Photo

2010 Iberostar Weddings

• Please log in to reply
563 replies to this topic

#321 finleys7

finleys7
  • 703 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:52 PM

Ladies----I got my proofs back from my BD shoot. I am so excited I want to show him...but I have to wait for 2 1/2 months. UGH!!!!

Here is a teaser:
    Click the image to open in full size.
    Shannon

YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
    Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

#322 mmshaughness

mmshaughness
    • 155 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:26 PM

Your pictures look beautiful! I'm trying to figure out how I could get some taken for FI - one of my co-workers took our engagement photos and I don't know if I feel comfortable with her taking BD pics :)

One idea regarding place cards, if you aren't a fan of the simple folded "table tents", you could cut slits into wine corks and use those as standing for the place cards (or something else along these lines). Ive seen that done before and it looks really nice!

#323 finleys7

finleys7
      • 703 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:38 PM

mmshaughness - I think you should definitely try and find someone in the area. It was so great and empowering. She made me fill beautiful and was so easy to work with. I wish you lived closer because I would tell you to book Jen right away!!!

Sometimes a friend/co-worker can be uncomfortable in these cases. Does the photographer you used have BD experience?
        Shannon

Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

#324 Emmers

Emmers
        • 178 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:26 PM

Finleys,

Stop booking people to your wedding!! We are trying to catch up but every time we get close, you book more!

2 months till Mexicana Air! Can't wait to see you in Mexico!!!

#325 amyrot

amyrot
          • 188 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:13 PM

Shannon, hot picture! Love it!

I will check oriental trading!

Got my cake topper on www.etsy.com....its so gorgeous!

#326 LDeeken

LDeeken
            • 200 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:10 PM

Shannon that is such a cool pic! What are BD pictures? I have never heard of that before? Congrats on having so many people book!! We are up to 28 but are hoping for more once the invites go out. We are working on those now and I can't wait to share!!

#327 finleys7

finleys7
              • 703 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:58 PM

Emmers - I am still laughing over here. I think we are all done...maybe 1 or 2 more couples...but total 69 people at 37 rooms. Last day for RSVP is Feb. 28th

Leah - BD stands for Boudoir Shoot, it's a lingerie-esque type of photo shoot. Check out my photographers site at Beautiful and Affordable Photography

I loved the shoot, it was so much fun and I can't wait to give this to FI on our wedding day as my gift =)
                Shannon

#328 LDeeken

LDeeken
                • 200 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:09 AM

Thanks for explaining Shannon =) That sounds really fun! Not sure I could get up the guts to do that, but I'm sure my fiance would like it!!

#329 Emmers

Emmers
                  • 178 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:49 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by finleys7
                    Emmers - I am still laughing over here. I think we are all done...maybe 1 or 2 more couples...but total 69 people at 37 rooms. Last day for RSVP is Feb. 28th

Leah - BD stands for Boudoir Shoot, it's a lingerie-esque type of photo shoot. Check out my photographers site at Beautiful and Affordable Photography

I loved the shoot, it was so much fun and I can't wait to give this to FI on our wedding day as my gift =)
                    Ha! Thanks! I think we're at 62 booked right now, and invitations just went out. We think 62 will be our number, but we may get a few surprises in there. Your BD photo is beautiful by the way.

#330 amyrot

amyrot
                    • 188 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:13 AM

YOu guys all have a lot of people coming! that is awesome. We are up to 24, including us. I don't think there will be many more.

So, I was wondering why on this forum and others so many people are packing up centerpieces to bring.
                      Then, I got the prices from Mayra last night. The cheapest thing is $65. NO freaking way. And I'm not bringing the stuff I've bought already for my AHR. So..I wrote her back and said I'm not doing any of that. I will pack up some candles or something and call it a day. I'm already doing all this planning for my home reception! My centerpieces are big hurricane globes with tall pillar candles, sea glass, sand, and shells. I am not packing that crap!
                      Does anyone know any place to get some realistic looking flower petals? They charge you even for that. I was thinking some simple lit candles with some scattered bright pink petals or something might do. Honestly I don't think anyone is going to notice w/only 24 people going. We are doing a big 200 people AHR and I already have all my ducks in a row for that.
                      I still need to find clear luggage tags. Shannon I checked OT and I guess theirs are clear but only in the front. You can't use both sides of a business card or anything....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users