Sign in to follow this  
jennie

? US Airways &Candles/cake server set 2 check in?

Hello ladies!

I have a question for you that have traveled US Airways:

Have any of you past brides checked in luggage to be placed under the plane that had your candles and/or cake knife server set in them?

I'm worried that they may look funny when they're scanned through and are in wrapping and a box. I don't want to run into any trouble.

I know that you have to check certain items, but didn't know if candles and knife server would seem to be a big problem. I plan to bring as carry on, our vases and sand ceremony frame so they don't break, etc....

I put all kinds of stuff in my checked luggage. I never had a problem. The only thing I carried on was my jewelry, camera and dress.

I checked candles and cake server without a problem. I agree...just don't put it in the carry-on and you will be fine. Worse case scenario - TSA will open the bag and check it. One of ours was searched (actually it might have been the one with the serving set), but everything in the bag was fine.

Jennie,

I work in TSA and recommend that check-in the knife set, which is not allowed through the TSA Security Checkpoint....you can carry on the rest of the items. If you want a complete list of items that can go through the TSA Security Checkpoint click on the link below:

TSA: Prohibited Items

Good Luck!

The only thing I had confiscated was matches to go with my candles. The TSA left me a little note saying that you can't travel with any type of incendiary device.

I had like three boxes of personalized matches. I didn't even think to look if they were allowed. But I made it there with them and home with the box I didn't use. Ooops

Thanks ladies! After your responses, I will def. check in the candles and server set. The rest will come on with us. My dress is NOT going outta my sight! lol I'm bringin down our own center piece glass and sand frame, so i'll have to get some bubble wrap.