Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleys7 View Post
The difference is the the amount of people and the restaurant in which you are using. We are doing the private in the Italian, which used to be the Tropical. The Tropical had steak on the menu which is why I fought for steak rather than lamb chops or veal. It switched after I have booked, so they are honoring the old meat menu option.

I hope that helps clear some things up. I know the more you have and with a private dinner it needs to be a set menu.
I'm the Italian restaurant too though Shannon, so maybe the difference is in the amount of people? I don't know how many- maybe 30. not sure yet. I know you are having a lot Shannon- Lisanicole- how about you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok Ladies...so as of tonight- WEd....this is what Mayra said. I copied/pasted this specific request for placecards, which was in response to my question about a rehearsal dinner

 

Upon arrival I need you to give me the place cards in order to make the arrangements with the restaurant.

 

Through the place cards the chef and the waiters will be aware of who ordered which menu according to the list and it will be easier to identify them at the restaurant. Leave it in our hands!

 

 

 

For example,

 

 

 

ROBERT

 

Beef plate

 

 

 

ANNE

 

Chicken Grilled

 

 

 

In the case it is a little hard to find the option for every one of your guest we will suggest to choose ONE of the best option for you from the menu.

 

so...that was pretty clear! I just wanted to make sure, she probably thinks I'm nuts. So I will need placecards for both nights so now I need to find some placecard holders....but well not yet cause we don't have all the responses!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyrot View Post
I'm the Italian restaurant too though Shannon, so maybe the difference is in the amount of people? I don't know how many- maybe 30. not sure yet. I know you are having a lot Shannon- Lisanicole- how about you?
I am having between 40-55. Its hard to tell how many people are going to actually come! We are inviting 115 but I think 1/2 will not come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDeeken View Post
Emmers - Thank you so much for sending that over. I cannot believe how expensive the manicures/pedicures are!! I was really hoping to take all of my bridesmaid on the morning of the wedding, but I don't know if I'll be able to swing that.
Ldeeken - No problem, and my sentiment exactly. I was thinking of taking my bridesmaids as well until it was more than twice what I expected. It's way overpriced! Instead, I'm sort of thinking of just giving them all gift certificates to their local mani/pedi place and taking the other couple ones in my area to get them done together before we all head down. That way they can come down to Mexico with freshly painted fingers and toes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We can't choose (1) meal for everyone. So they gave us (2) options - Steak and Fish (Grouper) and if people don't eat either, to let her know. Like Chicken or vegans.

QUOTE]

 

Finleys - You really lucked out that you got to score the pre-changed-menu-option. It would have been nice to offer steak to our guests, but we had to choose between lamb/veal for meat and grouper/salmon for fish. Like you, we're letting them know if anyone has restrictions outside of these options.

 

Also like you, due to the expected number of guests, they are allowing two choices instead of one.

 

Have you heard anything about needing placecards? We will probably use them for tables, but I hadn't considered putting their dinner choice on them until all of these recent comments I've seen on this forum. So I reached out to the WC to inquire, but I have not yet heard back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmers View Post
Ldeeken - No problem, and my sentiment exactly. I was thinking of taking my bridesmaids as well until it was more than twice what I expected. It's way overpriced! Instead, I'm sort of thinking of just giving them all gift certificates to their local mani/pedi place and taking the other couple ones in my area to get them done together before we all head down. That way they can come down to Mexico with freshly painted fingers and toes.
Yeah, I think I might just offer to pay for their pedicures and then if they want a manicure too they can pay for it on their own.

I just really want everyone to go to the spa on the morning of the wedding!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDeeken View Post
Shannon - I think we are going to do Brownies from the Ah Cacao store in Playa Del Carmen. I saw that another Iberostar bride had done that and I thought it would be a great idea. Also, this would be something we could get once we get to Mexico so we don't have to transport something else.

My Mom had the idea of having the chocolates delivered to the guest's rooms while they are all at the reception. Then when they return to their rooms they will have a thank you note with a brownie waiting for them! Reyna at the Del Mar said it would be no trouble to have them delivered, just $.50 per room charge.

I think we are also going to make a donation to a charity on behalf of our guests.
LDeeken - We were planning on doing the same thing with the chocolates or cocoas from Ah Cacao. Do you know if they do any sort of delivery to the hotel? I googled their locations the other day, and they are located in some nearby hotels, but I wasn't exactly sure if they'll deliver (even if for a fee) or if we have to pick it up. I'll probably just contact them and ask, but figured I'd check here in case you knew anything. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Emmers, I wasn't even thinking about place card until Amy had mentioned it.

 

Karla and Reyna haven't said anything, I guess it can't hurt. But it's just another thing to worry about. When people get assigned a table they don't get assigned a seat. how will they know who is sitting where. Unless if we put the name and table number on the card and flip it over with the meal choice...it's still not that viewable.

 

I am going to wait this one out, until she says something...UGH!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by finleys7 View Post
Emmers, I wasn't even thinking about place card until Amy had mentioned it.

Karla and Reyna haven't said anything, I guess it can't hurt. But it's just another thing to worry about. When people get assigned a table they don't get assigned a seat. how will they know who is sitting where. Unless if we put the name and table number on the card and flip it over with the meal choice...it's still not that viewable.

I am going to wait this one out, until she says something...UGH!
Finleys - We're in luck, I think it was a Lindo thing. I contacted Karla/Reyna about it, since we are also at the Italian Restaurant. We were informed/confirmed that they just need a total count. No need to do individual place cards, so one less detail to worry about!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmers View Post
Finleys - We're in luck, I think it was a Lindo thing. I contacted Karla/Reyna about it, since we are also at the Italian Restaurant. We were informed/confirmed that they just need a total count. No need to do individual place cards, so one less detail to worry about!
Lucky! I think too because Shannon has two meal choices, so if you tell them 35 of one and 35 of another meal, they know what they have to make. I guess with 4 meal choices they might need more of a confirmation, but I still don't know why they need actual CARDS. I wasn't planning to do a seating chart.... I just thought of that now. UGH! I have no idea what the table/seating arrangement is. Maybe I will have the cards arranged very simply on some sort of small table. People can grab their card when they walk into the restaurant, and then place it at whatever spot they chose. Then the waiter can simply come around and check which meal belongs to which person so they can set it down at the right spot. I want people to sit where they want! I dont' want to be so controlling. I have the AHR for that! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×