Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jawedding

Are you paying for your bridesmaids dresses?

Recommended Posts

So glad I found this thread. My FI and I were recently debating on this- I think that we should since we are not paying for their travel there but his thought is, if someone got married in another state we would have to pay to travel there and pay for the dress.

 

I think it is what ever fits in your budget and feels right to you. It's your day! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


That is a good point!  Also, I calculated the costs of my MOH's big extravagant NJ wedding and between the dress, shoes, hair, makeup, hotel room (2 nights), gift, bachelorette party, bridal shower etc....  It added up to over $1500!!!  It was a great wedding, but just because its a DW doesn't mean its any more expensive than an at home wedding.  Plus they get a vacation!
 

Originally Posted by tross84 View Post

So glad I found this thread. My FI and I were recently debating on this- I think that we should since we are not paying for their travel there but his thought is, if someone got married in another state we would have to pay to travel there and pay for the dress.

 

I think it is what ever fits in your budget and feels right to you. It's your day! :)



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am paying for my bridesmaid dresses and accessories and my FI is paying for his groomsmen outfits.

It's the least I can do if they are forking over $$$ to come to my wedding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just finished picking out the BM dresses and ordering them. I mentioned earlier that I never felt amazing about paying for them, but knew I had to becuase they were paying so much to come down. When we were trying on the dresses, one of my sisters said, so you're paying for them, right? I mean, we have to pay soo much to go down. I had been planning on it, but that sort of pissed me off, considering that specific sister is not paying for her trip at all-my dad is. It's not like my wedding is cheap for me. I don't mind paying for them, I just want them to appreciate the fact that I'm paying $265 per dress x 3 and I don't feel like it's being appreciated. After trying them on, they had to leave quickly, and I was standing there, paying for them all, and haven't heard any sort of thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i will be paying for their dresses i think it's only fair since they are akready putting up alot of money towards  their trip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I'm sorry to hear that sad.gif  They should feel honored that you are willing to do that for them!  They're being very ungrateful right now but hopefully they will realize that eventually.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by june11bride View Post

I just finished picking out the BM dresses and ordering them. I mentioned earlier that I never felt amazing about paying for them, but knew I had to becuase they were paying so much to come down. When we were trying on the dresses, one of my sisters said, so you're paying for them, right? I mean, we have to pay soo much to go down. I had been planning on it, but that sort of pissed me off, considering that specific sister is not paying for her trip at all-my dad is. It's not like my wedding is cheap for me. I don't mind paying for them, I just want them to appreciate the fact that I'm paying $265 per dress x 3 and I don't feel like it's being appreciated. After trying them on, they had to leave quickly, and I was standing there, paying for them all, and haven't heard any sort of thanks.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am paying for my bridesmaids dresses but I am considering going with the Victoria Secret Multiway dresses that are under $100.00, they have similar dresses for even less at Aqua (Branch of La Vie en Rose, not sure if its in the US). The one's from Aqua will be under $50.00 so it's not so bad.

 

I wan in my bros wedding a couple years ago in Dominican and we paid about $150 for our dresses and I didn't even think twice about it. I think if it's not to pricy it's a nice thank you gift. Plus I am truly hoping that they will wear the mulitway dress again. I bought one and absolutely love it!!!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by KelandJay81 View Post

 

I am paying for my bridesmaids dresses but I am considering going with the Victoria Secret Multiway dresses that are under $100.00, they have similar dresses for even less at Aqua (Branch of La Vie en Rose, not sure if its in the US). The one's from Aqua will be under $50.00 so it's not so bad.

 

I wan in my bros wedding a couple years ago in Dominican and we paid about $150 for our dresses and I didn't even think twice about it. I think if it's not to pricy it's a nice thank you gift. Plus I am truly hoping that they will wear the mulitway dress again. I bought one and absolutely love it!!!

 

 

 

LOVE those dresses! They are soo comfy and multi functional. They also look great on most shapes.  Some awesome jewelery, hair and make-up and your girls are all set.  Plus! they can use them again, great choice :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going to ask my bridesmaids to pay for their dresses. I have 5 girls. I am sure they will all be ok with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seem to be the odd one out...

 

I have 3 bridesmaids and I am paying for their dresses.  They are $200 each.  This is my gift to them.  I might make them pay for alterations though...haven't decided.

It is actually really only a North American tradition where the bridesmaids pay for their dresses - in other places, like in Europe, the bride pays for the bridesmaid dresses.

 

I have no problem doing this.

I mean, they are spending $1385 to come to our wedding.  Yes, they would be paying for their dresses had the wedding been here, but it would never have accumulated to the amount they are paying to come to our wedding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • What color is your wedding? You can go with warm autumn-inspired colors such as burnt oranges, dark reds, burgundy, bright yellows, like fall foliage   https://printsbery.com/invitations/wedding/burgundy   What planning have you guys done?  
    • We booked our wedding for April 2021 but the venue let us know at this time they are still implementing Covid measures so we should not have more than 50 guests, etc. We also made sure the contract had an "out" clause that would let us get a refund should the pandemic blow up again, or have the ability to reschedule without penalty.
    • I am having my wedding scheduled in November 2020. I am too much worried about how all the things will be managed in this pandemic situation. About everything like the guest list, preparations, my attire and all. The only thing I am relaxed is about finances. In Feb only me and my fiancé applied for the wedding loans. We have applied early because both of us are having bad credit we had a doubt that it will be approved or not. But our wedding loans with bad credit were timely approved and we have planned accordingly but now this pandemic has spoiled all our preparations. We are trying to be positive and trying to celebrate our new beginnings.
    • Welcome. I am a past Dreams Los Cabos bride. Please let us know if we can assist in any way. We have some great promotions (bride and groom fly free, comped rooms and upgrades).    info@wrighttravelagency.com
    • Hi all. My fiance and I are getting married at Dreams Los Cabos in Cabo San Lucas on April, 2021! We've been together for 3 years and we are so excited for our little wedding!  
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...