Congrats, KLC! When I faxed mine over, I didn't hear back for a bit, so I called and Reyna said she never rec'd it. So you may want to call just to ensure they have it :)

They sent me the spa prices, not too bad for the brides package: Test Hairstyle, Hairstyle on day of wedding, Makeup, and French Manicure for 270

But -- for just a special occassion style (for the BM's) it's 95 and makeup is 96! I think $200 is crazy. I pay half that in Chicago. I was planning on treating my 8 BM's but cannot afford that.

Can anyone recommend an outside person for this? It'd be worth paying the guest pass with those rates.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that's a lot of money! Did you check out the vendor section on here to see if there's anyone? For the make up, do you think any of your girls will just do their own? I was going to pick up items for mine when Clinique or Lancome do their free gift with purchase to get some extra goodies. Also, Carson's has the goodwill sale sometime in the fall when you can actually use a coupon on cosmetics.

Thankfully my oldest sister is a stylist, so she's going to do everyone's hair. I'll just make sure to give her a nicer gift :)

I thought I would do the girls hair and makeup and it just ended up being a lot. Plus I got them Coach wristlets and other gifts. So I paid for my mom and sister (MOH).

I would check the vendor sites...maybe someone from the Cancun area will come in. I think I read somewhere there was a Mac girl in Cancun...

Alexandro Makeup was recommended by someone on the forum. Their prices are 65 for hair and 95 for both (with a discount he gave me)

Some girls will probably choose to do their own makeup. I am thinking of covering the cost of their hair and then letting them decide if they want to get their makeup done for another 30.

We'll see. I am already getting them their jewelry and a monogrammed travel cosmetic/toiletry case.

The kicker with using Alexandro is that he would be bringing 4 stylists/artists, so that would be $400 in guest passes, right? Sure wish there was a way around that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindobride14 View Post
Hi all-

Anyone past/future Lindo brides mind telling me what rates you paid for a 7 nt stay? We are about to send out save the dates w/ pricing info and the current rate is 1329 (not including airfare) Is this comparable to what anyone else paid? Seems a bit high . . .
that is pretty much the going rate. I originally paid $1700 plus $398 for air. However...I did get $800 back because it went on sale! So basically it was $400 off a person which would put you around $1300

hey ladies...I have not been on here in months due to much stress and many changes...My fiance got a different job and we have to move from RI to Mass, where he is from. ITs a police job so theres a residency requirement and we have a deadline to move. Long story short..I rented out my house after not being able to sell it quick enough, and all of our stuff is in storage. We will be moving to Kevin's property he owns, but that too is rented becasuse he had moved to my house. So we are at my parents house until his tenants lease is up. Lets just say its been a very stressful few months.

at any rate, my wedding is in 53 days! I feel NOT ready. SHANNON...congratulations. I am going to read your review.

I am sad cause I'm using the hotel photographer and everyone keeps saying how terrible they are.

I'm in the process of confirming reservations for the Italian restaurant for our wedding night and the Steakhouse for the rehearsal dinner. We are not doing a reception since we are having a huge one in August and we are paying for every dime of every thing.

I have my fitting next weekend...and I still have to make luggage tags. I feel like I have so much to do. I also need to order mugs for poolside...

Amy - I wouldn't worry about the pictures if you are doing an AHR in August. They do a decent job but don't advie where to stand and whatnot. If you bring a list of pictures to take and where...then it will be easier.

No worries...that's the theme here. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleys7 View Post
Amy - I wouldn't worry about the pictures if you are doing an AHR in August. They do a decent job but don't advie where to stand and whatnot. If you bring a list of pictures to take and where...then it will be easier.

No worries...that's the theme here. =)
I'm not too worried, I really don't think they can totally mess them up to be honest with you. I guess time will tell. We are doing pictures at home too so that will be good. Its comiing up so fast. I can't imagine how you feel with it already having passed! like a whirlwind!

Amy we are using resort photographer too. I have seen their work and I am not worried. We would have liked to use an outside photog but now we suprisingly have 60 guests so that is just not in our budget anymore. U can't get scenery like that at home. So we will just have to be prepared w/ our list of shots that we want. No worries right?! Happy planning. We get married 2 weeks from tomorrow!