Jump to content

Photo

Canadian groups with Sunquest


  • Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 AnnaC

AnnaC
  • Newbie
  • 91 posts

    Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:45 AM

    I'm hoping Westjet will add Jamaica too! lol.

    I have a some guests who are just coming for the weekend and have to fly Air Canada which is fine but pricey for them. I'm hoping the prices come down for the flights before we go.

    #42 Marie

    Marie
    • Newbie
    • 138 posts

      Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:25 AM

      Breeze616........after going though everything, If I had my time back, I would have waited at least until the pricing came out for our dates. Back when we booked-prices weren't out, we had no idea what the schedule was going to be..............

      ....stilll, being a bride tho--6 months seems like its not enough time....altho---as long as your guests know your date, or "around date" then they can budget and prepare for a vacation.......there's so much to consider..........if its just you and a couple of people-then I wait, you dont have to worry....

      I say wait til pricing comes out-...I hink with ror, once you booked you date at the resot tho--you had 3 months to confirm with your booking confirmation......so you could book your wedding now-then get the group going shortly after....research research research!!!

      Good luck!

      #43 breeze616

      breeze616
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,760 posts

        Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:33 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Marie
        Breeze616........after going though everything, If I had my time back, I would have waited at least until the pricing came out for our dates. Back when we booked-prices weren't out, we had no idea what the schedule was going to be..............

        ....stilll, being a bride tho--6 months seems like its not enough time....altho---as long as your guests know your date, or "around date" then they can budget and prepare for a vacation.......there's so much to consider..........if its just you and a couple of people-then I wait, you dont have to worry....

        I say wait til pricing comes out-...I hink with ror, once you booked you date at the resot tho--you had 3 months to confirm with your booking confirmation......so you could book your wedding now-then get the group going shortly after....research research research!!!

        Good luck!
        Thanks Marie, I'm getting married at the Iberostar in Montego Bay, and you dont need to send a confirmation of your trip to book your wedding date, or put down a deposit. I've already booked mine! And getting ready to send out my STDs!

        I'm giving my guests an estimate on the price to travel based on what it costs at the same time of year, this year. I hope that's a good methodology...

        So... sorry if this is a stupid question.. but when does the pricing come out? Around a year before?

        #44 itsfinallyhere

        itsfinallyhere
        • Member
        • 573 posts

          Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:20 PM

          The individual pricing are determined by the companies. Some print their books earlier than other. I think most of the will have it out by summer, so my guess would be to check the individual tour companies and see what price listing they have online. Those tend to come out before the book. Good luck

          #45 breeze616

          breeze616
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,760 posts

            Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:59 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by itsfinallyhere
            The individual pricing are determined by the companies. Some print their books earlier than other. I think most of the will have it out by summer, so my guess would be to check the individual tour companies and see what price listing they have online. Those tend to come out before the book. Good luck
            OK! That's what I've been doing. Thank you!

            #46 sherryl_joy

            sherryl_joy
            • Newbie
            • 45 posts

              Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:53 PM

              My TA advised me that Sunquest will have their Winter 2010/2011 contract rates out this around November/December.

              We were thinking of booking our package around January or February 2010 since our wedding won't be until Nov 2010. She gave us 2009's Winter package rates as $1500 with taxes all in as an idea of what to expect for pricing around that timeframe, with every 17th person free (or maybe it was 11th person, I can't remember)...
              I sure hope it's about the same or better!! We have (hopefully!) about 50-60 guests coming.

              #47 natashakc

              natashakc
              • Newbie
              • 77 posts

                Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:48 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by sherryl_joy
                My TA advised me that Sunquest will have their Winter 2010/2011 contract rates out this around November/December.

                We were thinking of booking our package around January or February 2010 since our wedding won't be until Nov 2010. She gave us 2009's Winter package rates as $1500 with taxes all in as an idea of what to expect for pricing around that timeframe, with every 17th person free (or maybe it was 11th person, I can't remember)...
                I sure hope it's about the same or better!! We have (hopefully!) about 50-60 guests coming.
                Girls, all I can say and I cannot stress it enough....DO NOT let your travel agents/tour companies pressure you into booking so far in advance!! It is absolutely NOT worth it and you will end up screwing yourself and your guests on the price. My fiance and I booked our group travel arrangements in February 2009 for our wedding at Gran Bahia Principe, Punta cana in November 2009. Our travel agent insisted we MUST get thibgs done quickly, or we would lose our spots. WHATEVER!!! Totally not true! So now we are booked at a rate that is much higher than what the trip is going for now, and also all of our guests have to pay the full amount by Sep/07/2007, 2 months before we leave. All I know is I would NEVER use a travel agent again, I would use Itravel 2000, red tag, travelocity, etc. those telephone/online companies are much mroe knowledgeable (from my experience).

                Believe me, I know us brides-to-be are excited and want to get plans arranged and locked down, but it is not necessary to book so far in advance. It very rarely works in your favour.
                Natasha & JoeGran Bahia Principe Bavaro, Punta CanaNovember 16th, 2009http://img.weddingco...vo5osqfalgz.png

                #48 CanadianBride84

                CanadianBride84
                • Newbie
                • 58 posts

                  Posted 19 August 2009 - 06:11 PM

                  We booked in September 08 for our wedding this November, and our TA had to fight with them to get them to lower our taxes. We ended up switching resorts to save some money, since the place we were going we were locked in with, but we could cahnge to a new resort for cheaper. If you can, wait to get better deals.

                  #49 Jefiner

                  Jefiner
                  • Newbie
                  • 119 posts

                    Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:09 AM

                    I am very glad i found this thread. I am right now in the same position... the big decision on what to do. We got a group rate for the Majestic Colonial in DR for $1500 after tax (Cdn). This is a "group rate" that is valid for 14 days. If I do not get 10 people booked within the 14 days we will lose our rate and they cannot gauratnee the same rate. We have been pondering on what to do? Do we wait? We are still 10-11 months away.

                    After reading all these posts, I am going to wait, so i want to say THANK YOU!!

                    #50 misstrae76

                    misstrae76
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 217 posts

                      Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:21 PM

                      ugghh, we were kinda going through the same thing..We have been engaged a year next month and you just want to book ASAP!! It's just so damn exciting! LOL! I have done so much research over the 11 months it's crazy! Comparing prices and trying to find knowledgable TA's that were attentive! We have actually just put our deposit down today!!

                      I was on another thread the other day about sunquest and another one of the BDW brides posted this new promo! And it's good till Oct 15th! Check it out...ask your TA's about it!

                      Sunquest Vacations: Vacation packages to Caribbean | Cuba | Mexico | Costa Rica | Central America




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users