Jump to content

Photo

Royal Cancun


  • Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#91 almah

almah
  • Newbie
  • 24 posts

    Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:11 AM

    Hi all!

     

    I'm getting married at the Royal on 6/25/12. So excited!

     

    My only concern is I feel like I shouldn't have had my guests stay at both hotels: Royal & Caribe. My family is staying at Caribe and my fiance's at Royal. The rest of our guests are at both as well. Now, i'm worried that we won't be able to hang out together because guests at Caribe can't come over to the Royal.

     

    Has anyone had this at their wedding? Was it a problem for all the guests to socialize during the day? I know day passes are available but those are $100 a day to come over to Royal and that's too expensive. I don't need them to come over and hang out by the pool, but how is the beach set up? Is it public?

     

    Thank you for your feedback,

     

    Alma



    #92 SparksFly

    SparksFly
    • Jr. Member
    • 219 posts

      Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:24 AM

      My wedding coordinator is Claudy che, but she is leaving for maternity leave next week so I will get assigned a new WC.

       

      I understand the January 1st RSVP, but maybe you should push it out a little further? A lot of people have holiday bills to pay and might be overwhelmed with the idea of paying for a vacation thats 6 months away. I am hoping for final RSVP by 1-April.

       

      I am beyondddddd frustrated with the wedding coordinators at realresorts. I pretty sure that anyone that comes to MX will stay at the Royal. They only have 1-2 areas that host private receptions for parties less than 50 people.

       

      The only private reception place they have (which I took out of desperation) is the rooftop terrace on the gran caribe side (green floor, ugh). I also have to have the cocktail hour up there because they can't squeeze my cocktail hour on the beach by pelicanos which is where my ceremony will be.

       

      SORRY JUST VENTING!

       

      I am seriously considering having the reception at another hotel. Most of my family who are coming is staying at the Royal, but I do not like the idea of having the reception on a rooftop that is made for over 150+ people!

       

      I really really don't know what to do, but I guess I am acting like a bridezilla right now.

       

      Would it be crazy to push my date forward or back a day so I can get a better location?



      #93 Labebita911

      Labebita911
      • Jr. Member
      • 303 posts

        Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:40 PM


        Hey Sparksfly, I jus noticed i  posted the reply to the last post like 4 times lol sorry my computer was acting up.

         

        My WC is Angie, shes a nice girl

        Yea i figured they wouldnt be able to RSVP, but i told peeople that that date is just a rough estimate to know if they think they would be able to or absoloutly NO,  like ive had a coupl eof people that in the beginning has said i wouldbt miss it for nothing but now 2 are prego, the opther just moved, the other might take her kids to disney, so now i have about 6 absoultyl NO's so i might extend invites to some that i couldnt invite but now can.

         

        yea althgouh the beach is not private its semi-private my dream is and always been on the beach, the only expection i would do it the gazebo if godforbid it rains which im already freaking out about weather but you can have the gazebo for the reception? or the ballroom?

         

        im getting frustrated with the royal cuz i feel like some brides have gotten away with certain things and here i am asking my WC and she says no. although another bride has gotten it.. i dont understand!!
         

        Originally Posted by SparksFly 

        My wedding coordinator is Claudy che, but she is leaving for maternity leave next week so I will get assigned a new WC.

         

        I understand the January 1st RSVP, but maybe you should push it out a little further? A lot of people have holiday bills to pay and might be overwhelmed with the idea of paying for a vacation thats 6 months away. I am hoping for final RSVP by 1-April.

         

        I am beyondddddd frustrated with the wedding coordinators at realresorts. I pretty sure that anyone that comes to MX will stay at the Royal. They only have 1-2 areas that host private receptions for parties less than 50 people.

         

        The only private reception place they have (which I took out of desperation) is the rooftop terrace on the gran caribe side (green floor, ugh). I also have to have the cocktail hour up there because they can't squeeze my cocktail hour on the beach by pelicanos which is where my ceremony will be.

         

        SORRY JUST VENTING!

         

        I am seriously considering having the reception at another hotel. Most of my family who are coming is staying at the Royal, but I do not like the idea of having the reception on a rooftop that is made for over 150+ people!

         

        I really really don't know what to do, but I guess I am acting like a bridezilla right now.

         

        Would it be crazy to push my date forward or back a day so I can get a better location?



         


        Future Mrs. Perez 2012

        The Royal Cancun

        Cancun, MX

        July 14, 2012

        Bride and Groom plus

        20 Guest Booked and counting...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


        #94 Labebita911

        Labebita911
        • Jr. Member
        • 303 posts

          Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:43 PM


          Hi ALmah,

           

          Well right now the resort is having a promotion for day passes, you must buy 3 but each cost about $60 so thats good compared to the $100 you save a lot. and the 60 is for the all day pass they have i believe a $40 for times of 9-5 so that can work too.. Another thing is you can always go to Gran Caribe instead. My guest arent all staying for the week some are just going for 3 days so thats another option and the Beach is public and ive heard of people saying they havent gotten caught 
           

          Originally Posted by almah 

          Hi all!

           

          I'm getting married at the Royal on 6/25/12. So excited!

           

          My only concern is I feel like I shouldn't have had my guests stay at both hotels: Royal & Caribe. My family is staying at Caribe and my fiance's at Royal. The rest of our guests are at both as well. Now, i'm worried that we won't be able to hang out together because guests at Caribe can't come over to the Royal.

           

          Has anyone had this at their wedding? Was it a problem for all the guests to socialize during the day? I know day passes are available but those are $100 a day to come over to Royal and that's too expensive. I don't need them to come over and hang out by the pool, but how is the beach set up? Is it public?

           

          Thank you for your feedback,

           

          Alma



           


          Future Mrs. Perez 2012

          The Royal Cancun

          Cancun, MX

          July 14, 2012

          Bride and Groom plus

          20 Guest Booked and counting...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


          #95 Shay12

          Shay12
          • Newbie
          • 68 posts

            Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:47 AM

            I went with my local TA. Nora Blum with Travel Leaders. 

            And ladies....... My wedding is less than 2 months away. I have done some research on the little extra things but have done nothing. I would like to do OOT bags, favors ect ect.... But Im spending all my budget on dj, photo & video.

            So unless I come up with some extra $ I'm not going to worry about it until I get there. It's going to be just as beautiful and memorable no matter what!



            #96 SparksFly

            SparksFly
            • Jr. Member
            • 219 posts

              Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:14 AM

              Where do you get the day passes for 60 dollars a piece? I probably would buy a few for friends that will end up staying at the Caribe. Help?



              #97 SparksFly

              SparksFly
              • Jr. Member
              • 219 posts

                Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:16 AM

                Hey! Maybe you can hit up the Costco or Walmart  in Cancun before your guests arrive? Buy some little stuff there for your OOT bags? I've been trying to figure out if my Mom can go over there and pickup flowers (Costco) for the reception centerpieces...



                #98 SparksFly

                SparksFly
                • Jr. Member
                • 219 posts

                  Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:18 AM

                  Also, I am not going to lie...,my fiance and I went to Cancun in November of 2010 and we snuck on the Royal's property for a little while- no problems.

                   

                  We didn't try to get any food or drinks...we just hung out by the pool.



                  #99 Labebita911

                  Labebita911
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 303 posts

                    Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:47 PM

                    My WC told me there is a promotion, the thing is you must buy 3 to get them for $60 a piece.... but its worth it considering one all day pass is 100.....
                     

                    Originally Posted by SparksFly 

                    Where do you get the day passes for 60 dollars a piece? I probably would buy a few for friends that will end up staying at the Caribe. Help?



                     


                    Future Mrs. Perez 2012

                    The Royal Cancun

                    Cancun, MX

                    July 14, 2012

                    Bride and Groom plus

                    20 Guest Booked and counting...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                    #100 almah

                    almah
                    • Newbie
                    • 24 posts

                      Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:11 PM

                      Hey SparksFly, 

                       

                      if you're not happy with your location, and you're able to move the date around, I would. I saw pix of the green terrace and I didn't care for it either. It would be great, despite the size, but the green turf is horrible. However, not that the carper in the ballroom is any prettier and I'm stuck in there. 
                       

                      Originally Posted by SparksFly 

                      My wedding coordinator is Claudy che, but she is leaving for maternity leave next week so I will get assigned a new WC.

                       

                      I understand the January 1st RSVP, but maybe you should push it out a little further? A lot of people have holiday bills to pay and might be overwhelmed with the idea of paying for a vacation thats 6 months away. I am hoping for final RSVP by 1-April.

                       

                      I am beyondddddd frustrated with the wedding coordinators at realresorts. I pretty sure that anyone that comes to MX will stay at the Royal. They only have 1-2 areas that host private receptions for parties less than 50 people.

                       

                      The only private reception place they have (which I took out of desperation) is the rooftop terrace on the gran caribe side (green floor, ugh). I also have to have the cocktail hour up there because they can't squeeze my cocktail hour on the beach by pelicanos which is where my ceremony will be.

                       

                      SORRY JUST VENTING!

                       

                      I am seriously considering having the reception at another hotel. Most of my family who are coming is staying at the Royal, but I do not like the idea of having the reception on a rooftop that is made for over 150+ people!

                       

                      I really really don't know what to do, but I guess I am acting like a bridezilla right now.

                       

                      Would it be crazy to push my date forward or back a day so I can get a better location?



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users