Royal Cancun

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#71 Honeylime

Honeylime
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:20 PM

Geniem,

I just posted a message asking you about the size of your travel group, but that was before I read your earlier post (~20). Happy planning. Sounds like you have an awesome travel agent. Please share your secrets for better deals if you don't mind.

=)

#72 Labebita911

Labebita911
    • 303 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:01 PM

Im officially a Royal Cancun Bride!!!!!... WOohoooo just booked my date.  July 14, 2012

Future Mrs. Perez 2012

The Royal Cancun

Cancun, MX

July 14, 2012

Bride and Groom plus

20 Guest Booked and counting...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#73 geniem

geniem
      • 15 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:15 PM

Hi Honeylime!

Yes we are using Air Canada Vacations. We needed a minimum of 10 people booked for the bride and groom first-class seats and for every 10 people after that we get another 2 upgraded seats. That has proven to be a bit awkward because we have 22 right now but don't really expect to get 30 and how do you choose who gets upgraded?? We have talked about having a raffle or a fun sort of a "who knows the couple best trivia game" to give it away but we're going to wait and see what happens in the meantime. If we do get up to 30 people then we'll just put both sets of parents in first class.

I'm not sure where you are located in Canada - our closest international airport is in Calgary, Alberta so that automatically gives us higher prices on any flights than someone that can fly out of say, Toronto. We were able to get guaranteed pricing of $1948 pp/dbl and I think that's pretty darn good considering.

Have you stayed at The Royal before? We were there for a week in 2009 and it was amazing - they spoiled me for any other resorts since then!

#74 Honeylime

Honeylime
        • 28 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:46 AM

Congrats Labebita911 on booking your date.

Geniem, my group will be flying out of Toronto and the quote I got back from our TA is $1549pp/dbl with Air Canada vacations as well. So hubby and I are upgrading to the Masters swim-up suite for $2113. I gotta scramble out the door to meet my girls for sushi (and getting my first wedding gift...super early, i know). I'll catch up with you later.

#75 Labebita911

Labebita911
          • 303 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:43 AM

I was wondering what photographer is everyone using or has used. im on a budget and was considering either going with Luz Maria Avila or Ismael Pacheco who are in my price range... any reviews on therse??

thanks!!!!!

Future Mrs. Perez 2012

The Royal Cancun

Cancun, MX

July 14, 2012

Bride and Groom plus

20 Guest Booked and counting...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#76 bondgirl0072010

bondgirl0072010
            • 789 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:03 PM

Congratulations! Cancun is fabulous! ~Chelsea

Im officially a Royal Cancun Bride!!!!!... WOohoooo just booked my date.  July 14, 2012

#77 Honeylime

Honeylime
              • 28 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:30 PM

Just wondering, is anyone spending an extra couple of days in Mexico for their honeymoon after their wedding? I figure since my FI and I will be on that side of the world, we may as well go out an explore it a bit. My biggest concern would be traveler safety. Anyone able to suggest some can't miss or cool places to visit? Thanks for any ideas =)

#78 bondgirl0072010

bondgirl0072010
                • 789 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:41 PM

Hey Honeylime!

I was married last year in Puerto Morelos (Riviera Maya) and there's definitely a lot to do (although we didn't take advantage of that when we were there). We're returning this November for my Trash the Dress session but we'll be staying in Playa del Carmen this time. There are cenotes (underwater caves) that you can explore (I'm including a Del Sol link to show you what they do in cenotes and what I'll be doing in Nov! http://delsolphotogr...rash-The-Dress. This time we'll be splitting our time into two places. The first will be

Just wondering, is anyone spending an extra couple of days in Mexico for their honeymoon after their wedding? I figure since my FI and I will be on that side of the world, we may as well go out an explore it a bit. My biggest concern would be traveler safety. Anyone able to suggest some can't miss or cool places to visit? Thanks for any ideas =)

#79 Honeylime

Honeylime
                  • 28 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:53 PM

Ooh Chelsea,

Thanks for those ideas. I'll definitely look into it. Beautiful picture of of the foot jewelery underwater btw.

For any one looking into travel info/safety in Mexiso, I found this thread that may be helpful:

http://www.bestdesti...exico-post-here

(just cut and paste the above since I don't know how to add a link, sorry)

#80 bondgirl0072010

bondgirl0072010
                    • 789 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:59 PM

You are more than welcome my dear! If you're in need of any foot jewels (or any other jewels) feel free to check out my site! All of my pieces are travel-inspired :) xoxo

Ooh Chelsea,

Thanks for those ideas. I'll definitely look into it. Beautiful picture of of the foot jewelery underwater btw.

For any one looking into travel info/safety in Mexiso, I found this thread that may be helpful:

http://www.bestdesti...exico-post-here

(just cut and paste the above since I don't know how to add a link, sorry)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users