Would you find this tacky?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:06 PM

Yeah, let me find the article...

Here it is: Kendra Goes Antiglam, Keeps It Real for Down-Home Rehearsal Dinner - Yahoo! News

#12 Sita&Nate

Sita&Nate
    • 349 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:08 PM

I think people will appreciate a more relaxed style of a reception rather than the conventional type of wedding reception... just my two cents :)

#13 Preciousmi811

Preciousmi811
      • 342 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:49 PM

I would be totally excited to go!
        One Love

ClubHotel Riu Negril May 14 2010 wedding date. Anyone want to share a photographer? I am flying my photographer out regardless, if you want to split travel cost let me know!!!!

Password: 12345http://gs105.photobu....are_email_albuhttp://tickers.Ticke...m/ezt...b2f9...

#14 march132010

march132010
        • 1,057 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:03 PM

I think its a great idea, were having our AHR in my mom's yard a big cook out--- go for it

#15 JOSIE

JOSIE
          • 1,792 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:07 PM

I would LOVE to go to a Dave and Busters AHR!!!!!! I love that place and i think that's a GREAT idea!

#16 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:19 PM

I think it sounds fun and not tacky at all! As long as it's got the vibe you are going for. I agree that the older people might not enjoy it, but really you can't plan an AHR around the small amount of people. You should focus on what you and your FI would want and then what the majority of your guests would enjoy.

Also, an AHR isn't necessary either. If it's too much stress/$/whatever, just skip it! I ended up having alot of fun at mine, but it took alot of planning/$/time and I was really wishing that we hadn't done it at the time.

#17 Gr8ful

Gr8ful
              • 155 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:23 PM

Totally fun idea and different. I think people would be so excited to go! It's a great idea!

#18 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                • VIP Member
                • 18,452 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:25 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by carly
                  I think it sounds fun and not tacky at all! As long as it's got the vibe you are going for. I agree that the older people might not enjoy it, but really you can't plan an AHR around the small amount of people. You should focus on what you and your FI would want and then what the majority of your guests would enjoy.

Also, an AHR isn't necessary either. If it's too much stress/$/whatever, just skip it! I ended up having alot of fun at mine, but it took alot of planning/$/time and I was really wishing that we hadn't done it at the time.
                  exactly what i would of said except that i didnt end up having an ahr
                  ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                  Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                  Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#19 SDSteph

SDSteph
                  • 812 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:26 PM

I dont think it is tacky at all. I love dave and busters it is soooo much fun and their food is great. Ha! that is way nicer than I am. I am not even paying for AHR.
                    Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#20 emme

emme
                    • 382 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:31 PM

I agree...I think this is an awesome idea!! If anyone other than yourselves was hosting it...then I think certain expectations would need to be met...but since it's all you two...go for it!! Sounds great...and you can't make everyone happy so do what is right for you!!
                      http://tickers.Ticke....d6f6/event.png

Bride + Groom + 44 Amazing Guests...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users