I envy you girls who still have their weddings coming up..I would give anything to rewind that day! It was beyond perfect!  You will love it!

Originally Posted by Bride2B22 View Post

Kathy- your wedding was beautiful!!!!

i cant wait for my big day in just over 50 days away!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ladies!!

I was going through my photographer's slide shows and saw a couple for The Royal! I love the Royal! What a beautiful resort! It was a top contender in my search for a resort. In the end MP had all the things we wanted. I thought I would share since they have some great shots of the resort, and have some great ceremony/reception shots that can give some good ideas! Hope it helps!

http://delsolphotography.com/blog/content/galleries/?gal=179 (great shots of the gazebo and lawn reception)

http://delsolphotography.com/blog/content/galleries/?gal=269 (great shots of beach set up and an AMAZING cocktail hour)

http://delsolphotography.com/blog/content/galleries/?gal=368 (great shots of a terrace reception with dance floor)

I have Rachel with La Luna booked and I am SO excited! Jonathan was my other pick. It was so hard!!! They are both amazing! I can't stop looking at their photos! You can't go wrong with either company. They are top notch without a doubt!

Here is La Luna's site with all the photographers' portfolios: http://lalunaphotographers.com/

Happy Planning!!! :)

Originally Posted by andreabrazil View Post

I used La Luna - Jonathon this month at my wedding at the Royal and they were AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! They ran around like mad men capturing every single moment!!!!! loved, loved, loved them!!! i should get my pictures back in 4 weeks or so and will post them. I highly recommend them

Hola Andrea...thanks for the nice words!  Jonathan is awesome!   The photos are looking amazing!

Saludos!

mateo

Hi KathyW

Hope you are well? Im a neewbie top the forum and have totally loved hearing everyones stories! We are hoping to get married at the Royal in Oct 2012 - just trying to get all the details straight in our heads before we take the plunge as we are from Scotland we cannot make a site visit :(

Just read your review and had a look at your pics and they are AMAZING!!!!!!! We are staying at the Royal and want a gazebo wedding and a private reception! We are having around 20 ppl there! would you recommend doing the Gazebo then the reception area in front of it at the Gran Caribe? Did you feel it was pretty private? what time was the reception allowed to go on until? Also the majority of the ppl in my party are fussy eaters - did you get to pick your own menu before of was all that when you get there??

Sorry for the million questions - its just so nice to hear from someone who has done it first hand. xxxxx

Hi! Thanks for the nice words! :) Yes I would totally reccomend the Gran Caribe and Gazebo terrace for your group of 20 people. I think its the best spot for a smaller group as the other terraces are much bigger and I would think would be less intimate. I loved the terrace just because it was super private and the space made it feel like we had a larger group. We had 34 people and we all fit perfectly. It was super private! Also I reccomend you use the Gran Caribe gazebo over the Royal because the Royal gazebo is very out in the middle of everything over by the pool area so much more public. THe Gran gazebo is between hotels and there are gates on both sides so less traffic..we didnt have anyone in our area the entire time we had our ceremony or reception. They keep it closed off so its private... As far as food goes, we werent able to taste anything before hand since we didnt do a site visit prior to the wedding trip but we had the chicken florentine and beef fillet and everyone loved them both. I also had 1 guest who had the linguini and she said that was great also...So if you stick to the basic meals you wont be dissapointed! Everything was fabulous! :)

Originally Posted by scottandmel View Post

Hi KathyW

Hope you are well? Im a neewbie top the forum and have totally loved hearing everyones stories! We are hoping to get married at the Royal in Oct 2012 - just trying to get all the details straight in our heads before we take the plunge as we are from Scotland we cannot make a site visit :(

Just read your review and had a look at your pics and they are AMAZING!!!!!!! We are staying at the Royal and want a gazebo wedding and a private reception! We are having around 20 ppl there! would you recommend doing the Gazebo then the reception area in front of it at the Gran Caribe? Did you feel it was pretty private? what time was the reception allowed to go on until? Also the majority of the ppl in my party are fussy eaters - did you get to pick your own menu before of was all that when you get there??

Sorry for the million questions - its just so nice to hear from someone who has done it first hand. xxxxx

Hi again! Thanks soo much for your reply! Your pictures are gorgeous! Cant stop looking at them! Did you go for the basic package and add on the extras when you got there? Also I am doing the wedding through there website but I cant see any options to choose the reception? Did you have to choose these things through email correspondance running up to the wedding? did they class where your reception was held as private or semi-private? Also for your evening reception did you have a DJ or the ipod option? what time did you have to end the reception at? Also did you have a photographer from outside or use the hotel one? xxxxx

Originally Posted by KathyW View Post

Hi! Thanks for the nice words! :) Yes I would totally reccomend the Gran Caribe and Gazebo terrace for your group of 20 people. I think its the best spot for a smaller group as the other terraces are much bigger and I would think would be less intimate. I loved the terrace just because it was super private and the space made it feel like we had a larger group. We had 34 people and we all fit perfectly. It was super private! Also I reccomend you use the Gran Caribe gazebo over the Royal because the Royal gazebo is very out in the middle of everything over by the pool area so much more public. THe Gran gazebo is between hotels and there are gates on both sides so less traffic..we didnt have anyone in our area the entire time we had our ceremony or reception. They keep it closed off so its private... As far as food goes, we werent able to taste anything before hand since we didnt do a site visit prior to the wedding trip but we had the chicken florentine and beef fillet and everyone loved them both. I also had 1 guest who had the linguini and she said that was great also...So if you stick to the basic meals you wont be dissapointed! Everything was fabulous! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! :) Ok so we just did the free wedding because we booked 5 nts at the Royal  Presidential suite. Money well spent btw! We did the private reception but you have to have 20 guests to get this (which you get to pick your location), otherwise it will be a semiprivate reception and you can only have those in the restuarants. It will cost an extra 30 dollars per person to do the private reception. You can just email your coordinator a head of time and stake your claim on time and location otherwise if you wait until the 45 day  mark which is when you do all the forms with all your details for the wedding.  If you wait till then it could be too late and the location may already be booked. So my advice is to do everything in writing with your WC as soon as you make your decision on venues. We did our private reception on the gazebo terrace and used the gazebo for dancing (ceremony was at 5 and reception started at 6:30-9:30) The latest you can be out there is 10 though.  Yes we did have a DJ. We booked Ivan from DJ Demorixx who was absolutely wonderful. If you have a younger crowd I would highly reccomend getting the dj. Plus the DJ brings the lighting and decor and really makes the gazebo look fun and beautiful. Worth the money!!! We used Cecilia Dumas and she was super amazing, which we booked on our own and booked her a room at the Gran Caribe to avoid the outside vendor fee of 375 I think... It was well worth the money also because I did not hear great reviews on the hotels photographers. If you want to see more pics you can friend me on facebook. Just private message me and I will give you my FB info :)

Hopefully that was helpful...if you have anymore questions feel free to ask...Im here to help all of you brides who are where i was at one point... Its so hard to plan your dream wedding at a place site unseen so its really helpful to be on this site and have brides who have been there done that! :)

Originally Posted by scottandmel View Post

Hi again! Thanks soo much for your reply! Your pictures are gorgeous! Cant stop looking at them! Did you go for the basic package and add on the extras when you got there? Also I am doing the wedding through there website but I cant see any options to choose the reception? Did you have to choose these things through email correspondance running up to the wedding? did they class where your reception was held as private or semi-private? Also for your evening reception did you have a DJ or the ipod option? what time did you have to end the reception at? Also did you have a photographer from outside or use the hotel one? xxxxx

Kathy, I have a question about the dress code for The Royal Cancun restaurants and bars.  I have not gotten an exact answer from anyone.  I need to know what to pack.  We are arriving there June 2. My son is getting married June 4.  I have been told some have a dress code of: long pants, closed toe shoes and no tank tops for men. I hadn't planned on "dressing" for every dinner.

Thanks.

The only restaurant that has a dress code is the reservations only restaurant at Maria Maria..the guys had to have on sleeves..We had one guy with us who had on a tank and they made him go put on a button up but everyone was wearing flip flops and sandals so they arent that enforcing of the dress code...all the other restaurants you can wear whatever or atleast we were never stopped for dress code issues... pretty much summer attire is fine.. and swim wear during the day is totally fine..I would just bring regular clothes for the dinner time but nothing real fancy

Originally Posted by faybarnett View Post

Kathy, I have a question about the dress code for The Royal Cancun restaurants and bars.  I have not gotten an exact answer from anyone.  I need to know what to pack.  We are arriving there June 2. My son is getting married June 4.  I have been told some have a dress code of: long pants, closed toe shoes and no tank tops for men. I hadn't planned on "dressing" for every dinner.

Thanks.