Hey ladies.....my mom is here as we speak writing our addresses on the envelopes! We are going to send them out soon so I can remind people to book soon. We have 18 people booked including us!

QUESTION: Ok,...so as I understand, anything over 25 people you need to order from a fixed menu. I was told last week that I have to figure out the choices, and bring placecards that indicate the choice of the person's meal.

Is this info all what you guys have been told? Seems right to me, but now I'm just shopping around and looking for placecard holders. I want to have a group dinner the night before as well, sort of a 'rehearsal' dinner w/out the rehearsal ! So I'm wondering should I buy one set of placecard holders and use them twice..... is that totally cheesy?! probably! lol...

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Britt - We are hoping to have our invites out by the end of February beginning of March. Since we sent Save the Dates out in September people already have access to our website with all the information. However, I think more people will actually start booking once they have to respond to an invite. Just curious, where do you teach??

Amy-I did hear that about more than 25 people, but I didn't know we had to find out what they wanted to eat. That seems like kind of a pain. Let us know what the WC says.

Also, does anyone know the cost of a Manicure and/or Pedicure?

Britt...we keep looking at the invitations (lol) I don't know about my shower, but my friend and one co-worker said they got the invitation...I told them, it's a SURPRISE don't tell me anymore. I know my mom, sister, bridal party and MIL are working really hard and I don't want to spoil anything. I don't even go on the registry to look at anything =) (which is SOOO hard to not look)

Good Luck with DJ Bob, he wasn't as responsive with me, so that's why we switched, but we are music freaks and wanted a little more control. The DJ we are using as the wireless laptop to download anything if he forgot or anything. DJ Bob only wanted 10 songs we like and would make the rest of the decision and the FI is tooo anal about his music for that to fly... But good luck, I have read good reviews on him.

Amy, I haven't heard anything about a place card holder. That's new to me.

I have about 65 people and I couldn't choose just 1 meal for them so they gave me the option of two - Steak or Fish. So on the RSVPs we added this to the response. So far it's pretty even so I am GLAD for the choice. But I didn't realize I had to identify who's getting what. I would assume the waiters would ask once everyone is seated.

But now, I think I'll ask Karla. =)

If you do use the cards, I don't think it's cheesy to reuse. Maybe you can buy a starfish stamp and for the first dinner have no stamp and the wedding dinner put a stamp in the corner to make them look different. But keep in mind they may get dirty, (drinks, food) if left on the table. Designate someone to collect or just print on cardstock and print both nights. Cardstock is not expensive at all!

Hey Ladies....I"m having trouble copy/pasting the whole email, but here is a part where she mentions the dinner choices. :

I would like to have a list ahead of time (before your arrival) of your guests and their menu of preference. The Chef wants to have everything ready ahead of time. He does not like any last minute rushes.

Upon arrival I need you to give me the place cards in order to make the arrangements with the restaurant.

Through the place cards the chef and the waiters will be aware of who ordered which menu according to the list and it will be easier to identify them at the restaurant. Leave it in our hands!

It makes sense, but unfortunately she told me that she will not give me menu choices until 2-3 months prior. So, I guess I will have to contact everyone via email who is coming, provide them with choices, and get their responses. I assume I have to do this twice if I have a dinner Thurs and Fri the night of the wedding....

I am also just assuming I need something to put these in or on, however my mother said to just get small ones that fold and they can put them right on the place setting. A little boring...but... I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDeeken View Post
Also, does anyone know the cost of a Manicure and/or Pedicure?
LDeeken - Here's another price sheet we received from Iberostar. Only this time, rather than including only the prices for manis & pedis, it includes a list of all their services. Of course, they caveat everything with "subject to change," but it gives you an idea of what you can look to spend.

PRICE LIST SPA 2010.xls

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleys7 View Post
If the Invitations didn't go out yet, you can do this on the bottom of the RSVP with check boxes for your options. We did this and everyone have filled this out so far =)

It's dark, because I took it with my camera phone...but you get the idea.

Click the image to open in full size.
well, she stated in the email that she won't know my meal options until a few months before the wedding. she gave me examples. I'm planning to pick the Italian restaurant because in the example there were 4 choices.

I'm doing my RSVP's online so I could add meal choices, but...I don't have them yet! sad.gif