Photo

Ebay question

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 estella1007

estella1007
  • 475 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:17 PM

I want to order starfish necklaces from ebay. The vendor is in China somewhere, and the necklaces are only $5, with free shipping. This seems too cheap, especially the free shipping from China. Have any of you ordered jewelry from a vendor in China? Maybe I'm being paranoid, but you always hear about peoples Paypal accounts getting hacked or some awful thing happening through ebay. Any tips would be helpful.Thanks!
    This is what I wanted to order...
    925 sterling silver big starfish necklace - eBay (item 170341098339 end time Jul-05-09 10:23:41 PDT)

#2 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
    • 2,777 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:37 PM

i bought mine from ebay from a seller in china I think i spent $7 each and they're great. I can't seem to find the seller i used

#3 **TIFFANY**

**TIFFANY**
      • 343 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:42 PM

I'm pretty sure you're protected by paypal. Those necklaces are really cute. If you decide to order I'd love to hear what you think about them in person.

#4 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
        • 2,777 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:47 PM

here's the seller i ordered from, the necklaces are nice and heavy. i've ordered lots of stuff from china, including my wedding dress!

925 sterling silver big starfish necklace A0107 - eBay (item 220441182609 end time Jun-27-09 00:12:33 PDT)

#5 Princess402

Princess402
          • 737 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:52 PM

I always look at the seller's feedback to determine if it's a risky purchase. In this case, the seller seems to have a lot of feedback and for the most part it is good. If you're still concerned, take some time to scan the feedback for negative comments, and see what those comments are about.

I think this seems like a good find! I may order a few necklaces myself :)

#6 estella1007

estella1007
            • 475 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:00 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jacilynda
              here's the seller i ordered from, the necklaces are nice and heavy. i've ordered lots of stuff from china, including my wedding dress!

925 sterling silver big starfish necklace A0107 - eBay (item 220441182609 end time Jun-27-09 00:12:33 PDT)
              Thanks! I think I will order from the place you used. That way I know the product is good. How were you able to get multiple? I don't see a buy it now option.

#7 blushingbride

blushingbride
              • 366 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:13 PM

I've purchased a few things from sellers in China, and *knock on wood* they've turned out OK thus far. I always check out the detailed feedback and read others' comments to see if the seller is a risk or not. If you do decide to purchase, post back with pics and your review.

#8 BillysBride

BillysBride
                • 1,255 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 09:18 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by estella1007
                  Thanks! I think I will order from the place you used. That way I know the product is good. How were you able to get multiple? I don't see a buy it now option.
                  Normally all you need to do is send them a message letting them know you need multiples. Since it's China, most of the good sellers still respond within 24 hrs...just expect a little bit of lag time. Most combine shipping or set up a an auction for you specifically with the amount of items you want to purchase.
                  Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
                  http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#9 nibsmom

nibsmom
                  • 564 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:04 AM

I've been hunting like crazy for starfish necklaces too!! I came across those and considered ordering them too! They are really cute and a great price!! I didn't because I was worried that the wouldn't come in time before I leave (18 days), and I had read that a lot of ebay sellers from China sell silver plated jewelry as solid silver. I ended up just getting five of these:

18" Sterling Silver .8mm Fine Singapore Necklace 2347 - eBay (item 200346970415 end time Jul-27-09 01:39:41 PDT)

And five of these:

Sterling Silver Star Fish Pendant Charm 5128 - eBay (item 200346980133 end time Jul-27-09 02:38:10 PDT)

They were more expensive, but at least I know I'll get them on time! Hopefully I can get the charms on the chains without having to get jeweler's pliers. gulp!

#10 shellk

shellk
                    • 1,784 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:45 PM

a couple of weeks ago my sister ordered a hoop for her wedding dres for £6 with free shipping from chinait came and everything was/is fine.

like you say its too cheap?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users