post
Hi all Iberostar brides!

I'm new to this site, so still trying to figure out exactly how to find everything and where to post, etc. I just posted in another thread but then realized that one hadn't been active in awhile and then found this one. I guess I'll get the hang of it eventually!

I'm planning on getting married in January or February of 2011 and I think I've settled on Iberostar Paraiso Maya. I've had some corespondance with them via email to get some info from them, but they don't seem to give you too many specifics. Looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say about this resort.

What are you Paraiso Maya brides planning on doing in way of reception? I want some sort of private event, but don't know how I feel about the disco!
Welcome! Another Chicago bride! I guess when you live up here where it is so cold you can't help but want to get married in Mexico =)

We are getting married at the Del Mar because we wanted to get married at the Gazebo and have a private reception. At the Maya I think there are private reception options but you have to do your dinner first and then go somewhere else for the reception. We liked the Del Mar because you could do both at the same location for a fee of $800.

If you are in love with the Maya resort you can still stay there and just get married on the Del Mar side of the resort. We are actually staying at the Lindo. This is also nice because if you get married at the Del Mar your guests can stay at any of the resorts without having to buy a guest pass for the day of the wedding (if that is a concern).

All in all they are all AWESOME resorts and the wedding coordinators are great to work with!

Good Luck with your planning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDeeken View Post
Welcome! Another Chicago bride! I guess when you live up here where it is so cold you can't help but want to get married in Mexico =)

We are getting married at the Del Mar because we wanted to get married at the Gazebo and have a private reception. At the Maya I think there are private reception options but you have to do your dinner first and then go somewhere else for the reception. We liked the Del Mar because you could do both at the same location for a fee of $800.

If you are in love with the Maya resort you can still stay there and just get married on the Del Mar side of the resort. We are actually staying at the Lindo. This is also nice because if you get married at the Del Mar your guests can stay at any of the resorts without having to buy a guest pass for the day of the wedding (if that is a concern).

All in all they are all AWESOME resorts and the wedding coordinators are great to work with!

Good Luck with your planning!
Thanks for the info! I didn't even realize the different sections of the resort offered different options for private receptions. I guess I just assumed they all had the same options. I'm going to look a little more into that.

With all the snow now in Chicago, I wish I was in Mexico Now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladies,

I met a bride while I was doing a site visit to the Iberostar and she mentioned that there was a list on here of all the fun drinks that the resorts has. She had put this list in the welcome books and challenged her guests to try them. Has anyone seen this list?

 

Also,

I made my bridesmaids jewelry. I then made them a scrapbook from scratch with picture of us growing up together. It has been a lot of work but they are amazing. I then ordered them Lolita wine glasses with beach themes on them and flip flop attachable coasters. I am getting so excited. I can't believe it is coming up.

 

Talk to you all soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barefoot in the Sand - your scrapbooks sound amazing, now that is a perfect gift!

 

We leave for our wedding in 2 weeks from today for the Del Mar! We have approx 45 people now (16 booked in last 2 days - great sales). We are doing the Gazebo ceremony and hiring the mariachis. Dinner at the Italian restaurant (private event) with a DJ and tequila bar for **kissing** I'll post our travel mugs - just got them in.

 

I've never stayed in this area of Mexico so if anyone has any advise, excursion ideas etc fire away :) .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barefoot in the sand- How did the site visit go? Which part of the resort do you plan to get married at? I haven't run across the list of drinks, but that sounds like a fun idea!

 

NorthernGirl- How exciting, only 2 weeks to go! Best wishes to you. The tequila bar sounds like a great idea!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Northern Girl -you must be so excited. The tequila bar sounds cool, we are thinking about a cigar roller.

 

I have a list of excursions and things on our wedding website. finleychierchie.com

 

But this site is also a good idea. Riviera Maya Tours, Activities and Excursions

 

Xel-Ha and Tulum was a WHOLE day experience, it was really cool, but I think X-Carat is closer. Lots of fun things out there, and Playa Del Carmen (town) is great too, for shopping and the whole experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks so much, I'm glad you think the tequila bar is a good idea...I've had mixed reviews from my friends...but its us! We are pretty casual people. Actually having painted tin buckets at the ceremony - as my married name will be "BEACH" we painted Beach wedding and the date....will have cold coronas and waters at the ends of the aisles.

 

Thank you so much for the excursion information - you know I put excursion information on our website as well but without ever being to this area of Mexico ourselves I have no idea what is recommended. Seems like a lot to do! derekandkyla.weddingwindow.com

 

 

 

 

IMG_2295.zip

ceremony buckets.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...