Vacation in Paradise, Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica

Back from yet another wonderful vacation at Sandals Whitehouse, Jamaica (our first time here was our Wedding in April 200cool.gif. Upon arriving in Jamaica on May 29, 2009, we were directed to the Sandals airport lounge to await transportation to Whitehouse. We enjoyed a Red Stripe while we waited a few moments before boarding the small bus. The ride was pleasant the driver was very knowledgeable about the terrain!

When we arrived at Whitehouse, we were greeted with warm hand towels to wash our hands and a nice welcome drink. We upgraded to Butler service when we arrived and were directed to the Concierge building where we were shown to our wonderful suite (Room 132cool.gif on the corner of third floor of the Italian Village. I cannot say enough about our wonderful room and our view off the balcony of our suite – both were absolutely gorgeous and the proximity to the main pool and almost all of the restaurants made us absolutely lazy. A few short minutes and we were either at the main pool or any of the restaurants – what a great room location!!

Now about what makes this resort truly amazing – the people! We had the most amazing Butlers, Dwayne, Niccola and Basil – who spoiled us rotten and made each day very special. Jumbo shrimp cocktail at the pool or in our room almost everyday, special conch lunch meals prepared for us daily by Mr. Kirk and served to us at the main pool by our Butler were a culinary delight. Chairs with towels were arranged for us daily at the beach and main pool. Reservations at any restaurant were performed by our Butlers so that we never had to wait. Special towel arrangements were made for us in our room every evening and most nights there was a dessert for two awaiting us on our bed. Wonderful flower strewn Jacuzzi baths were drawn for us most days when we came back from the pool or beach to get ready for dinner. Crown Royal was obtained for me at the Martini bar and a bottle was put in our room as that is my poison of choice. Alvan, the Butler manager, even had several cases of Red Stripe Light in the bottle brought in especially for my husband as he does not really care for draft beer. Caveta and Roary at the main pool bar with their wonderfully warm smiles and their slammin†mango daiquiriâ€s they made for me each day. And a wonderful sweet gem named Tamara Coote at the Bayside restaurant always made dining a wonderful experience at this restaurant (she would always bring out some bleu cheese for me if it was not on the buffet during lunch each day for my salad and every morning she would make sure that I had my mangoâ€s for the day). Another wonderful person we enjoyed at Eleanorâ€s restaurant was Kenroy – what a wonderfully nice man!! He always had a smile and a kind word. Christian, one of the playmakers kept us laughing during the day with his games and antics. Delano, our wonderfully funny photographer, played ping pong with my husband and me when requested. He was a lot of fun and he was a great guy to take time out of his busy day to make sure we were entertained!!!!!

This resort has a lot of things to do and see. The daily glass bottom boat rides, the catamarans, scuba diving and snorkeling, water skiing, kayaking, tennis, shuffle board, etc – for anyone that wanted. Zipline tours and excursions were numerous and available at the tour desk. The grounds with the wonderfully fragrant flowers were a joy to walk through. The couples massage at the RedLane Spa with Dwight and Yvonne was amazing. Those two have strong hands and we came out of there feeling truly refreshed and invigorated!! The awesome Caribbean buffet night was truly spectacular. The jerk chicken was well seasoned, smoky and fell off the bone. The local band that played old Jamaican Mento music most nights was a joy to listen to. The piano bar was fun and entertaining. But again, what made this resort spectacular, were the people!!!

It was a sad day when we left the morning of June 13, 2009. We said our goodbyes to our new Sandals friends and got in a mini-van for the ride back to the airport. The driver was nice and talkative and showed us many of the native plants and vegetation of the island. The plane ride back home was uneventful and we arrived safely home. We will never forget our friends and hope to see them once again on our next trip in 2011!

• 2 years later...