Sign in to follow this  

Emmers - Thank you so much for sending that over. I cannot believe how expensive the manicures/pedicures are!! I was really hoping to take all of my bridesmaid on the morning of the wedding, but I don't know if I'll be able to swing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyrot View Post
Hey ladies.....my mom is here as we speak writing our addresses on the envelopes! We are going to send them out soon so I can remind people to book soon. We have 18 people booked including us!

QUESTION: Ok,...so as I understand, anything over 25 people you need to order from a fixed menu. I was told last week that I have to figure out the choices, and bring placecards that indicate the choice of the person's meal.

Is this info all what you guys have been told? Seems right to me, but now I'm just shopping around and looking for placecard holders. I want to have a group dinner the night before as well, sort of a 'rehearsal' dinner w/out the rehearsal ! So I'm wondering should I buy one set of placecard holders and use them twice..... is that totally cheesy?! probably! lol...
For us, they were going to make us have a fixed menu with 12 people, but we managed to get away from that by splitting up the tables.

And the rehearsal dinner for us... was just a dinner and nothing else. We really didn't know what to expect the WC didn't tell us anything, just booked the restaurant.

So I don't know what it's like for others, but this my experience at the Grand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole View Post
Is anyone having a private dinner reception? If so, where are you having it? Also, I was given four menus to chose from or a beach buffet. Has anyone chose the dinner they will have?
We are having the private reception at the Italian restaurant. Because we are around 65 + people we needed a pre-fix menu, but I told them that's not an option. We can't choose (1) meal for everyone. So they gave us (2) options - Steak and Fish (Grouper) and if people don't eat either, to let her know. Like Chicken or vegans.

So far all the RSVPs have chosen one or the other....

I wasn't aware this was even an option! I tried to negotiate to have 2 choices for my guests and the only thing i was about to get was a vegetarian option and a meat option! I think I will try again. Good info ladies

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleys7 View Post
We are having the private reception at the Italian restaurant. Because we are around 65 + people we needed a pre-fix menu, but I told them that's not an option. We can't choose (1) meal for everyone. So they gave us (2) options - Steak and Fish (Grouper) and if people don't eat either, to let her know. Like Chicken or vegans.

So far all the RSVPs have chosen one or the other....

See now why did she tell me 4 choices for the italian place? but she wouldn't confirm them for me yet?
I wonder if its just a difference between the individual resorts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset78 View Post
For us, they were going to make us have a fixed menu with 12 people, but we managed to get away from that by splitting up the tables.

And the rehearsal dinner for us... was just a dinner and nothing else. We really didn't know what to expect the WC didn't tell us anything, just booked the restaurant.

So I don't know what it's like for others, but this my experience at the Grand.
good to know- i did email on Sunday asking about the rehearsal dinner, but no answer yet! So much conflicting information!

Quote:
See now why did she tell me 4 choices for the italian place? but she wouldn't confirm them for me yet?
I wonder if its just a difference between the individual resorts?

I also received four choices. My wedding coodinator says he has an email stating that I can chose between four different menu's each with four selections as main course. I am so confused!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole View Post
I also received four choices. My wedding coodinator says he has an email stating that I can chose between four different menu's each with four selections as main course. I am so confused!
well you know what though it makes more sense now because I see you are at the Maya and I'm at the Lindo, so the other girls are del mar/paraiso beach. That must just be the difference- different facilities.

Did they tell you to have the choices made when you come on placecards?

Quote:
well you know what though it makes more sense now because I see you are at the Maya and I'm at the Lindo, so the other girls are del mar/paraiso beach. That must just be the difference- different facilities.

Did they tell you to have the choices made when you come on placecards?
No they did not. I was told that guests can chose at the reception. I hope this does not change as the wedding gets closer.

The difference is the the amount of people and the restaurant in which you are using. We are doing the private in the Italian, which used to be the Tropical. The Tropical had steak on the menu which is why I fought for steak rather than lamb chops or veal. It switched after I have booked, so they are honoring the old meat menu option.

I hope that helps clear some things up. I know the more you have and with a private dinner it needs to be a set menu.