Jump to content

Photo

2010 Iberostar Weddings


  • Please log in to reply
563 replies to this topic

#461 lisanicole

lisanicole
  • Newbie
  • 67 posts

    Posted 07 May 2010 - 04:39 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lindobride14
    Hi all-

    Anyone past/future Lindo brides mind telling me what rates you paid for a 7 nt stay? We are about to send out save the dates w/ pricing info and the current rate is 1329 (not including airfare) Is this comparable to what anyone else paid? Seems a bit high . . .
    My brother and his girlfriend just booked on Monday... 1520 for 7 nights including airfare at the Maya. Airfare from NY (JFK).

    #462 Lindobride14

    Lindobride14
    • Jr. Member
    • 279 posts

      Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:51 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by lisanicole
      My brother and his girlfriend just booked on Monday... 1520 for 7 nights including airfare at the Maya. Airfare from NY (JFK).
      Thanks -- that's a good barometer. I think ours are still a bit high because we're about eight months out. Must say they have come down quite a bit since April so hopefully that continues :o)

      Did you do a fixed rate from the Maya or are your guests booking individually?

      #463 FutureMoreno

      FutureMoreno
      • Newbie
      • 92 posts

        Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:18 PM

        Lindobride 14. We got our 7 nights at $1170 Our travel agent was great. Since we got our trip thru apple vacations our ta could give us best price guarantee. The trip started out around $1600 then down to $1300 then down to $1170 each for 2 adults standard room leaving from ord for 7 nights. Hope that helps

        #464 lisanicole

        lisanicole
        • Newbie
        • 67 posts

          Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:52 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lindobride14
          Thanks -- that's a good barometer. I think ours are still a bit high because we're about eight months out. Must say they have come down quite a bit since April so hopefully that continues :o)

          Did you do a fixed rate from the Maya or are your guests booking individually?
          Most of my guests are booking through destinationweddings.com. Iberostar just had a big fall sale (45% off reg rates) and everyone who booked received a credit due to the sale.

          #465 Lindobride14

          Lindobride14
          • Jr. Member
          • 279 posts

            Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:48 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by FutureMoreno
            Lindobride 14. We got our 7 nights at $1170 Our travel agent was great. Since we got our trip thru apple vacations our ta could give us best price guarantee. The trip started out around $1600 then down to $1300 then down to $1170 each for 2 adults standard room leaving from ord for 7 nights. Hope that helps
            Wow, what a great price! Ours is right at about 1650 w/ air right now (from ORD as well) We are going through Travel Impressions which does price matching with Apple, Funjet, etc, so I hope we get as lucky as you guys!

            Is that non-stop airfare? Do you remember how many months out the rates started dropping?

            #466 finleys7

            finleys7
            • Member
            • 703 posts

              Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:52 PM

              Hi ladies, thanks for the well wishes. Yeah I'm a Mrs.

              The resort and wedding was amazing. The flowers, the food...everything. There were multiple hiccups but I totally didn't let my mood be ruined, I was actually a very relaxed bride. Due to wind, they moved a wedding in the chapel the night of the rehearsal, set us off about 30-40 minutes...no worries... =)
              I was late and lost the English speaking judge...had to have it translated and they forgot to do the exchange of rings...no worries...we really let everything slide and had a blast. The DJ was GREAT, and Claudia (photog) was AMAZING. She held us together....

              I will write my full review within the week, things are still a little hectic.

              Things fall into place and if it doesn't...you shouldn't worry...that was my theme and we had the best time of our lives!!!!
              Shannon

              YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
              Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

              #467 FutureMoreno

              FutureMoreno
              • Newbie
              • 92 posts

                Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:18 PM

                Lindobride14. Yes it Is a nonstop flight. The prices did not really start to down until march which was 4 mos out from our trip. I was pretty happy with the price we did get so just keep checking the prices periodically to make sure they will match it at the low end of prices. Good luck W/ planning.

                Shannon congrats! Glad to hear it all went well for the most part but I will try to follow ur advice and not stress. I m sure that great attitude helped. U looked beautiful. Can't wait to hear the full review...

                #468 Lindobride14

                Lindobride14
                • Jr. Member
                • 279 posts

                  Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:00 PM

                  Thanks for the info futuremoreno.
                  We are ok w/ the current price. Any rate drop will be a welcome surprise.

                  I can tell some friends/family are worried about the $ though. You want to tell them don't worry the rates will most likely come down, but then you don't since you can't guarantee they will and you also don't want people waiting till the last min to book despite what u tell them about the pricematching guarantee -- such a Catch 22.

                  Shannon- Congratulations, newlywed!!! Glad u were able to handle the inevitable little hiccups with grace & look at the big picture, something I can only aspire to. You looked fabulous! love, love, LOVE your dress!

                  #469 LDeeken

                  LDeeken
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 200 posts

                    Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:37 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by finleys7
                    Hi ladies, thanks for the well wishes. Yeah I'm a Mrs.

                    The resort and wedding was amazing. The flowers, the food...everything. There were multiple hiccups but I totally didn't let my mood be ruined, I was actually a very relaxed bride. Due to wind, they moved a wedding in the chapel the night of the rehearsal, set us off about 30-40 minutes...no worries... =)
                    I was late and lost the English speaking judge...had to have it translated and they forgot to do the exchange of rings...no worries...we really let everything slide and had a blast. The DJ was GREAT, and Claudia (photog) was AMAZING. She held us together....

                    I will write my full review within the week, things are still a little hectic.

                    Things fall into place and if it doesn't...you shouldn't worry...that was my theme and we had the best time of our lives!!!!
                    Yeah!!!! I'm so glad everything was so wonderful for you. My fiancee just asked me the other day if I was going to be okay if things didn't go perfectly. I told him that as long as they don't bring me some wacky color flowers or something I'll probably just roll with the punches!

                    I can't wait to see more pics! You looked beautiful and I'm sure Claudia took even more amazing pictures!!!

                    Congrats again!! =)

                    #470 klc52379

                    klc52379
                    • Newbie
                    • 48 posts

                      Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:41 PM

                      Congrats Shannon! Glad to hear that everything went well. Can't wait to hear your review once you get settled! You looked beautiful & so happy in your pic :)




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users