Photo

Are you paying for your bridesmaids dresses?

• Please log in to reply
412 replies to this topic

#81 SSNM

SSNM
  • 675 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:28 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KRama
    I think we just got carried away. We really loved the dresses but no one really did the math. Rookie mistake! We've since discussed it and decided that they're just not worth the price (they're J.Crew cotton dresses) so we're sending them back. The good news is, we found the same dresses in an "end of season" color that are a fraction of the price! Crisis averted. :)
    Phew! Glad it worked out for you!

#82 IMPPEARL

IMPPEARL
    • 336 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:46 PM

I paid for their dresses and the GM's outfits too. I got the girls dresses for around $40, and I choose them however they all had a say and they all really liked them. I also got them a pashmenia for 3/$15 at Suzie Sheer, a necklaces for approx $5, and Earrings for $20. All in all I figured they are spending a lot to join us so I got them their outfits. I think I spent about $600 total on both the ladies and men’s outfits. I have 4 BM and $ GM.
      Need an Amazing Photographer? Phil Steingard and his colleagues are great!http://www.steingardstudios.com/
      http://www.michaelsteingard.com/
      http://www.jamiedimitry.com/

#83 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
      • 5,466 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 04:18 PM

KRama, I was totally going to say never order anything from jcrew without a coupon code/free shipping! Their stuff goes on sale so often that it doenst make sense to pay full price. With that being said, I bought all 7 of my bmaids their dresses from there for full price cause I didnt want them to run out! ha

#84 kellynadam2010

kellynadam2010
        • 187 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:49 PM

I'm paying for my girls, we got dresses from Victoria's secret for $55, so not too bad. That will be part of my gift to them, maybe makeup too or something. I think we're going to pay for the guys too, if we ever decide on a color scheme that will go with everything else :)

#85 slapsappyhappy

slapsappyhappy
          • 443 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:24 PM

I wanted to get a dress from David's bridal for cheap, but we found a dress at a boutique for $170 each. I have 8 bridesmaids and 3 of them were with me. I protested about the price but they all said they don't care. I think they will care when they find out how much the resort is costing!!! That is why I have not told the other bridesmaids how much it is yet...

#86 Steph08

Steph08
            • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:01 AM

At my friend's wedding last 2007, all her bridesmaid were her friends (I'm not one because I was pregnant that time) and they are all professionals so she just asked all of them to pay for their own dress. They all agreed.

Mine, my bridesmaids were all teenagers so I paid for all of them. So I think it depends on the financial stability of your bridesmaids. So can ask them if they have the money to pay for it. Anyway they are the owner of the dress unless rented.

#87 jenlycus

jenlycus
              • 21 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:50 AM

My plan is to pay for their dresses as a thank you for helping out and being in the wedding. However, hair & makeup is up to them.

#88 *tanga*

*tanga*
                • 140 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:22 AM

For my wedding I am paying for the dresses and hair. (I am only having 2 bm's) and they can choose their own dress. I am bm in a wedding I paid for my own shoes and half of the dress and the bride is paying for make up and the rest of the dress. My only issue about it is that while I love the shoes they are absolute killers! So painful.

#89 Amanda1520

Amanda1520
                  • 31 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:56 AM

Hello ladies~

We paid for both the bridesmaid dresses and the groomsmens shirts & ties. It will be part of their gift. We are also flying down a make up/hair stylist so no on will have to worry about that either for the big day, I'm just asking that they tip the stylist since we are covering the expense of the stylist's airfare. Hope this helps. I ordered the bridesmaid dresses from J.Crew and got a $225.00 for just $69.99, but make sure to act fast if you're ordering a dress from there. In my experience they change their sales and which colors are on sale pretty quickly.

#90 Danyelle

Danyelle
                    • 368 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:27 PM

I've decided to pay for my two BMs dresses. I'm a bargain hunter and know we'll find something gorgeous that works into my budget. They'll pay for their own shoes/jewelry etc. though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users