Jump to content

Photo

2010 Iberostar Weddings


  • Please log in to reply
563 replies to this topic

#441 Lindobride14

Lindobride14
  • Jr. Member
  • 279 posts

    Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:06 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ILuvSaalsaa
    Hi Leah,
    Very cool that we are getting married the same week! Maybe we will run into each other! I haven't worked with Karla at all, only Mayra and Lily. They had me fill out the request form, but then they emailed me back saying that cannot guarantee anything. I know they are trying to do their best. I guess I was just frustrated because anything I've said I'd like to have is either not available or double the price, because it's not standard. For example, red calla lilies instead of white. It's so difficult communicating through email. I'm slowly learning to just be flexible. What I really want more than anything is BEAUTIFUL WEATHER!!!
    Strange coincidence that you mentioned the flowers b/c I came to this thread with the purpose of asking you all what your experience has been with flowers.

    I am doing the Dream package which includes the bouquet and boutenniere. I figured that if you want something on the more expensive side like orchids they'd nickel and dime you. I want a pretty large cascading bouquet with orchids and roses like this:

    Here's a close-up:
    Click the image to open in full size.


    This is the shape (I wouldn't do it quite as large)
    Click the image to open in full size.


    Any idea how much extra they'd charge? What are they quoting you all for your bouquets? Anyone actually meet/correspond with the florist or do you have to go through the WC?

    #442 sunset78

    sunset78
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,280 posts

      Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:45 PM

      With the wedding package the bouquet for bride and botoninere for groom is included. I didn't pay extra for orchids. Other flowers they offered were stargazers, lilies, gerbera daisy, Casablanca, delphiniums, roses, etc.

      Here was my bouquet (stargazers, white calla lilies, orange lilies, green orchids... no extra fees, it was all incuded in the package)

      Click the image to open in full size.

      My DH has an orchid was well as his botoniere.


      I had to pay for extra botonieres (for BM, his dad, my dad), corsages (his mom, my mom), a bouquet for MOH, and flower for my hair since they were not included in the package. But all the botonieres were orchids and cost me at the time $21 total for 3 (it would have been $21 regardless of the flowers), the corsages were orchids with orange lilies ($30 for 2), and the MOH bouquet was the same as my bouquet but smaller ($20). I had an orcid for my hair ($5).

      Plus I opted for flowers for the canopy which was extra. 3 arrangements for $60 (star gazers, white roses, orchids, orange lilies and 2 other flowers that I can't remember).

      I had orange rose petals for the aisle which also extra ($15)

      These were the Grand prices in 2009.

      #443 sunset78

      sunset78
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,280 posts

        Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:53 PM

        Here is the Lindo/Maya wedding package with extras (not sure if this 2010 pricing though)

        Religious Ceremony * (Not Legal)
        US$1,900 (incl. tax & service charge)


        Minister Fees
        Wedding organization and personalization of our wedding coordinator
        Decoration of the wedding venue
        Bride’s bouquet
        Groom’s boutonniere
        Natural floral centerpiece for the head wedding table
        Traditional white frosting Wedding Cake decorated with fresh flowers
        Champagne toast after ceremony
        CD Music for the ceremony
        A bottle of sparkling wine in your room on your wedding day
        Wedding dinner at one of our A La Carte Restaurants
        Fruit basket and bottle of red wine on wedding couple arrival date
        Two Iberostar honeymooner T-shirts
        This wedding is from 2 up to 10 people.
        When the group is larger than 10 people every extra person has a charge of US$ 18 (incl. tax and service charge) per person.
        Children under the age of 12 years old are free of charge.

        This wedding package is for 2 to 10 people.

        When the group is larger than 10 people the charge is US$ 20 per extra person.
        (Including tax and service charge)

        * This ceremony is performed by a Non-denominational Minister in English, it is not legal neither here nor in your country, it is a symbolic ceremony



        CIVIL BLESSING WEDDING PACKAGE


        Civil (Legal Ceremony)
        US$2,250 (incl. tax & service charge)



        Register fees / Civil Judge *
        Marriage License, Apostille Seal and legal fees
        Wedding organization and personalization of our wedding coordinator
        Decoration of the wedding venue
        Bride’s bouquet
        Groom’s boutonniere
        Natural floral centerpiece for the head wedding table
        Traditional white frosting Wedding Cake decorated with fresh flowers
        Champagne toast after ceremony
        CD Music for the ceremony
        A bottle of sparkling wine in your room on your wedding day
        Wedding dinner at one of our A La Carte Restaurants
        Fruit basket and bottle of red wine on wedding couple arrival date
        Two Iberostar honeymooners T-shirts
        This wedding package is from 2 up to 10 people.
        When the group is larger that 10 people every extra person has a charge of US$ 18 (incl. Tax and service charge) per person.
        Children under the age of 12 years old are free of charge.

        This wedding package is from 2 up to 10 people.

        When the group is larger than 10 people every extra person has a charge of US$20 per person. (Including tax and service charge)



        OPTIONAL SERVICES (NOT INCLUDED)

        Photography / Video*
        Package of 40 photos (15cm x 21cm) US$ 240
        Package of 60 photos (15 cm x 21 cm) US$ 360
        Each extra photo US$ 6
        DVD (Edited approximately 40 min) US$295

        * For more information please contact the Photoshop directly by checking the web site or by e-mailing the address below
        Photo Caribbean or photocaribbean@hotmail.com

        Outside Photographers are NOT allowed **

        Flower
        Bridesmaids bouquet US$ 20
        Buttonhole US$ 7
        Corsage US$ 15
        Flowers for hair US$ 7
        Flower petals US$ 15
        Small centerpiece US$ 15
        Standard centerpiece US$ 20
        Extra flowers for arch US$ 80
        Flower Arrangement for aisle US$ 35
        (Prices based in tropical flowers)

        Live Music (to be paid in cash to the wedding coordinator prior the wedding date)
        Mariachis (45 minutes) US$ 350
        Mexican Trio (45 minutes) US$ 350
        Violinist (45 minutes) US$ 350
        Marimba (45 minutes) US$ 300
        (More musicians available upon request)

        Spa Treatments (our luxury Spa offers an entire world of sensations just for you)
        Brides hairstyle US$ 110
        Manicure US$ 39
        Pedicure US$ 55
        Relaxing Massage – 50 minute US$ 99
        Relaxing Massage – 30 minutes US$ 68

        *Discover at Spa Shop the new Sensual Honeymooners Collection
        ** In case you are interested in having an external photographer or videographer, a fee of US$ 300 must be paid to the Photoshop directly before the wedding day


        SPECIAL EVENTS (NOT INCLUDED)

        Cocktail Party (price per person per hour)

        Cocktail Party for groups larger than 20 people
        Includes international open bar US$ 6 p/p p/h
        Includes international open bar & appetizers US$ 12 p/p p/h


        Aqua Bar "Las Olas * groups larger than 20 people
        Shopping Center Square * groups larger than 40 people
        Includes international open bar US$ 6 p/p p/h
        Includes international open bar & appetizers US$ 12 p/p p/h

        DJ (to be paid in cash) US$ 100

        Galaxy Disco Rental (from 8:30 pm to 10:30 pm) for groups composed by 40 people or more

        Open bar included for 40 people (subject to availability) US$ 500
        DJ (to be paid in cash) US$ 100
        Per extra person US$ 12

        Cocktail party (price per hour). Includes international open bar $ 7 USD pp / ph. Includes international bar and canapés $ 12 USD pp / ph


        Private room ”Los Vitrales” after wedding dinner ( 8.30pm – 10.30pm) including international bar and DJ)


        Groups composed up to 20 people. “Los Vitrales” room renting $ 50 USD. DJ $ 50 USD, includes international open bar, $ 7 USD pp / ph, includes international bar and canapés $ 12 USD pp / ph


        Group composed for more than 20 people, DJ $ 50 USD, includes international open bar $ 7 USD pp / ph, includes international bar and canapés $ 12 USD pp / ph

        Day Pass & Night Pass Prices

        Iberostar Paraiso Maya
        Day Pass for Iberostar Guests US$ 50
        Night Pass for Non-Iberostar Guests (from 6:00 pm until 11:00 pm) US$ 100
        Day Pass for Non- Iberostar Guests US$ 100

        #444 Lindobride14

        Lindobride14
        • Jr. Member
        • 279 posts

          Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:05 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by sunset78
          With the wedding package the bouquet for bride and botoninere for groom is included. I didn't pay extra for orchids. Other flowers they offered were stargazers, lilies, gerbera daisy, Casablanca, delphiniums, roses, etc.

          Here was my bouquet (stargazers, white calla lilies, orange lilies, green orchids... no extra fees, it was all incuded in the package)

          Click the image to open in full size.

          My DH has an orchid was well as his botoniere.


          I had to pay for extra botonieres (for BM, his dad, my dad), corsages (his mom, my mom), a bouquet for MOH, and flower for my hair since they were not included in the package. But all the botonieres were orchids and cost me at the time $21 total for 3 (it would have been $21 regardless of the flowers), the corsages were orchids with orange lilies ($30 for 2), and the MOH bouquet was the same as my bouquet but smaller ($20). I had an orcid for my hair ($5).

          Plus I opted for flowers for the canopy which was extra. 3 arrangements for $60 (star gazers, white roses, orchids, orange lilies and 2 other flowers that I can't remember).

          I had orange rose petals for the aisle which also extra ($15)

          These were the Grand prices in 2009.
          Thanks! Your bouquet was beautiful! That's very reassuring. For some reason I imagined that the options would be very limited for the included bouquet/bout .

          I hear the price for BM bouquets, bouttenieres, corsages have gone up quite a bit (some as much as doubled) but to me it's still a good deal compared to what I'd pay in Chicago.

          #445 ILuvSaalsaa

          ILuvSaalsaa
          • Newbie
          • 9 posts

            Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:25 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Lindobride14
            Thanks! Your bouquet was beautiful! That's very reassuring. For some reason I imagined that the options would be very limited for the included bouquet/bout .

            I hear the price for BM bouquets, bouttenieres, corsages have gone up quite a bit (some as much as doubled) but to me it's still a good deal compared to what I'd pay in Chicago.
            Here's the 2010 Lindo pricing for the "Paradise Blessing" package ($2,250). Regarding flowers, it only includes the bride's bouquet, groom's bouttonniere, and the flowers for the head table. I initially wanted red calla lilies and red roses, but opted for only roses. Even though the first email from the wedding coordinators said that red lilies are available, it doesn't state that they an extra charge. I found out only after they told me it would be extra.

            Email from wedding coordinators:

            Bride’s Bouquet
            Groom’s Bouttonier
            Bride’s maid Bouquet (29 usd each one)
            Small Children’s bouquet (23 usd each one)
            Extra bouttoniers (7 usd each one)
            Extra corsages (12 usd each one)
            Pin or wrist
            Extra centerpieces for pedestal
            (23 usd each one)
            Extra small centerpiece for table (39 usd each one)
            A bag of petals for the carpet
            ( 11 usd each one)
            Flower for the hair (10 usd each one)
            Flowers Arrangement for the arch
            (80 usd each one)

            The available flowers included in the package are the following below:

            Stargazer
            Roses
            Iris
            Gerbera daisy (red, yellow, white, orange, fucsia)
            Lilies (pink, yellow, white, orange, red)
            White Casablanca
            Carnation (red, fucsia, white, yellow, orange, purple)
            Bird of paradise
            Hydrangeas (white, green)
            Delphinium


            "If you have an idea from the type of flowers and colors that you need, just tell us in order to ask for them in advance. (Please send us a picture).

            Let me mention that there are some flowers that have an extra charge due are difficult to find it in the area, below some examples: Tulips and Orchids."


            Here's the response email I received after I told them I'd like red calla lilies:

            "I saw your bouquet option and is so Beautiful Bouquet! I would like to inform you that the orchids & Tulips, Calla lilies in color are not including as flowers option it have an extra charge."

            Bouquet 65 usd

            Boutonniere 10 usd

            Corsage 20 usd

            Bridesmaid bouquet 30 usd


            #446 ILuvSaalsaa

            ILuvSaalsaa
            • Newbie
            • 9 posts

              Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:01 PM

              Is anyone else concerned about the Gulf of Mexico oil spill affecting the Yucatan Peninsula and their wedding? It's devastating the damage already done, but I just read on msnbc.com,

              "As it is now, it's already looking like this could be the worst oil spill since the Valdez," John Hocevar, oceans campaign director for Greenpeace USA, told msnbc.com on Thursday. "It’s quite possible this will end up being worse than the Valdez in terms of environmental impact since it seems like BP will be unable to cap the spill for months." BP's well is spewing about 210,000 gallons of oil a day into the ocean, the Coast Guard estimates. But if the leak is not capped, millions of gallons of oil could spill into the Gulf of Mexico.

              For months? Dumping 210,000 gallons per day!!! Since I know nothing of oil spills, and how they travel, I'm already envisioning black, tarry water bringing dead marine life ashore during my dream wedding! Not to mention the poor animals!

              #447 LDeeken

              LDeeken
              • Jr. Member
              • 200 posts

                Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:35 PM

                That is so funny, I just read and article about that and was wondering the same thing.

                Last year it was swine flu, this year oil!! Hopefully they will get it all figured out!! Fingers crossed!!

                #448 Lindobride14

                Lindobride14
                • Jr. Member
                • 279 posts

                  Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:50 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ILuvSaalsaa
                  Here's the 2010 Lindo pricing for the "Paradise Blessing" package ($2,250). Regarding flowers, it only includes the bride's bouquet, groom's bouttonniere, and the flowers for the head table. I initially wanted red calla lilies and red roses, but opted for only roses. Even though the first email from the wedding coordinators said that red lilies are available, it doesn't state that they an extra charge. I found out only after they told me it would be extra.

                  Email from wedding coordinators:

                  Bride’s Bouquet
                  Groom’s Bouttonier
                  Bride’s maid Bouquet (29 usd each one)
                  Small Children’s bouquet (23 usd each one)
                  Extra bouttoniers (7 usd each one)
                  Extra corsages (12 usd each one)
                  Pin or wrist
                  Extra centerpieces for pedestal
                  (23 usd each one)
                  Extra small centerpiece for table (39 usd each one)
                  A bag of petals for the carpet
                  ( 11 usd each one)
                  Flower for the hair (10 usd each one)
                  Flowers Arrangement for the arch
                  (80 usd each one)

                  The available flowers included in the package are the following below:

                  Stargazer
                  Roses
                  Iris
                  Gerbera daisy (red, yellow, white, orange, fucsia)
                  Lilies (pink, yellow, white, orange, red)
                  White Casablanca
                  Carnation (red, fucsia, white, yellow, orange, purple)
                  Bird of paradise
                  Hydrangeas (white, green)
                  Delphinium


                  "If you have an idea from the type of flowers and colors that you need, just tell us in order to ask for them in advance. (Please send us a picture).

                  Let me mention that there are some flowers that have an extra charge due are difficult to find it in the area, below some examples: Tulips and Orchids."


                  Here's the response email I received after I told them I'd like red calla lilies:

                  "I saw your bouquet option and is so Beautiful Bouquet! I would like to inform you that the orchids & Tulips, Calla lilies in color are not including as flowers option it have an extra charge."

                  Bouquet 65 usd

                  Boutonniere 10 usd

                  Corsage 20 usd

                  Bridesmaid bouquet 30 usd
                  WOW- Thanks for all the info!

                  #449 LDeeken

                  LDeeken
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 200 posts

                    Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:08 PM

                    Shannon I know you are not checking this today, but I wanted to let you know I was thinking about you on your wedding day!! I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear how perfect you wedding was!!! Congrats!!

                    #450 klc52379

                    klc52379
                    • Newbie
                    • 48 posts

                      Posted 01 May 2010 - 02:42 PM

                      I don't know if anyone was watching My Fair Wedding today (I get sucked into anything that's a marathon), but there was a wedding with a couple that was originally going to Mexico but changed their mind. Everything was gorgeous and gave me some ideas!! I'm sure it will be replayed a million times.

                      Lindobride - if you could send me anything that would be great - klc52379@yahoo.com




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users