? US Airways &Candles/cake server set 2 check in?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jennie

• 200 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 04:32 PM

Hello ladies!
    I have a question for you that have traveled US Airways:

Have any of you past brides checked in luggage to be placed under the plane that had your candles and/or cake knife server set in them?
    I'm worried that they may look funny when they're scanned through and are in wrapping and a box. I don't want to run into any trouble.
    I know that you have to check certain items, but didn't know if candles and knife server would seem to be a big problem. I plan to bring as carry on, our vases and sand ceremony frame so they don't break, etc....

#2 foxytv

• VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 05:30 PM

Just don't put them in your carry-on luggage and you will be fine.

#3 Kat81

• VIP Member
      • 7,615 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 05:38 PM

I put all kinds of stuff in my checked luggage. I never had a problem. The only thing I carried on was my jewelry, camera and dress.

#4 Jamaica0619

• 475 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:51 PM

I checked candles and cake server without a problem. I agree...just don't put it in the carry-on and you will be fine. Worse case scenario - TSA will open the bag and check it. One of ours was searched (actually it might have been the one with the serving set), but everything in the bag was fine.
          Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#5 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 11:57 PM

you'll be fine if its checked.

If they think it looks suspicious they'll just open it and go through it.

#6 Ceci21

• 44 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 12:41 AM

I work in TSA and recommend that check-in the knife set, which is not allowed through the TSA Security Checkpoint....you can carry on the rest of the items. If you want a complete list of items that can go through the TSA Security Checkpoint click on the link below:

Click the image to open in full size.

#7 Sapphire723

• 888 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:11 AM

I had a lighter confiscated from my checked bag, but my candle was fine.

#8 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 9,504 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:51 AM

The only thing I had confiscated was matches to go with my candles. The TSA left me a little note saying that you can't travel with any type of incendiary device.

#9 Kat81

• VIP Member
                  • 7,615 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 12:23 PM

I had like three boxes of personalized matches. I didn't even think to look if they were allowed. But I made it there with them and home with the box I didn't use. Ooops

#10 jennie

• 200 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:42 AM

Thanks ladies! After your responses, I will def. check in the candles and server set. The rest will come on with us. My dress is NOT going outta my sight! lol I'm bringin down our own center piece glass and sand frame, so i'll have to get some bubble wrap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users